Women's Criterium Series (Sydney)

bigfriendlyvegan

Women's Criterium Series (Sydney)

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Wed May 16, 2012 8:32 pm

From my club (LACC) newsletter:
Womans Criterium Series 2012

Earlier this year a survey was conducted for female members of Cycling NSW based in Sydney to gauge interest in participating and the support they would give to the establishment of women’s only graded crit races.

A number of options were proposed and the majority of support indicated a wish for monthly weekend races within the Sydney area where members could access a safe circuit, be able to ride to and from with ease, and for the racing to be graded to A and B when numbers permitted.

Three clubswere approached that already have an established crit racing schedule on 3 different circuits (Heffron Park, Waratah Park and SOP – Tennis Centre) and all agreed to offer a women’s grade in their schedules, and, when numbers permitted to have an A + B grade.

We have now established a women’s grade crit every month for 2012 at these venues and want you to spread the word amongst the cycling community, turn up to race, and in general support the development of women’s racing in NSW.

We are also proposing to hold 3 days at Dunc Gray crit circuit with a morning of skill development, race tactics, and preparation followed by an afternoons racing with something to attract all levels of skills and experience. Once again support from a wide cross section of females will be what makes these days successful along with growth of women’s cycling in Sydney.

Eleri

Re: Women's Criterium Series (Sydney)

Postby Eleri » Thu May 17, 2012 8:33 pm

This is a good thing. Thanks for posting this!

I probably can't make this Saturday as I've signed up for SU Velo women's on Sunday but looking forward to the rest.

grasshopper

Postby grasshopper » Thu May 17, 2012 8:44 pm

Well done to the clubs involved. One of our clubs has been driving women's crit racing pretty hard for several years and now runs A, B and C each week in summer. Good luck with it.

Eleri

Postby Eleri » Sun May 20, 2012 3:00 pm

Picked the wrong day - SU Velo at Heffron was washed out. Yesterday was a great day for racing, shame I wasn't. :(