Mt Coot-tha training

dillonp

Re: Mt Coot-tha training

Postby dillonp » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:20 pm

yes what I said, his avg power is very good for 62kg, as it would have to be to achieve that time.
7 steel bikes and counting

singlespeedscott

Mt Coot-tha training

Postby singlespeedscott » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:32 am

62kg at 186cm!!!!! Man, you must be a stick :p

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:53 am

Just back from my third ride up Coot-Tha in as many weeks.....today I acheived a milestone....I overtook someone else riding up....in the last 100m of the climb I went past another cyclist....

So, does it count that he was on a mountain bike???? :roll:

I think that I'm finally getting over the mind games with this climb and starting to enjoy it!
Lisa

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:55 pm

marinmomma wrote:So, does it count that he was on a mountain bike???? :roll:

I think that I'm finally getting over the mind games with this climb and starting to enjoy it!
overtaking anyone up there, especially in the last 100m or so shows you have stamina.

great work

BrisVegas

Postby BrisVegas » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:32 pm

Purt wrote:
jasonc wrote:I'm guessing by the power output you're a lightweight
Lanky as. Like 186cm and 62kg.

No idea how strava gets power considering I don't have a pm :?

OMGosh! You're almost half my weight! Then again, you're twice as fast up Cootha too... :oops:
2004 Litespeed Tuscany Ti SRAM Force 2x10 & 2021 Bombtrack Hook EXT SRAM Rival 1x11

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:03 pm

FYI about upcoming road closures on Mt Coot-tha due to another woftam tunnel

http://www.bq.org.au/news/changes-afoot-at-mt-coot-tha/

i think that rather than buggering up coot-tha they should park elsewhere and get a bloody bus. contemplating telling them so

dillonp

Postby dillonp » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:24 pm

its a crap road surface anyway, they can have that part :wink:
7 steel bikes and counting

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:51 am

dillonp wrote:its a crap road surface anyway, they can have that part :wink:
You haven't ridden down there recently. They've resurfaced it and it's by far the most pleasant descent path. I use it all the time.

ezzy

Postby ezzy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:25 pm

jasonc wrote:FYI about upcoming road closures on Mt Coot-tha due to another woftam tunnel

i think that rather than buggering up coot-tha they should park elsewhere and get a bloody bus. contemplating telling them so
office workers can catch a train/bus to work but impossible with tradies as they have to lug around with their tools everyday.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:31 pm

ezzy wrote:
jasonc wrote:FYI about upcoming road closures on Mt Coot-tha due to another woftam tunnel

office workers can catch a train/bus to work but impossible with tradies as they have to lug around with their tools everyday.
so they lug their tools there on day 1 of the job, and lug back when complete

ezzy

Postby ezzy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:30 pm

jasonc wrote:
ezzy wrote:

so they lug their tools there on day 1 of the job, and lug back when complete
Something like that. although some of them would prefer to take their tools home with them everyday and if you're really passionate about it, why don't you tell them what you have contemplated to do (to park somewhere else and catch the bloody bus) then tell us here how you fared.

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:53 pm

Going off topic here, but I doubt any tradies parking up around that part take many of their own tools at all. They either have a looong walk to the site, or maybe a shuttle bus (?) and I doubt they'll be taking more than a minimal amount of tools with them. I imagine most of the guys parking up there wouldn't need many tools anyway, as how many tradies happen to have, oh I dunno, a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunnel_boring_machine or other such required tools in the back of their ute? :shock:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:19 am

InTheWoods wrote:Going off topic here, but I doubt any tradies parking up around that part take many of their own tools at all. They either have a looong walk to the site, or maybe a shuttle bus (?) and I doubt they'll be taking more than a minimal amount of tools with them. I imagine most of the guys parking up there wouldn't need many tools anyway, as how many tradies happen to have, oh I dunno, a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunnel_boring_machine or other such required tools in the back of their ute? :shock:
but they can easily tow one of them with the falcodore ute

ezzy

Postby ezzy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:01 pm

jasonc wrote:
InTheWoods wrote:Going off topic here, but I doubt any tradies parking up around that part take many of their own tools at all. They either have a looong walk to the site, or maybe a shuttle bus (?) and I doubt they'll be taking more than a minimal amount of tools with them. I imagine most of the guys parking up there wouldn't need many tools anyway, as how many tradies happen to have, oh I dunno, a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunnel_boring_machine or other such required tools in the back of their ute? :shock:
but they can easily tow one of them with the falcodore ute
and if you tow that up as part of your training then you'd be able to smash cootha in 5 mins

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:04 pm

back on topic. as part of the strava "Rapha Rising" challenge, I did my first mega-repeat session - 9 times.

