Rhubarb wrote:There's been a couple of threads lately about bike unfriendly workplaces, lack of showers etc. This has made me think about how lucky I am (well soon will be).
We're moving in to a new building in Aug which I think is going to be as good as it gets for cycling facilities. Highlights as follows:
- 182 bike racks in a secure caged area within the basement carpark with swipe card access, no extra keys
- 200 + personal lockers with full length hanging facilities and digital locks, no extra keys
- 11 showers each for male and female in the basement plus 2 per floor in the disabled toilets
- complimentary body/hair wash provided in showers (saves everyone bringing their own)
- complimentary fresh towel linen service (saves everyone drying towels in basement)
- ironing facilities in change rooms
- air conditioning in change rooms (important in Brisbane summer to stop sweating before you dress)
- dry cleaning / ironing service available (not free)
- complimentary fruit every day, plus heavily subsidized barista coffee within the building
- 3 bike shops within 200m if you need a tube or cable repair etc
My employer also provides a company branded set of bib and braces and a jersey free each year from scody.
There is going to be about 2100 people in this building but I still think this is going to be as good as it gets for cycle commuting. Bring on August!!!!
very similar for me at 150 or so employees, new fitout in Bris CBD, so it is compusory.
also a bike repair/service facility with free pickup/delivery, obviously they charge well but priceless for people with no idea.
no complaints ! and definitely encourages non-riders to start.