Morning Workout around Amberley?

Brenchen

Morning Workout around Amberley?

Postby Brenchen » Sun May 27, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi all,

I've been doing some searches for around RAAF base Amberley for morning rides. I will be going there to do some work for a couple of days, so I would like to take my bike along. But I can't seemed to find many interesting rides that centered around Amberley, most of them are Ipswich and/or Brisbane.

If anyone lives near Amberley or working there at all, could someone recommend me a good route (like the River Loop for Brisbane)? Something around or within 40km would be great.

Thanks in advanced.
Brendan

liquor box

Re: Morning Workout around Amberley?

Postby liquor box » Sun May 27, 2012 7:28 pm

a lot of guys ride yamanto to springfield lakes along the centenary highway, it is around 20km each way and is a perfect road and has a wide roadedge to ride on. Antoher option is to look at the ipswich cycle club website, I think they have 2 rides a week from close to amberly/yamanto

Brenchen

Postby Brenchen » Sun May 27, 2012 7:52 pm

That does sound interesting, I was originally going to just do a few loops of Amberley. But to get from the base to Yamanto, it means I need to get on Cunningham highway, but is it permitted to do so? It is national highway, not sure if it allows a bicycle to go on it...
Brendan

elantra

Postby elantra » Tue May 29, 2012 11:36 am

Brenchen wrote:That does sound interesting, I was originally going to just do a few loops of Amberley. But to get from the base to Yamanto, it means I need to get on Cunningham highway, but is it permitted to do so? It is national highway, not sure if it allows a bicycle to go on it...
to get to Yamanto from Amberley you need to drive.
Put your bike in the back of the car - if you have a car.
DO NOT ride on that section of the open highway from the Amberley turnoff to the Yamanto tunoff.
It is tempting to do so because it is only a few KM but it would be incredibly dangerous and unpleasant.
Have a chat to some of the personal at Amberley.
No doubt some would be into cycle sports either road or mountain-bike.
Or as suggested above look at Ipswich cycling club and bike shop websites.

Greystoke

Postby Greystoke » Tue May 29, 2012 12:12 pm

Can go out to Rosewood and back.
out along Rosewood-Amberley Rd, through main street of Rosewood and back toward Wallon, before cutting back to Amberley.