2012 Giro d'Italia

MichaelB

Re: 2012 Giro d'Italia

Postby MichaelB » Tue May 15, 2012 8:55 am

Haven't seen the telecast yet, but from the reports, Pozzato took out Gossy on the final bend, and he was looking good for the win. Cav fell also.

Not sure what injuries if any, but they finished the stage on their bikes.

Damn Italians ...... especially those in Flouro !!

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Tue May 15, 2012 12:31 pm

I read Pozzato blamed Goss first but has since apologised. I havent watched it yet. I cant get SBS at my new place yet...I figure I've got till early July to get it sorted out!

Jim

Daccordi Rider

Postby Daccordi Rider » Tue May 15, 2012 1:02 pm

Pippo cannoned into the back of Gossy but you could not really see the cause. They changed camera angles just as it happened. Shame, he was looking good.
Certified Brand Snob

grasshopper

Postby grasshopper » Tue May 15, 2012 1:21 pm

I saw that Pozzato apologised but I could understand that Goss going so wide/slow would have looked a bit odd to him at the time. Impey made it round, maybe with a little difficulty, but interesting that Goss didn't trust Impey's line.

CT has the last few kms as well if you can't get SBS.

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Tue May 15, 2012 1:24 pm

What a werid corner to stick 450m from the finish, some of the commentry was that Goss and his lead out took a weird line but i reckon any line into that corner was going to be a gamble. Pippo was in a real weird place not sure if thats because he had changed direction just before coming into frame to avoid the crash? Real shame i reckon Gossy was looking good for the stage, impressed with GreenEdge in the final Km's of the stage so far. They seem to be able to get to the front at the right points, shame Bobridge is struggling he would be very handy in the last Km's.

Tonight has Rodriguez written all over it, and his obviously in the mood to attack given his attack in last nights stage. Beautiful finish to tonights stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIODPA4wezs
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue May 15, 2012 8:24 pm

Pippo is out with busted wrist.

scotto

Postby scotto » Wed May 16, 2012 3:00 pm

the green edge train was well positioned, and the commentry team were talking up the terrible bend at the finish all morning ! There was some talk of some remaining damp patches from the earlier rain which may have led to goss' wider than usual line, but his wider approach had no impact on being taken out. The team must still have to feel happy about having a three man lead out at the front with 400m to go.

it did seem like 'not the safest' place to have a final sprint, but then thats racing i guess.

Daccordi Rider

Postby Daccordi Rider » Wed May 16, 2012 3:18 pm

This shows Pippo seriously out of shape pre t-boning Gossy. :twisted:
Certified Brand Snob

jules21

Postby jules21 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:20 pm

pippo did nothing wrong there. he was just employing his little known experience as a speedway rider :)

Daccordi Rider

Postby Daccordi Rider » Wed May 16, 2012 3:26 pm

Really, how could Pippo be expecting Gossy not to corner in the same style. It's pretty much clear that Gossy stuffed up by not anticipating some Italian flair being produced by Pippo. He's just doing it to keep the tofosi entertained and Gossy swans into his show and brings them all down. 8)
Certified Brand Snob

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu May 17, 2012 8:48 am

Fronky is starting to regain his pre-Giro form .....

Lost 26 seconds on Stage 10 with simple climbs, and lost another 46 in Stge 11.

Wonder what the excuses will be.

Bugger about Gossy not making the peleton today to keep the Red jersey. It seems that the crash has made him suffer a bit. Looked like a hard crunch from the telecast.

Roll on the mountains !!!

grasshopper

Postby grasshopper » Thu May 17, 2012 1:14 pm

Great to have that pippo-drifting angle DR.

Long live Rodriguez in pink. :D

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu May 17, 2012 7:18 pm

MichaelB wrote:Fronky is starting to regain his pre-Giro form .....

Lost 26 seconds on Stage 10 with simple climbs, and lost another 46 in Stge 11.

Wonder what the excuses will be.

