Ice Adventure FS HD

Baalzamon

Ice Adventure FS HD

Postby Baalzamon » Wed May 09, 2012 2:43 pm

Well I've had my trike now for 2 weeks and I guess it's time to show photos.

Right now I'm loving the trike, still playing with seat angles. My ayups have moved to a generic light mount on the FD post. I have also changed from the red elastometer shown to a green and changed it's position to 5. Found it was a stiffer ride in today, but I must have been compressing the red elastometer a lot as I'm 20kg over it's recommended weight.
Managed to get a wheel up significantly on a corner after a decent today. I'm sure the locals know which one I'm talking about when I say Roe Hwy over South St headed east. The bend on the underpass. Don't think I'll take it that fast again around that :lol:
I am going to have to replace the stock cassette, I'm finding the gearing spacing out way to much. I was cruising at 27kph then had to drop one gear and go to 22kph and my rpm goes up over 20 cadence.

Have I converted to the darkside, yep I have I think. Bit more time and I'll know for sure if my DF's are up for sale or not. But with my car pressing me for repairs well I'll be riding my trike 5 days a week. Sure legs will hurt but will only be for about 2 weeks before they get used to it. Will just need to stop and stretch during the commute

Future upgrades
Front mudguards are on order
Rear rack will be on order soon
Order from T-cycle
Fairing hmm I wonder
Bigger chainring? :mrgreen: It's only a 50t
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

Riggsbie

Re: Ice Adventure FS HD

Postby Riggsbie » Wed May 09, 2012 4:19 pm

Awesome !!

Great colour......

I am still on the red elastomer and weight 88kg....seems ok'ish but do get a fair amount of compression but only had a few scary sideways moments under compression.

Have you already ordered mudguards and rack ?

I have them, brand new front guards (unused), slightly used rear and slightly used rack which I might be tempted to sell as I am now getting a Mango.......

Paul

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Wed May 09, 2012 4:32 pm

I have ordered mudguards already they are on backorder from FFC tho.
Rack I require FS rack with sides. Do you have that type?

toofat

Postby toofat » Wed May 09, 2012 4:40 pm

you do realize that is you sell your df bikes you will have to grow a beard

Phil

Postby Phil » Wed May 09, 2012 5:28 pm

Well you missed the Purple Sky flag Bling which arrived this afternoon ;-)

And yes they are kinda a sexy in a dorky nerdy-triker kinda way.

Riggsbie

Postby Riggsbie » Wed May 09, 2012 6:36 pm

Yep, I have the FS rack with sides.....I had it on my Vortex for 500km..... Make an offer :wink:

Shame you already ordered the mudguards.....

Riggsbie

Postby Riggsbie » Wed May 09, 2012 6:40 pm

I recently bought a Dinotte 400r rear light, fantastic.....

One of my work friends just happened to drive past me last Sunday.....

He spotted a very bright flashing red light about 1km away, initially he thought it was a copper who had pulled over someone as it was very bright and very diffuse.....as he got closer he spotted my Vortex cruising at 35kph......

The light is on its lowest setting and it was 1pm in the afternoon on a 50% overcast day.....awesome safety feature ! I have a good flag too !

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Wed May 09, 2012 6:44 pm

BZ very nice trike and awesome colour not to mention you have purchased a great investment in that beast so congrats.

Ricky

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Wed May 09, 2012 8:46 pm

Nice one Stu. That sure looks the goods! I'm glad you're enjoying the experience.

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

John Lewis

Postby John Lewis » Wed May 09, 2012 9:43 pm

Nice photos Stuart.
A really beautiful trike. It was great to see it first hand and enjoy riding with you when you visited.
Helen thinks she'd like to sell her Log and get one. She loves the folding.

John

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Thu May 10, 2012 2:05 pm

So I hopped on my DF today, my Thorn and first thought was what the heck am I sitting on :shock:
That was after 258km's on my trike

Riggsbie

Postby Riggsbie » Thu May 10, 2012 2:32 pm

Hehehehe....

He has seen the light !!

Sell the DF's and buy a go faster trike next :P

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Thu May 10, 2012 3:44 pm

Riggsbie wrote:Hehehehe....

He has seen the light !!

Sell the DF's and buy a go faster trike next :P
errr velomobile :)

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Thu May 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Yet again I hopped on my Thorn to ride home and guess what... What am I sitting on goes again. I think I'm being truly converted here. I reckon another week and I'll be fully in the darkside of bents
Oh yes and whilst I was riding I was thinking, I don't have to do that with my trike, nor that, nor this so ummm convert you think?

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Mon May 28, 2012 12:17 am

Today I did an Audax 100km ride. There was some chipped seal roads. I could feel it a little, but Phil in his Vortex man could I hear the difference. Is voice was being affected by that! Loving the FS. But I need a visor and so does Phil hah.
We also got a nickname today, Audax bobsled :mrgreen:

Riggsbie

Postby Riggsbie » Mon May 28, 2012 7:00 pm

FS is the only way to go !

