DOME group, poor form.

BarryTas

Re: DOME group, poor form.

Postby BarryTas » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:31 am

alright, time to call a truce as we are all in this together.

I have ridden with a lot of groups in and around Hobart and all of them try to be safe, but none are perfect.
when do we stop for coffee???

Doc Savage

Postby Doc Savage » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:06 am

master6 wrote:
Doc Savage wrote:Hence, the Dome riders who choose to practise their sprint leadouts on the bike track at 7:30am on Wednesday mornings,
I am not aware of any "Dome " rides on Wednesday mornings.

Dont spray your crap near me because my shirt is of a certain type.
Yeah, I said riders.

You appear to to be defending riding too closely to pedestrians. Strange attitude, but each to their own.

master6

Postby master6 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 am

Doc Savage wrote:
master6 wrote:
Doc Savage wrote:Hence, the Dome riders who choose to practise their sprint leadouts on the bike track at 7:30am on Wednesday mornings,
I am not aware of any "Dome " rides on Wednesday mornings.

Dont spray your crap near me because my shirt is of a certain type.
Yeah, I said riders.

You appear to to be defending riding too closely to pedestrians. Strange attitude, but each to their own.
Your statement was clear;

'Hence, the Dome riders '

I did not defend anything. On the contrary, I attacked whingers and whiners. Have a look in the mirror. :D Do you see Mr Perfect? Or is it too foggy?

master6

Postby master6 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:51 am

BarryTas wrote:

I have ridden with a lot of groups in and around Hobart and all of them try to be safe, but none are perfect.
Someone speaking sense here.

BarryTas wrote: we are all in this together.
We are not all in this together Barry. Do you bag, for example, "BMC", riders because they have the same shirt as someone you consider to be infringing. I dont think so.

iaintas

Postby iaintas » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:34 pm

:roll: sorry master6 would it have been better to say "the large group wearing the same jersey advertising the DOME cafe"

master6

Postby master6 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:11 pm

iaintas wrote::roll: sorry master6 would it have been better to say "the large group wearing the same jersey advertising the DOME cafe"
instead of what :?:

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Thu May 17, 2012 5:44 pm

I was told today that the Dome bunch were in the press recently about riding 4 abreast up Bonnet a couple of weeks ago? Anyone see the article?

master6

Postby master6 » Thu May 17, 2012 8:17 pm

RobRollin wrote:I was told today that the Dome bunch were in the press recently about riding 4 abreast up Bonnet a couple of weeks ago? Anyone see the article?
............Did the item include photos?

:D :D :D

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Thu May 17, 2012 8:37 pm

I dont know I checked online and nothing any thoughts Master6? :?

master6

Postby master6 » Thu May 17, 2012 9:01 pm

RobRollin wrote:I dont know I checked online and nothing any thoughts Master6? :?
My thoughts? A load of crap. We all live in glass houses at times>

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Thu May 17, 2012 9:08 pm

Someone mentioned to me that it was emailed around the Dome group apparently? I see it both ways constructive critcism can benefit all. I have been known to pass on the wrong side of the road, undertake cars in the past. Just saying, wearing a jersey or kicks from any club or with branding you can come unde fire from doing the wrong thing. If one of the Boutqiue riders did the wrong thing and we received a complaint it would be adressed for the better of all. If then ignored and another complaint received I think it would be up to the senoir rider, buisness owner etc then to take the appropriate action.

And I wouldnt throw stones in glasses houses because the glass would break and then may puncture my tires :)

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Fri May 18, 2012 7:53 am

I understand this is a chat site and that chat - by definition - is unstructured - but please - how about a bit of a reality check when things are thrown out there. Four Dome riders abreast riding up Bonnet Hill? Reality check - very highly unlikely. Like just about all of us when riding up hills the Dome bunch is strung out on any ride up the Bonnet like Mr Brown's cows - spread out from the bottom to the top.

And as we have chatted about earlier in this thread there is nothing wrong with four abreast if that is created by two riders two abreast overtaking two riders two abreast.

We have enough to deal with from outside the fraternity trying to harm the cycling brand - how about we be a bit more careful from within.

master6

Postby master6 » Fri May 18, 2012 4:54 pm

iaintas

Postby iaintas » Fri May 25, 2012 6:30 am

BenevolantDictatorD wrote:I understand this is a chat site and that chat - by definition - is unstructured - but please - how about a bit of a reality check when things are thrown out there. Four Dome riders abreast riding up Bonnet Hill? Reality check - very highly unlikely. Like just about all of us when riding up hills the Dome bunch is strung out on any ride up the Bonnet like Mr Brown's cows - spread out from the bottom to the top.

And as we have chatted about earlier in this thread there is nothing wrong with four abreast if that is created by two riders two abreast overtaking two riders two abreast.

We have enough to deal with from outside the fraternity trying to harm the cycling brand - how about we be a bit more careful from within.

I think that was my point to start with :roll:

gorilla monsoon

Postby gorilla monsoon » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:35 am

All I hear from this is the sound of feathers being ruffled.
Not my circus, not my monkeys