The "Excuses" Thread

BrisVegas

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Postby BrisVegas » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:16 am

left my run a bit late this morning for the 5am river loop. Was about to head out the door and noticed I had a flat. I didn't have time to change it and get to the meeting point in time, so went back to bed. :oops:

Changed the tube and tyre after brekky and then road to work instead. I promise I will go home via the hilliest route I can find as penance.
2004 Litespeed Tuscany Ti SRAM Force 2x10 & 2021 Bombtrack Hook EXT SRAM Rival 1x11

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:23 am

BrisVegas wrote:left my run a bit late this morning for the 5am river loop. Was about to head out the door and noticed I had a flat. I didn't have time to change it and get to the meeting point in time, so went back to bed. :oops:

Changed the tube and tyre after brekky and then road to work instead. I promise I will go home via the hilliest route I can find as penance.
considering you still rode, i don't know if it counts.
and you live in bardon, so the hilliest route is coot-tha, if you feel so inclined (get it - inclined)

BrisVegas

Postby BrisVegas » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:58 am

jasonc wrote:
BrisVegas wrote:left my run a bit late this morning for the 5am river loop. Was about to head out the door and noticed I had a flat. I didn't have time to change it and get to the meeting point in time, so went back to bed. :oops:

considering you still rode, i don't know if it counts.
and you live in bardon, so the hilliest route is coot-tha, if you feel so inclined (get it - inclined)
Well, I only do river loops Tues & Thurs (wife & kid commitments etc.), so missing this morning's was pretty slack...

yeah the hilliest route home for me is the front side of coot-tha. At least the first part up from the gardens to the turnoff, then I just keep going around onto Simpsons Road near the start of the back.
2004 Litespeed Tuscany Ti SRAM Force 2x10 & 2021 Bombtrack Hook EXT SRAM Rival 1x11

dynamictiger

Postby dynamictiger » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:12 pm

Went swimming Wednesday night. According to my swim watch computer thingy I broke the state record and according to my coach broke two personal best times on his stop watch.

This morning I struggled through spin class, and had planned to ride to work, but felt I had run out of go. Just stopped for lunch and was absolutely starving so this would correspond with the last couple of days activities. I always find hard swims hit me a couple of days later so no go juice...

kb

The "Excuses" Thread

Postby kb » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:07 am

Visited my brother-in-law yesterday. The wife drove and I rode. She had a little too much to drink so I had to drive home. Ok, she's usually unhappy with me riding late Saturday night anyway. Forgot the bike was still in the car though and am reduced to public transport today. I'd forgotten how much waiting around that can involve. Was a bit of a shock all kitted up, opening the garage door and... Doh!

Max

Re: The

Postby Max » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:44 pm

kb wrote:Was a bit of a shock all kitted up, opening the garage door and... Doh!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

Lizzy

Postby Lizzy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:21 pm

Haven’t been on the bike AT ALL this week due to too much fetching and carrying / too many costume / venue changes before / during / after work every fricking day, I’ll take a long weekend now preeez Image
“Lexa”: 2012 Trek Lexa S; "Hannelore": 2019 Kalkhoff, "Teal Cecile" Reid traino shuttle

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:41 am

Seeing a personal trainer this arvo straight after work, then its off to the LBS to get new gloves and grab some fruit and veg. Maybe some beer as well :lol:
2012 Oppy A4

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:00 am

father-in-law doing a flight simulator this afternoon and I get to go and watch. It's straight after work so no bike for me today.

__PG__

Postby __PG__ » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:37 am

On Saturday I put my cycling gear in the wrong washing basket...so I had no clean knicks to ride in this morning.
1994 Cecil Walker (now retired)
2013 Baum Corretto
2014 Cell Awaba 1.0

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun May 13, 2012 7:48 pm

jasonc wrote:father-in-law doing a flight simulator this afternoon and I get to go and watch. It's straight after work so no bike for me today.
another one for the father-in-law. he's flying out tomorrow night so I have to drop him at the airport. getting a lift in tomorrow morning. have thursday off as well. will have to make the other 3 days BIG.