My 2011 Vortex FS is just awesome !

Phil

Postby Phil » Mon May 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Well the chipseal was pretty bad on the 28mm Duranos, love the Vortex most of the time, but I was struggling to read the Garmin for navigation as my head was getting shaken so much my eyes couldn't focus on it. Still was only a few kms.

See how I go in a few weeks on the 200km Audax Anniversary loop - see how good the roads are.

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Mon May 28, 2012 11:54 pm

Phil wrote:Well the chipseal was pretty bad on the 28mm Duranos, love the Vortex most of the time, but I was struggling to read the Garmin for navigation as my head was getting shaken so much my eyes couldn't focus on it. Still was only a few kms.

See how I go in a few weeks on the 200km Audax Anniversary loop - see how good the roads are.
OK from what I know last year. The 1st downhill shaked my Supernova E3 loose. It's a long downhill which we will love, well I suspect me for :) But I don't think I had my Supernova correct torque and a little bit loose. But after 50km's I don't know the roads.. But I love my FS hehe

just4tehhalibut

Postby just4tehhalibut » Tue May 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Baalzamon wrote:The 1st downhill shaked my Supernova E3 loose. It's a long downhill which we will love
If you're talking about the long downhill after the first hill out from Bullsbrook on Chittering Rd, yep that gets bumpy. I had a Mirricycle mirror mount snap off from vibrations while descending, those things are solid so a failure would have been surprising except that the trike was being kicked about so much. It is however a good road, scenic and quiet and with a water stop available at Golden Grove 2km from the Chittering Valley Rd turn or the Chittering Sports Hall at that turn (look for a tap opposite the gate). Be aware also that there has been road works on the bottom of that long descent, they seem to have decided that it is okay to have the storm grates sticking an inch or so above the bitumen (so that it'd be level the next time they lay a new surface?) and they'd widened the road higher up the slope but that new darker strip is rough as hell and full of branches, keep out.
This'll be a hilly Audax but if you can cope with that you'll like the course. Enjoy. Maybe I should try my Bacchetta, see you there?

Phil

Postby Phil » Tue May 29, 2012 11:29 pm

just4tehhalibut wrote:
Baalzamon wrote:The 1st downhill shaked my Supernova E3 loose. It's a long downhill which we will love
If you're talking about the long downhill after the first hill out from Bullsbrook on Chittering Rd, yep that gets bumpy. I had a Mirricycle mirror mount snap off from vibrations while descending, those things are solid so a failure would have been surprising except that the trike was being kicked about so much. It is however a good road, scenic and quiet and with a water stop available at Golden Grove 2km from the Chittering Valley Rd turn or the Chittering Sports Hall at that turn (look for a tap opposite the gate). Be aware also that there has been road works on the bottom of that long descent, they seem to have decided that it is okay to have the storm grates sticking an inch or so above the bitumen (so that it'd be level the next time they lay a new surface?) and they'd widened the road higher up the slope but that new darker strip is rough as hell and full of branches, keep out.
This'll be a hilly Audax but if you can cope with that you'll like the course. Enjoy. Maybe I should try my Bacchetta, see you there?
Naah trike it - see how many " those people" we can get along ;-)

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:23 pm

Today was a fun ride. Got inside wheel up again going around a roundabout. Also had some fun with a bunch of roadies on Kwinana Fwy PSP :mrgreen:
Had one blaze past up and then eventually 2 more came past but they were only going a little more faster so drafting time come up 8) They then started to slow down after about 5km so Phil started to go around and put the hammer down, I did likewise. We dropped them in the dust. Phil had to stop later on and was playing with his phone, so I took off my flag to see how much drag that was costing me. Looked about 2-3km/hr. So they caught up again and got around us. OFC we got back around them again. We were heading for Thomas Rd servo to refuel and their strong guy started a sprint up a hill. Got past me and I was about 20m behind Phil. Phil indicated to turn off and the guy had to slow down :mrgreen:

Oh what I'd give for a Mango... It would have been BYE BYE roadies once and for all.

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:41 pm

Baalzamon wrote:Oh what I'd give for a Mango...
About $10-12K ?? :wink:
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:03 pm

Well pics tomorrow of the changes!
Wheel covers are on
Fairing is on
Tomorrow is the test to see speed increase. I also have Trykers on the way

Riggsbie

Ice Adventure FS HD

Postby Riggsbie » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:19 pm

Ooooooo !

Intriguing.....how are mounting the wheel covers ?

I hope you are going to run your usual routes so you have. Before and after comparison and of course we need pictures.....

Good work !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:20 pm

Headwind I was cycling at 28kph! Normally that is 22-23 for me