Jayco Herald Sun Tour

darcymitch
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 6:19 pm

Jayco Herald Sun Tour

Postby darcymitch » Fri May 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Anyone have a rough idea what the Vic Govt contributes in funding for the Sun Tour.

User avatar
greyhoundtom
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 6:28 am
Location: Wherever the sun is shining
Contact:

Re: Jayco Herald Sun Tour

Postby greyhoundtom » Sat May 19, 2012 5:01 pm

I know they chucked in $50.000 per year for 4 years for the Melbourne to Warrnambool, but I can't find any info for the funding of the Jayco Herald Sun Tour unfortunately.

User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 28309
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Re: Jayco Herald Sun Tour

Postby Mulger bill » Sat May 19, 2012 5:46 pm

I'm guessing it'd be about one sodall of a percent of what they use of taxpayer money to prop up other events.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

darcymitch
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 6:19 pm

Re: Jayco Herald Sun Tour

Postby darcymitch » Mon May 21, 2012 11:18 am

greyhoundtom wrote:I know they chucked in $50.000 per year for 4 years for the Melbourne to Warrnambool, but I can't find any info for the funding of the Jayco Herald Sun Tour unfortunately.


Thanks for that Greyhoundtom.

darcymitch
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 6:19 pm

Re: Jayco Herald Sun Tour

Postby darcymitch » Mon May 21, 2012 11:19 am

Mulger bill wrote:I'm guessing it'd be about one sodall of a percent of what they use of taxpayer money to prop up other events.

Thanks Mulger Bill.

User avatar
sturmey archer
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Jayco Herald Sun Tour

Postby sturmey archer » Mon May 21, 2012 8:31 pm

As a kid 35 years ago, I was always proud that one of our local bike races was prestigious enough to be the model name of a type of Deraillieur. Sadly I now know better.... :roll:
1.370" x 24 tpi - what sort of stupid standard is that?

User avatar
ldrcycles
Posts: 8188
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Re: Jayco Herald Sun Tour

Postby ldrcycles » Mon May 21, 2012 9:14 pm

sturmey archer wrote:As a kid 35 years ago, I was always proud that one of our local bike races was prestigious enough to be the model name of a type of Deraillieur. Sadly I now know better.... :roll:


:lol: :lol:

Whatever is spent on this, it would be a FAR better investment than the money that gets ploughed into making role models of women beating drunkards aka 'elite' footballers.
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.

User avatar
sturmey archer
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Jayco Herald Sun Tour

Postby sturmey archer » Mon May 21, 2012 9:47 pm

No sure if its much help, but a rummage thru the internet turned up:

VicHealth provided $100,000 in 2005
http://www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/en/Medi ... rald-Sun-$

Not State Govt, but Melbourne city council looks like it supplied $60,000 cash + $20,000 in kind in 2011/2012

http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/AboutCo ... ipents.XLS
1.370" x 24 tpi - what sort of stupid standard is that?

darcymitch
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 6:19 pm

Re: Jayco Herald Sun Tour

Postby darcymitch » Mon May 28, 2012 12:26 pm

Thanks Sturmey. A great help.

sturmey archer wrote:No sure if its much help, but a rummage thru the internet turned up:

VicHealth provided $100,000 in 2005
http://www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/en/Medi ... rald-Sun-$

Not State Govt, but Melbourne city council looks like it supplied $60,000 cash + $20,000 in kind in 2011/2012

http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/AboutCo ... ipents.XLS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users