Richmond Bakery Wednesday Ride

RobRollin

Re: Richmond Bakery Wednesday Ride

Postby RobRollin » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:06 pm

How about I reinitiate you in the final 250ms :)

master6

Postby master6 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:37 am

RobRollin wrote:How about I reinitiate you in the final 250ms :)
You will need to speak with BDD regarding arrangements. :D

markpa

Postby markpa » Tue May 01, 2012 4:23 pm

Anyone heading over tomorrow (2nd May) via car going via Lindisfarne, with a rack to spare?

Might just be a bit pressed for time getting family out the door to ride over on time. Don't want to be there at 9:01 or after.

A PM would be greatly appreciated.

master6

Postby master6 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:20 am

umm..............good for water tank..............................wet.........................

bazsand

Postby bazsand » Wed May 02, 2012 8:16 am

master6 wrote:umm..............good for water tank..............................wet.........................

too wet for me.........
Felt AR2

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Wed May 02, 2012 12:52 pm

Here is a wrap up

5 starters
None got wet
Only spray from the tires they were following.

The end.

And I wasnt there! Or was I....... :evil:

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Wed May 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Thanks to RobRollin for the briefest of resumes of another successful RBWR enjoyed by all those who turned up. No elite group today. No PMM man to talk incessant tactics. No Brian to defend his hard earned sprint crown.

With Mark only just making the start line after failing to pick up a ride over, the course was set as an easy tailwind spin out to Colebrook and a down hill ride back. Hmm. Weatherzone picked the conditions to a tee once again and the Southerlies were there - no need for sun cream today with a good cloud cover - and humidity was around 90% with a very occassional sprinkle to remind us how cold it was. What a great day for a ride.

No surges up the hill, no sprint points counted, all turned at the same time, no mad dash for the line at the finish, a reasonable average speed - where was PMM man? In the absence of a sprint it was agreed by all present that Master6 would have beaten Robrollin anyway given their respective sprinting forms.

Chatter around the coffee table after the ride was generally limited to teeth but some topics were discussed. PMM man interupted by phone only to get called the obvious names for once again not turning up. Some poor excuse for last week was around him going to watch collingwood play at the "G" but that didn't seem right for an Essendon supporter!

'Til next week we will all train hard to be ready for the training ride that isn't a race.

master6

Postby master6 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:32 pm

Five fine gentlemen. Welcome to Markpa of Tasvend fame; top effort in sprinting in to make the start at 9.00hrs oo mins oo secs oo nanosecs. What precision.
I look forward to meeting Gregpa (father of Markpa) at one of my other points of interest; The Sorell Mens Shed. My enquiries indicate that he is a retired sign writer of some note.
Do I wander from the cycling topic? Yes. So let's continue. I am regularly amased at the talent floating around in the hands and minds of retirees.

Thanks to Dale, Ray, Sam, and Mark for the enjoyment of todays ride.

Do it again next week. :D :D

PS
After laboriously one fingering the above message, I noted that our sprinter leader has out performed me on the keyboard. If you find some repetition here.......................stiff :)

markpa

Postby markpa » Wed May 02, 2012 4:13 pm

Thank you gentlemen. This morning I did indeed time the ride over Grasstree to a nicety, not even needing to unclip at carpark as the RBWR headed off.
As noted the ride proceeded with no surges or sprints, but high degree of pleasant cycling in the famous RBWR "sunny" weather.
Many thanks to Ray for the van ride back, allowing time to enjoy the apres-velo coffee and get back home by appointed time.

Master6, that is indeed the correct Greg. His variety of skills puts me to shame.

Next week, regardless of the degree of "sunny" weather I will be sadly looking out the office window at the appointed time.
(and Al might be happier with "of Tasvend gilet", I think fame is some way off.

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Mon May 07, 2012 3:39 pm

And its looking like another Richmond weather perfect day for the next edition of RBWR with a nice warm overcast day with a nice tail breeze to line us up for the sprint home. I see RobRollin is trying to sell his front derailleur as it clearly isn't good enough to get him up to Master6's speed in the home straight. Lets hope his replacement one makes him a bit faster this week. :shock: :) :D :mrgreen:

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Wed May 09, 2012 2:51 pm

Another Richmond beautiful day with mild temperatures and an occassional puff of a breeze. All three groups totalling 17 riders headed off up Colebrook Road with the elite group of three discarding the bunch and going their own way as soon as they got to Fingerpost. The balance regrouped and turned left at Tea Tree Road with "two-stent" Rex going straight ahead.

