Fixie / Single speed – full colour book

Thumper748

Fixie / Single speed – full colour book

Postby Thumper748 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:15 am

Hi everyone,
I am currently in the long process of organising the publication of a book dedicated to custom built / restored / modified – new and retro – fixed gear and single speed bicycles.
I've discovered a number of builds on this forum that would be totally suitable for the book I'm wanting to publish and would love to feature your rides.
If you would like your bicycle featured this is the criteria you must follow:
1. A one to two paragraph summary of how and why your bike was built and why it's so special.
2. A listing of parts and bling, from custom paint to wheel sets and handle bar tape etc..!
3. Up to five high resolution (300dpi – at a physical size of approx. 8 x 12in) photographs of the finished bike. Photos need to be shot well, they cannot include people, but a creative backdrop is ideal. From textured walls, indoor or outdoor to well known or appealing scenery.
4. You can include / credit your name, or business name if you are a bicycle store operator or even just a private bicycle enthusiast. You can credit website links that may hold more information on your featured bicycle.

Below photograph styles would be approved:

Below photograph styles would be NOT be approved:

This is a huge project, I'm doing it for the love of book design and creative bicycle builds so it will take a long time but I plan to have at least 50 featured bicycles so hopefully at least 100 colour pages. The book will be more photograph based and an ideal coffee table book.

If there is enough interest, please let me know.
I will have email accounts set up soon for you to direct any inquiries you may have.

Thumper748

Re: Fixie / Single speed – full colour book

Postby Thumper748 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:55 am

Further update:
Please forward all you inquiries to: FixedGearPublication@gmail.com
Design and page layouts are now underway. We estimate a 12 month production time, so don't expect to see the final product until at least mid 2011.
If you are featuring a bike, it would be great if each bike has a 'nickname'. Something to personalise your build.

Also, if you know anyone who has produced artwork, relating to fixed gear / ss – I would be happy to publish this as well if I can have get hold of enough material.

isaac.martin

Postby isaac.martin » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:27 am

You ever finish this thumper?

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:23 am

Damn i'm sorry i missed this thread when it was first put up, if you're still looking for pics i should have my latest fixie finished in another week or two.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia