Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

beenoll

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby beenoll » Fri May 25, 2012 8:58 am

Well wiggle was the winner, arriving yesterday morning. I also ordered a part from Moruya Bicycles on Tuesday and it arrived (in Bris) this morning. Just in time for the weekend...
'87 Peugeot Triathlon PGN10t
'88 Repco Superlite
'86 Repco Olympic 12
+1

Sydguy

Postby Sydguy » Fri May 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Torpedo 7 - Photochromic Sunnies, the house brand, for $40. Cheapest at an LBS was $110, some started at $180 :shock:

Delivered very fast, fit like a glove - this place for me has always been great to deal with, and the item always feel like a step up from entry level.

JM

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Fri May 25, 2012 2:47 pm

EvansCycles - ordered Pearl Izumi Elite Barrier, Pearl Izumi P.R.O Leader SS Jersey, Scott LTD windstopper and some deda bartape, extra 10% off too :mrgreen:

25/5 - Ordered and paid with confirmation

First time wit Evans, so we'll see how it goes

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:24 pm

Big_Red wrote:
jacks1071 wrote:
Big_Red wrote:Being 110kg + a light wheel won't cut it for me and as the Pro-Lite Como wheelset is 20H front/24H rear i'd probably break spokes or destroy it in short order. Pro-Lite don't do high spoke count wheels afaik.
The Como is tested in excess of your weight without issue.

At 110kg no road wheel is going to last you forever, you might be surprised though for what is a relatively cost effective wheelset.
I'd far rather buy a wheelset from a builder in Australia than overseas if i could. Seen the vids with the wheelbuilding and quite impressed at the speed
that these are churned out. I'm not expecting a wheel to last forever, even just 10,000 km would be good... The Como is cheap enough that i could buy
it to test it out, although it wouldn't be NDT. :D Just a pity higher spoke count wheels aren't done to assure they'll take the punishment. The more
riding i get to do, the less i need the wheels to be so heavy as i lose the weight.
I think they'd be fine for you, they are a solid rim, big bladed spokes with brass nipples. There is 3 guys I ride with same weight as you and I havn't so much as trued any of their wheels as yet.
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"

the_big_fella

Postby the_big_fella » Sat May 26, 2012 11:45 am

ordered a wheelset from wiggle on wednesday morning and was delivered today on saturday. Unbelievable delivery time through DHL. Couldn't be happier..

t.shields

Postby t.shields » Sat May 26, 2012 8:35 pm

i'm about to order $1500 wheels from wiggle. Will I be charged GST or any additional tax when it gets shipped to Australia? Thanks

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Sun May 27, 2012 9:29 pm

If its over $1000 (including delivery) you have to pay GST on it.

zebedee

Postby zebedee » Mon May 28, 2012 10:40 am

just recieved my fulcrum zeros from shinybikes.co.uk. order placed on 16th may, delivered on 28th may.
best price i could find online.
..........now the long wait unitl i finish work so i can go home and try them out.

beenoll

Postby beenoll » Mon May 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Got my limar helmet from Torpedo7 this morning, within the specified delivery time. Can't argue with that :)
'87 Peugeot Triathlon PGN10t
'88 Repco Superlite
'86 Repco Olympic 12
+1

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Mon May 28, 2012 5:47 pm

Ribble Ordered 19/5, despatched 21/5 arrived today. Didn't think it would get here till the end of the week.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed May 30, 2012 11:03 am

jaseyjase wrote:EvansCycles - ordered Pearl Izumi Elite Barrier, Pearl Izumi P.R.O Leader SS Jersey, Scott LTD windstopper and some deda bartape, extra 10% off too :mrgreen:

30/5 - Dispatched, not impressed it took 5 days to dispatch. Lets hope postage time makes up for it

Peacewise

Postby Peacewise » Wed May 30, 2012 7:15 pm

quite happy with chainreaction cycles.
order in stock gear on a weekend, it was dispatched on the 21st may and arrived today, the 30th. Appropriately packaged and invoiced.
Confident about using them again.
campagnolo magnetic bib shorts, campagnolo leg warmers, cateye TL-LD1100 rear light, fyi.
Keep flexing, spinning, rolling, coasting, pushing, pulling, drafting, sprinting, time trialling, touring, climbing, descending, hot dogging, crit-ing, racing, weaving, dodging, dropping, tanking, chasing... but most of all - just keep f'ing riding!

