Cannondale Bad Boy - Chain Problem

Aussiebrum

Cannondale Bad Boy - Chain Problem

Postby Aussiebrum » Thu May 01, 2008 11:22 am

I recently upgraded (at massive cost) to a new Cannondale Bad Boy which is great.

Only issue is the chain keeps coming off, anyone experience this and what did you do about it?

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Thu May 01, 2008 11:49 am

Does the chain come off the front ring?....if so on its own or when you change gears?...if it is one of these things it needs a front mech adjustment.
If it isn't these then spin the cranks backwards...if the chain runs smoothly backwards then fine...if it skips off the rear cluster or james up in needs a rear adjustment...

Aussiebrum

Postby Aussiebrum » Thu May 01, 2008 12:13 pm

Thank you, it comes off the rear.

I'll take it back to the retailer tomorrow and hope I can get home and back to work ok in the meantime. Thanks again.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Thu May 01, 2008 12:28 pm

When it comes off the rear does it go off the back of the big ring or off the small ring...pretty simple adjustment to tide you over till the shop looks at it...if chain keeps going over the back it can damage the wheel and frame.

Aussiebrum

Postby Aussiebrum » Wed May 14, 2008 12:23 pm

toolonglegs wrote:When it comes off the rear does it go off the back of the big ring or off the small ring...pretty simple adjustment to tide you over till the shop looks at it...if chain keeps going over the back it can damage the wheel and frame.
Had it fixed now, thanks heaps for the advice.