Hurt my groin riding at night (cold)

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
bollo

Hurt my groin riding at night (cold)

Postby bollo » Sat May 12, 2012 2:08 pm

Hi all went for my first night ride last night as the days are getting shorter so i got all my winter riding gear on & headed to the M7 cycle way around the 30k mark i noticed some pain coming from my left side inner thigh or groin.
What i would like to know is could the cold have caused this or if not what causes a groin injury when riding ?
2013 Cube Lightning HPC SL Race
2012 Merida Scultura Evo 905

Meditator

Re: Hurt my groin riding at night (cold)

Postby Meditator » Sat May 12, 2012 2:34 pm

I can't see why the cold would have caused it. But what would i know i'm not a boy. However, its probably something to do with your seat position or the fit of your clothing or how you sat on the seat.

you don't really describe the injury so there's not a lot that can be said until one knows what sort of injury? Is it a hernia? You might have caused it earlier and and the bike riding with constant movement made it worse to the point where you are now aware of it.

bollo

Postby bollo » Sat May 12, 2012 5:24 pm

don't think it's a hernia my left side groin hurts when i lift my leg & put it down was fine before i left last night , rode today & as soon as i hit a hill it was easier to stand up to avoid the pain
2013 Cube Lightning HPC SL Race
2012 Merida Scultura Evo 905

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sat May 12, 2012 5:32 pm

Injured a hip flexor ?, cold wouldn't help.