Stolen, GT Legato 3.0, 2007, Brunswick St, Fitzroy, Vic

Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.
miss min

Stolen, GT Legato 3.0, 2007, Brunswick St, Fitzroy, Vic

Postby miss min » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:45 pm

Looks like this:

Stolen outside the Perseverance Hotel on Sunday 6 April at around 2.30pm. Has Shimano pedals fitted that take cleats on one side and normal shoes on the other, as well as a topeak rack and basket on the rear. Oh and it's engraved with my Drivers licence under the horizonal bar bit (Top tube?).

thanks
Last edited by miss min on Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:37 pm

If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

stryker84

Postby stryker84 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:52 am

horizontal bar bit? If you mean where the cranks attach, then yeah, bottom bracket, which is where police engraving usually is, iirc.

unless you mean the top tube, which is the horizontal tube in the front triangle.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:32 am

:evil: Scumbags :(
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

stryker84

Postby stryker84 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:18 am

Just curious, how was it locked and how did they break it?

The Carlton/Brunswick (inner north in general) area is notorious... my first bike got nicked as well, from Parkville...

At least it's engraved, more chance of getting it back. And even if not, look on the bright side, you have a valid reason for a new bike!

Shard

Postby Shard » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:46 am

Yeah I'm curious too, 2:30pm was bright and sunny and brunswick st. would have been well populated. If they're stealing locked bikes in broad daylight i'll have to be a bit careful as I do a bit of riding around there. (work in carlton).

miss min

Postby miss min » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:54 am

I had the best quality kryptonite cable lock on it. They must've cut it real quick as I was in each shop for no more than 5 minutes, and yes, there were lots of people about. Unfortunately no one saw anything. When I was in the cop-shop someone else was reporting their bike stolen from the night before, but I am not sure where it was stolen from. I bought my bike in October, and am not that happy that the bike store said these locks were good. Would've been better off with a D-lock and another cable.

Shard

Postby Shard » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:19 pm

hmm I'm still going strong with my kyrptonite dlock (grey one normal size).

I'm *this* tempted to upgrade to one of those orange heavy duty ones but seeing as I don't leave the bike anywhere at night except the odd supermarket run I think the grey dlock should suffice.

I'd never leave it locked with a chain/cable lock, especially in busy areas though. I know how you feel about it going, if mine went i'd be stuffed for transport (have a car but it's nowhere near as convenient).

miss min

Postby miss min » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:29 pm

Yeah, live and %#%*( learn. I am definitely getting a D-lock for my new bike, and am contemplating buying a better bike for commuting and longer rides, and a cheaper one for getting around town (and leaving it locked in high-risk land). At the moment though, have no friggin' transport, so am walking and PTing it. The &^*&$ even stole my helmet so I haven't even been able to make use of the rusty bike out the back.

Shard

Postby Shard » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:34 pm

Ah well. On the bright side if you live in that area it's easy enough to get around. I live inner se and even though it's only 10k's from the city i'd just have to grit my teeth and bare PT. Petrol and traffic is a joke.

Good luck on the new purchase, my bike is primarily a commuter but it's a roadie. If you've got the dosh perhaps go a 2nd hand + new bike. Personally while I see the logic it's something I couldn't do as I'd feel like I was ripping myself off riding a bush basher to work heh.

miss min

Postby miss min » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:10 pm

Well the irony is I think I am going to replace my bike with one that's even more expensive! True to form though! However, I will get a D-lock and make sure it's insured. I am thinking of buying a cheaper bike (still new) for riding around town, that will be less attractive to thieves. However, I will ride the cyclocross to work cos I can lock it in a building!
Shard wrote:Ah well. On the bright side if you live in that area it's easy enough to get around. I live inner se and even though it's only 10k's from the city i'd just have to grit my teeth and bare PT. Petrol and traffic is a joke.

Good luck on the new purchase, my bike is primarily a commuter but it's a roadie. If you've got the dosh perhaps go a 2nd hand + new bike. Personally while I see the logic it's something I couldn't do as I'd feel like I was ripping myself off riding a bush basher to work heh.

Daniel_08

Postby Daniel_08 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:31 pm

:twisted: bastards :twisted: - good luck with your search mate

@@@BIKER@@@

Re: Stolen, GT Legato 3.0, 2007, Brunswick St, Fitzroy, Vic

Postby @@@BIKER@@@ » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:10 pm

I saw this on ebay, hope its not stolen

<http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI ... true&rt=nc>