EDIT: Best NPCCI will be a bit higher when the signature updates

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:23 pm

The car park is all set up looks ready to be used with boom gates etc....what's the point of having the opportunity to provide feedback when it's already a done deal....

Went back again today, the sixth weekend in a row now, I think that I got another PB ....just waiting for Strava to load.....
Lisa

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:25 pm

jasonc wrote:back on topic. as part of the strava "Rapha Rising" challenge, I did my first mega-repeat session - 9 times.

Strava link or it didnt happen.. :wink:
Lisa

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:34 pm

marinmomma wrote:
jasonc wrote:back on topic. as part of the strava "Rapha Rising" challenge, I did my first mega-repeat session - 9 times.

Strava link or it didnt happen.. :wink:

*cough*

http://app.strava.com/rides/13415100

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:19 pm

Grrrrrr, what's up with Strava??? It doesn't show my time up Coot-Tha????

This is the second time that this has happened, last time was just around the time that Strava went down due to the storms in the US so it didn't bother me too much as I thought that it was a once off thing, but it happened again this morning and I was certain that I'd done a PB up there this morning.....

I had to do a segment search to find my time, who hoo got a sub 15min time, 14:49 actually....I took a photo of the screen to support my claim but seeing a PR on my Strava link would have been better :(

Anyone know how to prevent this from reoccurring????

Btw, nice work on the repeats Jason, impressive!
Lisa

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:34 pm

marinmomma wrote:Grrrrrr, what's up with Strava??? It doesn't show my time up Coot-Tha????

This is the second time that this has happened, last time was just around the time that Strava went down due to the storms in the US so it didn't bother me too much as I thought that it was a once off thing, but it happened again this morning and I was certain that I'd done a PB up there this morning.....

I had to do a segment search to find my time, who hoo got a sub 15min time, 14:49 actually....I took a photo of the screen to support my claim but seeing a PR on my Strava link would have been better :(

Anyone know how to prevent this from reoccurring????

Btw, nice work on the repeats Jason, impressive!

thx - btw - coot-tha the back not showing as a PR for you - obviously your other times are faster
but i have seen it take time - so check tomorrow (sometimes it has to wait til it's the same date in the US)

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:53 pm

Nope, it's my best time as its showing up when I do a segment search, I knew that it was going to be a good time (for me anyways) judging by the speed showing on my Garmin....but it would be nice for it to show on my stats for the ride.... :roll:
Lisa

vbplease

Postby vbplease » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:22 pm

Great effort Jason! Do you plan on winning the challenge on Wednesday to win the Rapha pack?

I thought about taking the day off and doing repeats, but work is too busy. :( If I did I'd pick a rolling course where the descents take you up a section of the ascent.. Nebo/Glorious would be a good one.

Purt

Postby Purt » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:56 pm

vbplease wrote:Great effort Jason! Do you plan on winning the challenge on Wednesday to win the Rapha pack?
They'll be some nut job trippin on drugs who does 24 hours of hill repeats to win it. Pretty decent prize! Must be nearly 1k of goodies there.

We should tag team it. Hand over the garmin after each lap of cootha :twisted:

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:15 pm

good work to all those out there! On my Strava feed there were several people with over 2000m of climbing. That challenge is going down big time!

Unfortunately for me I'm resting a niggly back in the hope of fixing it properly.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:18 pm

Purt wrote:
vbplease wrote:Great effort Jason! Do you plan on winning the challenge on Wednesday to win the Rapha pack?
They'll be some nut job trippin on drugs who does 24 hours of hill repeats to win it. Pretty decent prize! Must be nearly 1k of goodies there.

We should tag team it. Hand over the garmin after each lap of cootha :twisted:
thanks
no rapha pack for me - that was about my limit - last trip up hurt
had to get the locum out for my daughter today - she has hand foot and mouth (not to be confused with foot and mouth) - it's a common day care disease
rang the boss, he'd prefer I didn't come to work all week.
wife has tues and thurs off so I'll be doing repeats tues and thurs. tomorrow, wed and fri will be a couple of local loops each day (~150m of climbing per day)
next sunday the plan was 2 x nebo/glorious but I'm hoping I don't need 2 by then. EDIT - we were planning on doing the double nebo/glorious today but the weather forecast was not positive. in the end it looks like we could have done it.

btw - like the idea of the garmin handing. if someone wants to come and look after my daughter, I'll join in :D

Comedian - heal well.