MTB long weekend NSW Blue Mountains

Old and Rusty

MTB long weekend NSW Blue Mountains

Postby Old and Rusty » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Hey gang who'd be interested in this treck over a long weekend or most likely an Easter trip? The route begins near Jenolan Caves so it may require an obliging wife to drop you off or most likely we'd organize a 2nd and maybe 3rd 4wd to back the trip up. I'd guess the drivers of the 4wd would rotate riding duties with others so everyone gets a pedal.
Tomorrow Leximack and I are going to drive the route weather/track conditions/daylight permitting and scope out camping spots and record it on the Garmin to get an accurate picture of just how tough it would be.
The distance from Jenolan caves Rd to Wombeyan Caves is 90km, to the Old Hume Hwy it's 151km.

I know it's early days but I thought it might be something to work towards for new riders in terms of building fitness and also give people time to accumulate brownie points with their respective spouses.

So who's interested?

This is the google earth route plotted manually.

"scaffolders, where learning to walk upright is in the training manual"
2011 Jamis Ventura Elite
2011 Pinarello FPQ

trailgumby

Re: MTB long weekend NSW Blue Mountains

Postby trailgumby » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:21 am

I'm interested, the young-and-not-so-little bloke would be interested, too. I just need to get the cat-o-nine-tails out to motivate him to get a bit more fitness than he had at the Mont.

Jean

Re: MTB long weekend NSW Blue Mountains

Postby Jean » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:07 am

What's the route mostly made up of? Fire trails? Single track? a mixture?