Post your Fixie piccies

HLC

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby HLC » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:31 pm

Here you go champ ^^

I don't have a story about this other than, I got hit buy a car which destroyed my Lo-Pro and Separated my Right Shoulder. After dicking around with old mate's insurance, I finally got compensated for the damages to my bike. I ran through a whole heap of build hypotheticals in my head and on calculator ($$$) and settled on building something that i've always wanted. It's my Dream bike I guess. :cool:

Had a couple of mates come around this morning and shared a few redcans while I built it (including lacing wheels), then took it for a casual 48km Loop up to Swan Valley for some Brews. First day back in the saddle after 5 weeks too due to the aforementioned injury!

Frame / Fork: 2005 Bridgestone NJS 54cm ST, 53.5cm TT
Headset: Dura Ace 7710 NJS
Stem / Bars: Nitto NJPro AA w/ Nitto RB201AA Riz0rz with Oury's (tarck) OR Nitto Pearl AA w/ Nitto B125AA with Champs (track)
Seatpost / Saddle: Nitto Crystal Fellow (NJS Post's are too short for my long legs) / Kashima MFG Turbo-81 NJS soon to be recovered
Hubs / Spokes / Rims: Dura Ace 7600 NJS / Hoshi NJS Laced 4-Cross / H+Son TB-14's wrapped in Gators - soon to be Panasela gumwalls.
Sprocket / Lockring: Dura Ace NJS 16T / Dura Ace NJS Lockring
BB / Cranks / Chainring: Dura Ace 7610 NJS Sealed BB / Dura Ace 7600 NJS / Dura Ace 7600 NJS 49T
Chain: Daido NJS
Pedals: MKS Royal Nuevo NJS / MKS NJS Alu Clips / MKS NJS Fit Alpha Double Straps
Misc: Kashimax TT Protector

(Note, saddle has been moved back, and straightened since pics were taken! I'll get some pics with drops tomoz too! Been having too much fun. feelsgoodman.jpg)

wulfy117

Postby wulfy117 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:06 am

Lovin the kickstand....or should I say stickstand.... 11/10!

PeteV

Postby PeteV » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:16 am

Beautiful bike HLC, that is one impressive part's list!

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:18 am

My new commute/training bike, finished last Saturday in time for the Brisbane 2 Ipswich ride.

Need to fit a black stem & seatpost for the full stealth look, the heavy wheels are ok for
training (4.1kgs) but think I've got to buy another lighter set for commuting.

Sorry about the state but it rained in Brissie both Friday & when I went for a ride yesterday,
I'll clean it tonight as I'm riding today & it'll just get dirty again.

HLC

Postby HLC » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:13 am

PeteV wrote:Beautiful bike HLC, that is one impressive part's list!
Cheers! Yeah ha ha cost more than the car I just sold and that was with my special prices ha ha!!! Doh!

Chucked some nitto drops on this morning for the coffee run! So good! Can't wait to take this thing to the track!

HLC

Postby HLC » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:16 pm

Few more pics with Drops (Bar angle is spot on - i used a spirit level - just looks off in the pics it seems)

Probs should be posting this in the 'track' section, as this really is a track bike lol.

elStado

Postby elStado » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:33 pm

Love the paintjob on that frame! :shock:
Check out my practical cycling and cycle touring website: VELOPHILE AUSTRALIA

HLC

Postby HLC » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:04 am

elStado wrote:Love the paintjob on that frame! :shock:
Factory finish! Even the Bridgestone logos are PAINTED on!!!! :D all I did was give it a good cutback with Meguiars #2 then #9 and then 4 coats of cab wax :twisted:

rustychisel

Postby rustychisel » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:24 pm

Sweet ride... Candy Apple Red FTW

roadfreak

Postby roadfreak » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:58 pm

HLC wrote:Few more pics with Drops (Bar angle is spot on - i used a spirit level - just looks off in the pics it seems)

Probs should be posting this in the 'track' section, as this really is a track bike lol.

Were you and a few other guys on fixies taking photos yesterday in Northbridge?

HLC

Postby HLC » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:18 pm

Yeah ha ha, Myself on my Bridgestone, mate with his Cinelli Mash, and another on his Kabuki (Bridgestone) Mixte with HED 3 Pub Bike/Beater ha ha!!

Getting some pics for a couple of blogs!

Moe

Postby Moe » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:27 pm

That is a NICE bike. Good work!

PeteV

Postby PeteV » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:10 am

Drops look the bomb HLC, such a great bike, congrats.

PANZR

Postby PANZR » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi everyone
Here are my two, 'not in anyway special' fixies
The black one is my beater/commuter. I'm running both hand brakes because the front braking surface is a bit iffy at the moment and I try to use it as little as possible
The blue 'Gulf' bike is an old cyclocross bike which is why it has cantilever brakes and lots of fork/frame tire clearance
I'm currently on the look out for an old track bike to build into a new and better 'Gulf' bike

singlespeedscott

Post your Fixie piccies

Postby singlespeedscott » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:49 pm

HLC wrote: Seatpost / Saddle: Nitto Crystal Fellow (NJS Post's are too short for my long legs)

Very nice bike mate. However, based on the piccies and your comment on the seat post length I reckon that frame is about 5-6cm to small for you.

Have a look at keirin racers and you will see that the frames are built for a traditional fit that only requires a seat post which leaves about 10-14cm of exposed length.

Regardless of my comments though that is a great build using quality parts.

HLC

Postby HLC » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:43 pm

Thanks bud, I've had the bike fit discussion with about a million people since i built the bike lol

Unfortunately, my physical build is a lot different to traditional Keirin riders. I'm 178cm with an 88cm inseam. I'm half legs, and as a result have quite a short torso, and long arms. Which means I need a bike with a shorter TT, 54cm is ideal, but I need a seat tube of 57 or 58, and on top of that, can also handle a massive saddle - bar drop quite comfortably!

Try finding a second hand Keirin frame in those dimensions, if they exist, and for a price anywhere near what I paid for this! I'm not yet in a position where I want to lash out for a brand new Panasonic or Georama custom NJS Stamped frame.

Nature of the beast unfortunately. My 2 other bikes are set up like this, and my old Lo-pro had an even shorter 'effective' top tube and a higher BB than the Bridgestone, the sloping TT hides it.. (it was also a 60cm c-t Seat tube)

Bike fit is a very personal thing, and I've done 100km+ rides on 3 out of the 4 bikes pictured (longest stint on the new one has only been about 35km's due to time/weather) with no issues... If it ain't broke...

And if a lot of seatpost is good for Chris Hoy...

rabobank89

Postby rabobank89 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:01 pm

Bit of an update of my Bianchi..

Not sure what to do with the rear wheel.. Seems out of place now :?

Thinking of getting another rear Aerospoke or one of those ebay 60/88mm carbon rear track wheels...

Thoughts ?

Before

After

PANZR

Postby PANZR » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:25 pm

Nice
I'd go for a black B43 at the rear

HLC

Postby HLC » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:43 pm

I'd get some foot retention first.

rabobank89

Postby rabobank89 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:02 pm

HLC wrote:I'd get some foot retention first.
Waiting on my new pedals/straps to arrive =)

singlespeedscott

Post your Fixie piccies

Postby singlespeedscott » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:32 pm

HLC wrote:Thanks bud, I've had the bike fit discussion with about a million people since i built the bike lol

Unfortunately, my physical build is a lot different to traditional Keirin riders. I'm 178cm with an 88cm inseam. I'm half legs, and as a result have quite a short torso, and long arms. Which means I need a bike with a shorter TT, 54cm is ideal, but I need a seat tube of 57 or 58, and on top of that, can also handle a massive saddle - bar drop quite comfortably!

Try finding a second hand Keirin frame in those dimensions, if they exist, and for a price anywhere near what I paid for this! I'm not yet in a position where I want to lash out for a brand new Panasonic or Georama custom NJS Stamped frame.

Nature of the beast unfortunately. My 2 other bikes are set up like this, and my old Lo-pro had an even shorter 'effective' top tube and a higher BB than the Bridgestone, the sloping TT hides it.. (it was also a 60cm c-t Seat tube)

Bike fit is a very personal thing, and I've done 100km+ rides on 3 out of the 4 bikes pictured (longest stint on the new one has only been about 35km's due to time/weather) with no issues... If it ain't broke...

actually I am your height and have inner seam measurement of 89cm so I know we're your coming from. However All my bikes are between 22 1/2" and 24". Top tubes are between 58.5 and 56.5cm. Depending on their top tubes And intended purpose I usually run a 80 to 100mm stem. Any longer I find affects their handling.

danlemes

Postby danlemes » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:10 pm

My current fixie, But am going to remove back brake, and have ordered myself some pursuit bars. Also, i have my eye on a nice vintage Raleigh frame, If I get it I will certainly post up a finished result. Anyone know what to do with a black frame, got any cool wheel combinations? or coloured parts for it? I am not going to repaint the raleigh if I get it, lots of lovely decals, but yeah, any wheel combinations or things of the sort?
Fixie at the moment:

HLC

Postby HLC » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:52 pm

singlespeedscott wrote: actually I am your height and have inner seam measurement of 89cm so I know we're your coming from. However All my bikes are between 22 1/2" and 24". Top tubes are between 58.5 and 56.5cm. Depending on their top tubes And intended purpose I usually run a 80 to 100mm stem. Any longer I find affects their handling.
Fair enough, to each their own I guess. If I was to match your fit, I'd be running 120mm+ riser stems on everything. As you can see, I'm not. It works for me, so if it ain't broke....

If youve got some pictures of your bike, throw them up because I'd love to compare the fit.
Last edited by HLC on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:02 pm

HLC wrote:

That is the most horrifying hideous dog fugly stem i've ever seen...
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

greeny23

Postby greeny23 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:14 pm

my new baby built by Jube :) has mah company logo on it.