Didn't take long

Shonky Fronky blames Rasmussen

Oh dear, wonder what the next excuse will be :roll:

PS Have no idea who is right, but don't care :twisted:

gururug

Postby gururug » Thu May 17, 2012 10:07 pm

Looking for Franky to play some cards on the Valico La Mola. Should be some good attacks.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:57 am

gururug wrote:Looking for Franky to play some cards on the Valico La Mola. Should be some good attacks.
unsure he has the legs, but will be interesting to watch and see

Daccordi Rider

Postby Daccordi Rider » Fri May 18, 2012 12:30 pm

gururug wrote:Looking for Franky to play some cards on the Valico La Mola. Should be some good attacks.
Surely you jest? :shock:
Certified Brand Snob

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri May 18, 2012 1:05 pm

Daccordi Rider wrote:
He's now complaining that he dislocated his shoulder. The Exit plan is in place ......

As a side note, the apparent twitter war going on between Rasmussen & Fronky is hilarious.

My money is that Fronky wont even last till the rest day. That'll teach Big Johann not to mess with the Schelcks !! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Daccordi Rider

Postby Daccordi Rider » Fri May 18, 2012 2:36 pm

Dislocated shoulder!? Syrsly. Too funny. Must be a tweeting injury.

*jeez I hope he does not come good Michael, we will have some words to eat* :lol:
Certified Brand Snob

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri May 18, 2012 2:47 pm

Daccordi Rider wrote:....

*jeez I hope he does not come good Michael, we will have some words to eat* :lol:

Odds are as good as Black Caviar not winning his 21st race :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Sat May 19, 2012 3:51 pm

No more hiding tonight, if you dont have it tonight then its going to show. I reckon Scarponi and Pozzo will do well tonight, J-Rod might suffer a bit. Also possible snow on this stage :shock:
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon May 21, 2012 8:43 am

MichaelB wrote:
Daccordi Rider wrote:
He's now complaining that he dislocated his shoulder. The Exit plan is in place ......

As a side note, the apparent twitter war going on between Rasmussen & Fronky is hilarious.

My money is that Fronky wont even last till the rest day. That'll teach Big Johann not to mess with the Schelcks !! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BINGO !!! :roll:

Fränk Schleck pulls out of Giro d'Italia

But Johann is not happy ...
At the start in Busto Arsizio on Sunday morning, however, RadioShack-Nissan manager Johan Bruyneel told Cyclingnews that he did not believe Schleck’s injury was serious enough to merit abandoning the Giro d’Italia, and he was adamant that his rider could not only continue but aspire to a placing in the top 5 overall.

“As far as I’m concerned, his physical condition is good,” Bruyneel said. “There is an injury. It will probably be a problem sometimes to stay with the best guys but it’s definitely not an injury to consider an abandon.”

Bruyneel also denied that Schleck had earlier sought to abandon the Giro in order to prepare for the Tour de France in the company of his brother Andy. On Sunday morning Gazzetta dello Sport reported that Bruyneel, Schleck and Kim Andersen held a meeting on the matter on Saturday night at the RadioShack-Nissan hotel in Cerro Maggiore, but Bruyneel said the story did not have substance.

“It’s at least not the intention. Fränk came here to do a good Giro and that’s still the plan,” he said. “With the shoulder injury, there is obviously a problem. I think there was a small dislocation or separation. It’s been fixed but the damage is there, but a shoulder is better than a leg I would say. He can pedal, he was able to stay with the best guys on the climb yesterday.”
What a wuss * ...

Mind you, still a good rider, but RSNT and the Schlucks are a bit of a joke ....

Meanwhile, Ryder is doing a brilliant job :D

Nikolai

Postby Nikolai » Mon May 21, 2012 9:19 am

Seriously impressive ride by Rabottini, especially the last 100m. I think it might be a career changing ride.

norbs

Postby norbs » Mon May 21, 2012 9:45 am

Re. Frank Schleck. Johan really doesn't like his riders abandoning. Even his favourite. You guys seen this?

jules21

Postby jules21 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:50 am

you can hear JB pushing the boundaries with lance there a bit. i imagine he is disgusted with frank.

grasshopper

Postby grasshopper » Mon May 21, 2012 11:13 am

^ Good calling on Frank. :lol:
MichaelB wrote:Mind you, still a good rider, but RSNT and the Schlucks are a bit of a joke ....
It was always bound to be a culture clash I think. I love the 'He can pedal ...' from Johan. Like 'It's only a flesh wound'.

Amazing ride by Rabottini, and impressed with Rodriguez too. And it's always good to have him in pink. :D Great weekend of racing all round.

edit: Oh, and what a filthy day to be racing. They earn every cent for my money.