EDIT: still got in a 30 minute ride in this morning
Last edited by jasonc on Mon May 14, 2012 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

AndrewBurns

Postby AndrewBurns » Sun May 13, 2012 7:51 pm

Woke up feeling ill and got huge vertigo on Friday. Raced yesterday though and keen to ride tomorrow so we'll see if I have any more excuses come tomorrow :P

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Sun May 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Did 420k last week. Should have a rest... but then how else would I get to work. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon May 14, 2012 7:38 am

Comedian wrote:Did 420k last week. Should have a rest... but then how else would I get to work. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
for some reason I think your bikejournal account may need some attention.

Comedian

The "Excuses" Thread

Postby Comedian » Mon May 14, 2012 11:53 am

jasonc wrote:
Comedian wrote:Did 420k last week. Should have a rest... but then how else would I get to work. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
for some reason I think your bikejournal account may need some attention.
yep I'm a bit slack with that. :)

If I get a chance ill do an update this afternoon. :)

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon May 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Comedian wrote:If I get a chance ill do an update this afternoon. :)
wave as you go 1000km in front of me.

BrisVegas

Postby BrisVegas » Mon May 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Not an excuse as such, but I have hardly commuted to work since moving into town and doing the walk to school with the kids. I do river loops and weekend rides now instead. Excuses were, it's not far enough to be worthwhile (<10km), and I had to stuff my bike shoes in my already overloaded backpack so I could walk to school and not ruin my cleats etc..

But anyway, today my daughter rode to school for the first time! Got her a new bike on the weekend for her 7th birthday. A little 20" Avanti Black Thunder with 3 spd Nexus. She's loving the gears and can now get up the hills in our street. So, I rode along with her and went ahead a few times to catch her just in case she lost control, but it went great. Hopefully she is keen to keep doing it, because then I can leave the house in my riding gear and just keep going in to work after dropping her at school.. In the arvo, I will either ride back there and collect her from after school care, or my wife can collect her and throw the bike in the back of the Pajero. It fits standing up!

So, anyway, hopefully I'll get some more commutes in and save on translink's bus fares.... :evil:

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Mon May 14, 2012 4:46 pm

jasonc wrote:
Nup... only about 500. You are doing super well this year. :)

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon May 14, 2012 5:40 pm

Comedian wrote:
jasonc wrote:
Nup... only about 500. You are doing super well this year. :)
bah

yeh. i have a 7k target
the real target is to do more kms than our car (we have 1)
was only 2kms behind for the year at easter, but 2 trips down the gold coast (in the car) and a week off the bike interstate (with the wife still in brisbane driving) have put me behind, a lot. if i can do 10k I'd be very happy. am now over 1000kms in front of my brother who is/was a big rider, so that was one goal i didn't think i'd hit this year.
thanks for the encouragement. will be doing a lap of coot-tha tomorrow morning in the freezing cold.

gautamap

Postby gautamap » Mon May 14, 2012 9:47 pm

had a fever, today's excuse
but then I don't come to my class too, need lot of rest, but not browsing on internet :p

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed May 16, 2012 7:54 pm

have a daddy day tomorrow (planning to still get a ride in before Mrs JasonC trundles off to work)

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon May 21, 2012 1:47 pm

Am desperately looking for an excuse - not to follow my doctors suggestion & have another week off cycling.

Have caught some nasty lurgy complete with blocked sinuses, lungs like a spa bath and a lovely cough to boot. Pretty much over the first two & very much over commuting by bus

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Recovering from a chest infection. Wife said no riding for the rest of the week “I’ll take you”....... How do I get home? Walk :roll:

Although walking is an experience. You see more when you’re riding than when you drive. But you see and hear even more when you walk 8) I think that there’s a place for having Police “walk the beat” but Cycle Cops in the ‘burbs would be a real winner IMHO
2012 Oppy A4

AndrewBurns

Postby AndrewBurns » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:12 pm

I've had a cold and a flu/chest infection type thing for the last three weeks so haven't ridden in about a month now. Driving my bike to work tomorrow and riding it home (I have lots of stuff to take in).

__PG__

Postby __PG__ » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:57 am

Our family has lice again (the joys of sending your kids to school) so I've put my helmet aside for the week.
1994 Cecil Walker (now retired)
2013 Baum Corretto
2014 Cell Awaba 1.0