DavidS

Postby DavidS » Thu May 31, 2012 11:39 pm

Ordered a few things with Cell on Tuesday night (about midnight). Arrived today. That's pretty damned good. I was really hoping I could get this stuff by the weekend so I can get it on the bike, came a day earlier. One happy camper ;)

DS
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:13 pm

jaseyjase wrote:
jaseyjase wrote:EvansCycles - ordered Pearl Izumi Elite Barrier, Pearl Izumi P.R.O Leader SS Jersey, Scott LTD windstopper and some deda bartape, extra 10% off too :mrgreen:

29/5 - Dispatched, not impressed it took 5 days to dispatch. Lets hope postage time makes up for it
1/6 - DHL left a card, pretty sure its my package as im not expecting anything else from the UK. 7 days from payment to my door. Im happy, will shop with evans again.

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:33 am

DavidS wrote:Ordered a few things with Cell on Tuesday night (about midnight). Arrived today. That's pretty damned good. I was really hoping I could get this stuff by the weekend so I can get it on the bike, came a day earlier. One happy camper ;)

DS
+1 I ordered Wednesday night, dispatched the next day, arrived at the office yesterday, very happy with that!
Lisa

zebedee

Postby zebedee » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:48 pm

zebedee wrote:just recieved my fulcrum zeros from shinybikes.co.uk. order placed on 16th may, delivered on 28th may.
..........now the long wait unitl i finish work so i can go home and try them out.
Went to fit these this morning, devestated, they sent my the campy version and I need SRAM compatible.

Will I have to send these back or can the freehub be changed?

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:40 pm

Freehub can be changed no dramas.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:29 pm

zebedee wrote:
zebedee wrote:just recieved my fulcrum zeros from shinybikes.co.uk. order placed on 16th may, delivered on 28th may.
Went to fit these this morning, devestated, they sent my the campy version and I need SRAM compatible.

Will I have to send these back or can the freehub be changed?
contact them, maybe they'll send you a free shimano/sram freehub for the mixup

zoom bean

Postby zoom bean » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:44 pm

A couple of good experiences online of late:

Two return/warranty issues:

First, Ribble cycles - broken crank (9 months old), replaced quickly and return postage refunded.

Second, Cell Bikes - malfunctioning light (less than a week used), replaced very quickly and return postage refunded.

Extremely happy with the postage refunding from both as I wasn't expecting that to happen and was prepared to wear that cost. Haven't returned too many things purchased online so was quite happy to have good service from both these people.

Also had a great experience with Overboard. Purchased a waterproof backpack from then which was out of stock but not listed as out of stock on their website, so they upgraded the order free and received the product the day after ordering it. If any one needs a great waterproof, bright & reflective backpack I can highly recommend this one: http://www.over-board.com.au/pro-sports ... ellow.html

moreegolfer

Postby moreegolfer » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:59 pm

Still awaiting a package from Sigma Sports but the holdup is with TNT freight not them. They have conversed with me and I have been level headed in my replies but clearly eager to get my package. It contains Giro Supernatural Inners that I couldn't find here in Australia.

Rapha Racing however sent my order via DHL, despatch email June 1 and the parcel turned up today. Pretty happy with that service :D . I placed the order last Monday so under 7 days for them.

mogwaiboi

Postby mogwaiboi » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:15 pm

Just a heads up on the great service I received from Bicycle Express in Adelaide http://www.bicycleexpress.com.au/. I ordered something online on Sunday and received it first thing Tuesday morning. The item was in stock and cheaper than the shops in my area, and they sent it express post free of charge :D :D :D
Avoiding pissed of bogans in SUV's...

rpmspinman

Postby rpmspinman » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:19 pm

mogwaiboi wrote:Just a heads up on the great service I received from Bicycle Express in Adelaide http://www.bicycleexpress.com.au/. I ordered something online on Sunday and received it first thing Tuesday morning. The item was in stock and cheaper than the shops in my area, and they sent it express post free of charge :D :D :D
Agree also. Have been very fast on delivery in the past for me.
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2011 Kona Dew Plus (commuter)
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 (road)
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD

durilium

Postby durilium » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:31 pm

Ordered some vittoria ultralite tubes and a short sleeve jersey from Cycling Express, tubes were fine but they sent a long sleeve jersey, FFFFFFFfffffffffff! :twisted:

zebedee

Postby zebedee » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:31 am

ordered two jerseys from http://www.marreybikes.com/ on 30 may, recieved on 5 june.

6 days, happy with that.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:27 pm

Purchased some stands from c r c and have noted their minimum for free postage is now $80. Awesome.