Stars Circle Full Carbon Road Bike Frame + Fork

15wilsonwu

Stars Circle Full Carbon Road Bike Frame + Fork

Postby 15wilsonwu » Mon May 28, 2012 5:39 pm

Does anyone here own this frame? is it good?
2015 BMC TimeMachine TMR02
- Ultegra 6800
- Shimano RS31

ldrcycles

Re: Stars Circle Full Carbon Road Bike Frame + Fork

Postby ldrcycles » Mon May 28, 2012 7:07 pm

I'll be very interested to see if someone does have first hand experience of this frame, i've been curious about it for years. I have 3 sets of Stars Circle wheels, nothing special but they do the job.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Jo Cocker

Postby Jo Cocker » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:46 pm

I purchased a frame and fork approx 2 years ago. I cant speak highly enough of the quality of the frame build or the ride quality. I'm only 54k therefore it does'nt over flex but has plenty of vibration dampening. Soft ride but still stiff enough to get response and road feel. I initally stripped a Giant TCR Alloy with Ultegra but have since changed over to Sram Force, mainly due to the shifters. Have also replaced the wheel set with Stars lightweight wheels. Very twitchy but it might just be my riding ability! The whole rig is ultra light and I'm not thinking about repalcement for sometime yet. I find deep dish wheels cause too much windage for my weight.

My winter project last year was to buy a MTB carbon Stars frame and have built it up using the running gear from a much loved Fuji frame.
Next project is a paint job on the MTB......
:D

usernameforme

Postby usernameforme » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:09 pm

plenty of other chinese carbon frames out there, might as well look at bikeisland.com (motobecane), Ribble, Planet X... lots of sites sell this sort of thing.

15wilsonwu

Postby 15wilsonwu » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:31 pm

The main reason i decided on this frame is because i can get it locally and i can inspect it, whereas i cant with the others.
2015 BMC TimeMachine TMR02
- Ultegra 6800
- Shimano RS31