Well waddaya know? New Queensland Boys Club Inc.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Well waddaya know? New Queensland Boys Club Inc.

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:58 pm

Not surprised he's single. His whole campaign is proof positive that Mrs Palmer is not a good lover...

Dave, Sir... Have you noticed that googling "Cycling Safety Australia" has your site as first hit? No wonder you're getting flames :roll: You gotta put up a banner on the front page-a real in yer facer-that unequivocally states what SCA thinks of this big shoe wearing onanist.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

KenGS

Postby KenGS » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:12 pm

Looks like he's taking on the motorcycle community as well. Could get interesting if the more colourful elements get in on the act. :twisted:
--Ken
Helmets! Bells! Rego!

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Mulger bill wrote:Not surprised he's single. His whole campaign is proof positive that Mrs Palmer is not a good lover...

Dave, Sir... Have you noticed that googling "Cycling Safety Australia" has your site as first hit? No wonder you're getting flames :roll: You gotta put up a banner on the front page-a real in yer facer-that unequivocally states what SCA thinks of this big shoe wearing onanist.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:19 pm

Mulger bill wrote:Not surprised he's single. His whole campaign is proof positive that Mrs Palmer is not a good lover...

Oh yeah, thats what I jumped on the computer 2 hours ago for before getting carried away creating demotivational posters :?

A_P

Postby A_P » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Coincidentally rainbow couriers, to which he shows some affiliation by the link at the bottom of his face book page, has a postal address of marine parade biggera waters.
Just so happens that this is one of the roads on the GC that he feels cyclists should be banned from cycling on.
The 2nd Womble wrote:an example is to close marine parade to bicycle riders and direct them onto the shared paths running from biggera waters to the Spit.
A simular closure would occur for Garfield and Hedges at Broadbeach / Mermaid .
as i go past "Robyn Lodge" on my daily commute to work i might just have to sing extra loud :twisted:

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:26 pm

The 2nd Womble wrote:

Oh yeah, thats what I jumped on the computer 2 hours ago for before getting carried away creating demotivational posters :?
You gotta do it mate, bugger this place for an hour and get on it. Don't s'pose there'd be legal options?
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Now sorted MB. Thanks for the reminder! As for legal options? If I get any more threatening phone calls, options will be looked into.
I have also tweeted the reporter involved. With bugger all followers there is no way in Hell she could have missed a direct message and tweet, but as yet she's kept her mouth shut. A handy talent for a journo but her timing was off.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:47 pm

The 2nd Womble wrote:Now sorted MB. Thanks for the reminder! As for legal options? If I get any more threatening phone calls, options will be looked into.
I have also tweeted the reporter involved. With bugger all followers there is no way in Hell she could have missed a direct message and tweet, but as yet she's kept her mouth shut. A handy talent for a journo but her timing was off.
Goodonyer Dave, it jumps out nicely. One question tho'.

What is a "bycycle"? :P
London Boy 29/12/2011

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:53 pm

It's a registered bike.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:11 pm

:lol: :lol: Nice comeback :)
London Boy 29/12/2011

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:03 am

Mulger bill wrote:
The 2nd Womble wrote:Now sorted MB. Thanks for the reminder! As for legal options? If I get any more threatening phone calls, options will be looked into.
Goodonyer Dave, it jumps out nicely. One question tho'.

What is a "bycycle"? :P
The 2nd Womble wrote:It's a registered bike.
No a registered bike would have to be a regcycle, a bycycle is a bike that has gone past you, as opposed to a stolen bike which then becomes a byecycle or a byebyecycle.

Anyway in reality there will be no registered bicycles only registered helmets, as that is where the registration plate is to be affixed.

This will also allow a higher fine for not wearing a helmet as this will then constitute unregistered riding. This will also make it damn dangerous to lend your helmet to another rider as this could mean you will cop any fines and demerit points for their law breaking, and it will be difficult to prove you were not wearing it at the time.

It will also make it much more difficult to dodge demerit points by giving some old age pensioner a few dollars for signing a stat dec saying they were wearing the helmet at the time of the offence, particularly if it involves a speeding fine for doing 60 km per hour in a 40 zone.

kb

Well waddaya know? New Queensland Boys Club Inc.

Postby kb » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:41 am

I want to know where we can get "breeches of these laws". Sounds natty.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:04 am

LMAO greyhoundtom, nice to see someone treating the idea with the respect it deserves.
kb wrote:I want to know where we can get "breeches of these laws". Sounds natty.
Just the thing to wear on the next tweed ride

Or maybe your tastes go more medieval

Personally I prefer this look
But I am not sure if it will work for me :D

nitramluap

Postby nitramluap » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:33 am

I like the way the photo on his site is clearly taken by the driver of a motor vehicle (probably him) of a cyclist doing nothing other than committing the heinous crime of riding without a helmet. Who is more dangerous...? This guy's a nutter.
My bike is heavier than your bike. :D

KenGS

Postby KenGS » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:05 am

kb wrote:I want to know where we can get "breeches of these laws". Sounds natty.
And we need to stop these people who go around flaunting the law. I flaunted the law today by stopping at red lights and proclaimed it to everyone ostentatiously.
flaunt (flônt). v. flaunt·ed, flaunt·ing, flaunts. v.tr. 1. To exhibit ostentatiously or shamelessly: flaunts his knowledge.
--Ken
Helmets! Bells! Rego!