After that it was normal bunch rules with eveyone generally well behaved. The pack split on the way home but with PMM man in the front bunch there was never going to be a regrouping. The sprint mantle moves across from Brian to Sam following an easy win.

Much discussion at the important part of the ride - coffee - and farewells to Master6 as he takes his annual sojourn to the warmer and less smoky part of the country. No doubt RobRollin will be training hard to see if he can finish in front of him on his return.

And next week - assuming the snow is melted by then - another Richmond perfect day expected.

master6

Postby master6 » Wed May 09, 2012 3:00 pm

S ev e n t e e n beaming faces headed out of Richmond at 9.00.00.00ns am. If there is a more perfect combination of route, scenery, weather, and company for a couple of hours of cycling, feel free to let me know. The coffee post ride was Richmond Bakery at its best, and the conversation............................I apologise for raising a "mens health issue" on a repetitive basis, was as usual, interesting ,varied, and largely not to be believed.

Hands on heads now, or touch other wood, punctures, and the lack thereof, came up briefly. Yes , I have participated in about 75% of RBWR 's over the last 5 years, and I recall once puncturing myself, and Denis Nation once. On many occasions I have prayed that someone else would puncture, such has been the need for rest :D

Rex reached a certain milestone with a "7" in it this week, and Ray does the same next week. They amase me. Best wishes gentlemen.

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Mon May 14, 2012 3:17 pm

Another Richmond-beautiful day on the way for Wednesday with Autumn temperatures of 10 degrees warming up to 14 by coffee time. Light breezes flowing down the valley will cool the brow. Ah the serenity.

master6

Postby master6 » Mon May 14, 2012 4:00 pm

can you believe it?; some people do not believe that Heaven is in southern Tasmania. :D "Just down the road from Campania".

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Mon May 14, 2012 5:22 pm

It would be good to join you guys on a beautiful Wednesday morning. Alas I am unable to. I will return. Just not this Wednesday. :evil:

master6

Postby master6 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:03 pm

My daughter has purchased a racy machine in England. I reckon it would be just the ticket at RBWR.

http://www.brompton.co.uk/

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Wed May 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Ah the serenity - the quiet sound of 17 riders new and old heading off at at 9:00:00.000 am from Richmond Bakery car park with - suprisingly - Rod H in the bunch instead of driving in as we all ride out. Just to keep up his legacy the last rider turned up as we all tootled off with the usual answer offered to the question of "will we wait". Its tough being a brother sometimes so Cyclone Sam went back to keep him company before catching up a few clicks later.

Much comment was made about the absense of Master6 from the gathering and much shaking of heads when the announcement was made that he had left the state to return whent he weather warms and the fires are no longer needed :D !

The elite group of six headed straight out to Colebrook and into a mild breeze before combining with the rest of the bunch on the way back. A trip down Middle Tea Tree Rd had kept the bunches apart to that point and although the theory was that the bunches joined up, practice didn't follow and there were quickly about seven bunches as the pace increased.

The usual banter took place over coffee on who won the sprint, where the finish line was, which line it was supposed to be and who was the winner and who was disqualified to make someone else much more deserving the winner. And - who cares? :roll:

Early mail is that the weather in Richmond next week will be as beautiful as always. Stay rubber side down everyone.

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Thu May 17, 2012 9:19 pm

Bromptons are a nice bike! Ive seen a couple around Hobart

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Tue May 22, 2012 8:32 am

Another Richmond beautiful day on the way with the showers to clear well before the 9:00:00.000 start time with the slight possibility of a drizzle to watch as we sip on the lattes. What better place to be?

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Wed May 23, 2012 1:25 pm

As predicted the weather was, once again, spot on for riding with light wafting breezes and a low cloud cover. We turned out 16 riders today with Sean joining us for his first ride. The elite group headed out early to get a bit of a march on the bunch but with only two of them they were reeled in well before the turn. The course today was the old favourite Tea Tree Circuit which is always a tester for the legs with lots of opportunities to do interval training over the rolling terrain. The steady pace saw the pack size greadually whittle away as some took the opportunity to turn early or just keep going back to the bakery. The main bunch continued with a steady pace until Brian went silly on the front on Tea Tree Road and fired everyone up - and subsequently dropped off the back! There was the obligatory sprint up the watertower hill and all bets seemed to be off with a lack of intent shown to regroup over the top. And so it was - the pace picked up - the turns got shorter - the bunch got smaller - and I had no choice left but to do a turn. And there I was with half a wheel in front went the finish line suddenly appeared - oh well - maybe a longer turn next week.