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:06 am

Email sent
Dear Sir

This photo from your website's page on bicycle riders and proposed changes to Qld road
rules shows a cyclist riding in a bike lane. I think perhaps you are suggesting the
cyclist has no helmet, but it is very difficult to tell as the photo is so tiny.

https://sites.google.com/site/independe ... edirects=0

Regardless of the behaviour of the cyclist, this photo stands as evidence of the
photographer's own unsafe and illegal driving, by using a mobile phone to take photos
whilst driving. Not a good look.

There is much more I could say about your proposed road safety improvements, but I
don't have the time. Suffice to say that for the 1500 or so Australians that are killed
on the roads every year, the most dangerous vehicle is the motor car.

I am thankful your organisation is in Qld. Stay there.
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:13 am

nitramluap wrote:This guy's a nutter.
The sad thing is, he's probably not. He's just displaying publicly some of the more base responses that many people have to an 'out group' when that out group bothers them, is seen as inconveniencing them, or is perceived as getting undeserved treatment.

Mabo was screened last night. Some of the responses towards aborigines in Qld (and other parts of Australia) in the 60s-80s were not too different to Mr Nightingale's attitudes to cyclists.
Mandatory helmet law?

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:29 am

Some more relevant opinion on registration in today's Age. :mrgreen:
HECKLER

THEY'RE a menace on the road. I think you know who I'm talking about.

Anyone would think they own the road the way they carry on!

All they do is hold up traffic. Have you ever been stuck behind one of them?

They simply ignore the road rules. ''Oh no, they don't apply to us. Red lights, what are they?'' There's a crossing made just for them over there, but nah, they don't care, and anyway it's up to drivers to stay out of their way.

What would happen if you hit one of them? It'd be your fault, even though it's them flouting the law. And you'd have to pay to fix the damage to your car, because they're not insured, you know......
Mandatory helmet law?

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:30 pm

Got me! :lol:

I was about to go looking for the comments section so I cold rip this bloke a new one, and then I got to the punch line :lol:

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:51 pm

trailgumby wrote:Got me! :lol:

I was about to go looking for the comments section so I cold rip this bloke a new one, and then I got to the punch line :lol:
Not alone Gumby, the blood started to boil and then I read the number 314 and knew who it would be :mrgreen:

Should forget this plate BS anyway, too easy to fake or borrow.
I suggest Mr Birdbrain recommend this path...
Of course, shaved heads and a ban on wearing helmets would be needed to make it enforceable.
London Boy 29/12/2011

nitramluap

Postby nitramluap » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:10 pm

il padrone wrote:Email sent
Dear Sir

This photo from your website's page on bicycle riders and proposed changes to Qld road
rules shows a cyclist riding in a bike lane. I think perhaps you are suggesting the
cyclist has no helmet, but it is very difficult to tell as the photo is so tiny.

https://sites.google.com/site/independe ... edirects=0

Regardless of the behaviour of the cyclist, this photo stands as evidence of the
photographer's own unsafe and illegal driving, by using a mobile phone to take photos
whilst driving. Not a good look.

There is much more I could say about your proposed road safety improvements, but I
don't have the time. Suffice to say that for the 1500 or so Australians that are killed
on the roads every year, the most dangerous vehicle is the motor car.

I am thankful your organisation is in Qld. Stay there.
Nice work! :)
My bike is heavier than your bike. :D

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Mulger bill wrote:I suggest Mr Birdbrain recommend this path...

Of course, shaved heads and a ban on wearing helmets would be needed to make it enforceable.
It seems that someone doesn't like you hotlinking to their photo of a toy Agent 47. Oh sorry they prefer the term action figure.

Besides barcodes are so last year, everyone knows that the guvnmnt is moving to install RFID chips instead. Oh I wish I was joking

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:10 pm

find_bruce wrote:Besides barcodes are so last year, everyone knows that the guvnmnt is moving to install RFID chips instead. Oh I wish I was joking
Nah, that's all irrelevant seeing as how the world is going to end anyway on the 23rd Dec 2012. So the Guvmint won't get ya!! It's all good, eh?

:? :roll:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOWWIDT9 ... detailpage[/youtube]
Mandatory helmet law?

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:00 pm

find_bruce wrote:It seems that someone doesn't like you hotlinking to their photo of a toy Agent 47. Oh sorry they prefer the term action figure.
Fixed that, thanks.
find_bruce wrote:Besides barcodes are so last year, everyone knows that the guvnmnt is moving to install RFID chips instead. Oh I wish I was joking
If it's good enough for Fido and Tiddles, it's good enough for us. After all, it's for our own good :roll:
London Boy 29/12/2011

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:30 pm

The 24/7 Cycling Safety Fund has thankfully denied any involvement or support of Mr Nightingale and his plans to see cyclists registered in Queensland.
One possible suggestion I have for the chap is to place drop boxes full of numbers at a distance of 100m from either side of his property. Cyclist swould be required to take from and sign for a number when at the 1st box, and then drop the number back at the 2nd box and signing out again. Whilst riding in between boxes they could be required - in accordance with new GC City Council regs - to continuously shout out "23, 23, 23!" for example, while holding the number above their heads.
Similar to Woolworths Deli but with a guest book and alot louder.