As predicted the drizzle started as we sat down for coffee and with the associated drop in temperature by about 3 degrees the coffees were drunk pretty quickly and all disbursed. There was not one discussion on mens plumbing issues - there must be someone not there?? Leave passes for next week were requested and granted. I'll put in the order for yet another Richmond perfect day. Don't forget the cardinal rule of the RBWR - we leave at 9:00:00.000.

Ah the serenity!

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Wed May 30, 2012 5:21 pm

Another Wednesday. Another beautiful day in Richmond. Another RBWR run and done. Seventeen lads assembled ready and keen with yet another debutante in CF along for the fun. Murmurings were had about the previously known feats of CF and expectations were raised of him doing the lion's share of the work.

The elite boys took off early to get a start on the pack. Specific instructions were given to do this quietly to stop the ensuing rush to catch them. Didn't need to worry really as a five minute natural break put paid to their lead!!!

An old favourite course straight out to Colebrook into a slight head breeze saw the pack nicely working together and ensuring CF did more than his share on the front. At various stages the riders were four abreast as some passed others to take a turn - but hopefully no one saw that. :(

A quiet pace up the hill soon turned into a scramble with Cyclone Sam and CF battling out for the points. A regrouping and most made it to the turn with the others being picked up on the way home.

More whispers amongst the pack as the notion of a time trial effort from olemanec put jitters in the bunch. It didn't happen so the surges started with PMM man causing lots of mirth as he jumped off the front.

The pack whittled down to CF (the rumours were true), Cyclone Sam and Ray when they sat up for a while and a few others managed to get back on the train. The sprint saw Cyclone Sam not make the mistake of last week and his smile was infectious.

Becasue its nor a race we don't do silly things liek keeping times etc but it was suggested that the course was completed in a few minutes under the two hour mark - no wonder it was hard work on the way back. :oops:

Next week - something different - we leave at 9:00:00.000 8)

master6

Postby master6 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:41 pm

There it is...............proof!
I was not present.
I had nothing to do with, or prior knowledge of, the above report.

Please ensure that PK is aquainted with the details.

I rest my case.

ps
only 5 minutes? Are you certain that they were that quick?? :D :D :D

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:47 am

Part of the joy of RBWR is looking at the weather forecasts and seeing lots of nasty stuff in old Hobart town and lots of not-so in Richmond. Tomorrow - not much difference. Temperature ranges from an early 8 degrees and WNW breezes soaring up to 10 degrees with a nice stiff south westerly to keep us honest. Course selection might have to be inventive - or we could just chase head winds everywhere to get that extra bit of training value......... Probably not. The riding should be fine - bring plenty of clothes to rug up with for coffee time chat.

We leave at 9:00:00.000

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Well - all those gloomy words around the strong and cold winds were dashed by another Richmond beautiful day. Another first for the RBWR with 13 riders turning up with only 12 bikes and everyone completed the course. :shock:

With minimal breezes and periods of warm sunshine involved the Tea Tree circuit was the choice of champions today. Everyone rolled out together but the appearance of the tandem at the front soon saw the elite group flying off the back. An outbreak of politeness saw a regrouping at the water tower but the elite was having nothing of it and sent everyone ahead. Being half of the elite group I have no idea what happened in the front bunch after that. Something must have been going on as our numbers swelled from two to three and then four.

Perhaps we were going too slow and our strategy worked nicely. We managed to shake the pretenders and headed back for the important part of the day - getting an early coffee order in, picking the best of the blueberry muffins, and claiming a position of prominence at the table.

Apparently the tandem took line honours and only Cyclone Sam could hold the pace and everyone else got home at some stage. Coffee was good. Chat was excellent. Leave passes for next week were requested and provided. Next week we will need a stand-in leader. I hope they get everyone away on time. :wink:

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:33 pm

It seems that, as usual, there was no shortage of excitement at Richmond today; in fact, the mere arrival of the report in Brisbane, via cyberspace (where is the internet, with God?) caused excitement here. My lesser highlight of the day was hearing my Dentist say "your teeth are excellent, no work required". I suggest that the agenda for next Wednesdays coffee discussion might delete "Urinary Tract" matters, and focus on the merits of dental floss.
Remember, If you dont floss, you dont clean your teeth. :D

best wishes to all from Brisbane "almost as sunny as Richmond :) :) "

PS
I am the happy holder of a few PMM caps. Do PMM do Dental Floss promotional material? Just an idea Nigel.