Cheap Jerseys

nickdos

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby nickdos » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:36 am

Ross wrote:I understand your frustration ThunderGod but you should of if time was an issue you should of checked with the supplier to see if the products were in stock before placing the order.
I disagree - this is not the early 2000s anymore, online shopping has moved on and we expect shopping sites to provide accurate information regrading stock levels AND to provide decent service when mistakes are made. Personally, I would not use Mupi after reading about ThunderGod's experiences.

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Well I must be odd then. If I wanted some jerseys for a particular event on a certain date I would make sure the supplier (whoever - B & M or online) had them in stock or could supply them by the time required. Seems like common sense to me. Not every business has every product in stock at all times.

Mupi for example might have several hundred different styles of jerseys available, times that by 3 or 4 sizes of each, then add matching knicks in 3 or 4 different sizes and maybe they have jackets, gloves and arm/leg warmers as well (in all the different sizes). So you are talking literally thousands of products and thousands of $$ tied up in stock that might never sell. Mupi are most likely not a big company like Wiggle or PBK.

ThunderGod

Postby ThunderGod » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:18 pm

Ross, every other website I have ever ordered from (and I do a lot of shopping via the web because I live in a town of 6000 people and few stores) has had the stock reflected on the website.

Another update: After canceling my order and saying I would get a refund within 24 hours, I have not received it about 30 hours on. I emailed and was told my order had accidentally already shipped. Keep in mind that the items were supposed to be out of stock until 6/29 and suddenly are already being shipped right when my money was supposed to be returned.

ThunderGod

Postby ThunderGod » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:40 pm

Latest update. After giving me a tracking number Dart is claiming he doesn't know if the jerseys were sent out or not and sent me an alleged tracking number to prove he could get it sent back to him (the package in the tracking number) even after it is listed as having left the sorting facility.

He also has yet to actually address any of the complaints I have had. His only responses are telling me he won't do anything for me, he would refund my money and the package may have shipped.

coffeeandwine

Postby coffeeandwine » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:39 pm

Received my cycling kit from MUPI last week.

Ordered a long sleeve thermal/bib longs kit for the cooler months on 16 June 2012 ($69 for the kit). paid using PayPal for extra security.

Posted 1 July from China, I had elected to pay $19.48 for EMS as a bit quicker than China Post (used that with a different supplier) and had a tracking system.

Arrived in Aus on 7 July and delivered 10 July.

Have been warm as toast on a couple of rides now, Saturday morning was quite cool so glad I had it.

The bib longs are REALLY, REALLY comfortable, chamois felt good after 50km.

Sizing was in line with the sizing chart.

I have read the comments below about ThunderGod's problems which sound quite disappointing. When I ordered my kit, it was listed in stock - but so was every style in every size; i expected that they would make it up as required rather than hold vast quantities of inventory on the off chance that it would get ordered. looks like it took 2 weeks to make up and then a similar time to deliver (would opt for EMS over China Post again).

very happy with the quality, fit and comfort. Would certainly order from them again.
Merida 903 from the LBS; Diesel engine

ThunderGod

Postby ThunderGod » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:25 am

Final update- I traded emails with Dart and the result was him being very condescending and refusing to acknowledge any improprieties on their part. He threatened to cancel my order, so I gave him a set time to have my money back in my account, which finally happened. He was such a jerk that he actually recalled my order in the middle of shipping, after it had left Shanghai because he did not like my email calling him out for his unethical business practices.

I proceeded to order three jerseys from Cycling-Monton (for the same price as two from mupi), shipped right away, no problems and they arrived at my house ten days after shipping. The jerseys are fantastic.

Buy from Monton not the .... at Mupi!

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:43 am

So after all this bargin basement online custom jersey shopping combined with my own experience with a - more expensive - Asian manufacturer, I'm glad we have switched to Scody.
I've had a gutfull of rediculous sizings, unacceptable lead times and all the other recurring crapola discussed in this thread, and I can assure you our suporters will happily pay more for something that they can wear comfortably within 2 weeks of buying it.
My conclusion: buy local, or manufactured in a western country, otherwise it will not fit you. The extra cost is worth it.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:26 am

hahaha that Monton shop even sells fake authentics Oakleys, complete with 'MADE IN THE USA' stamped inside.
For $58 you can get a pair of Jawbones, and some replacement lenses for $3.00 lol
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:08 pm

How cheap is that Monton shop 8) Here's the set that matches one of my bikes 2012 Focus Cycling Jersey+Cycling Bib Shorts Team Sporting (AT) $44 delivered, certainly worth a punt.

Multi is still the one to go to for small order
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

kirky92au

Postby kirky92au » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:19 pm

Placed an order at Mupi yesterday, for a set of matching bibs & jerseys for my bike (Liquigas Team Cycling Jersey & Bib Shorts). Also grabbed Orica set for my dad. I sent their support a message about special delivery instructions and they replied this morning, found that a bit surprising cause it being Sunday however I guess no rest for the wicked in China :? . So all going good should have them in a couple of weeks time, I went with the EMS shipping method to be on the safe side.

PBF

Postby PBF » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:53 pm

Had a look at some of the websites and they seem a good alternative to the prices in shops here for a beginner anyway.

How do sizes compare? I am a large in shope here, so is it safe to assume the same size? Or play it safe and go bigger? Also, is there a difference between the monton and the baiky kits?

konazz

Postby konazz » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:05 pm

Cycle express is selling jerseys for $9.95 (email from BikeExchange). No idea on postage.
2011 Allegro Touring 105 groupo, Ultegra Velocity Deep V rims

PBF

Postby PBF » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:13 am

Going by the sizing on monton, i'm between a large and an extra large, which is pretty much just the same as the shops.

Is it accurate, in which case i will go for a large, or should i play it safe and go for an XL?

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:25 pm

On Stock Levels (discussed in June).

If the items are said to be in stock then I see this as a retailer failure if they can't deliver within the timeframe the suggest.
If they are not in stock, the retailer should have mechanisms in place to keep the customer informed e.g. if they place an order a suggestion of when the stock will arrive or when an order is not placed, an ETA of arrival of stoke.

I am of the view that successful business look after their customers and truthful and helpful information is key.
Cycling is in my BNA

wurtulla wabbit

Postby wurtulla wabbit » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:41 pm

We bought 8 full sets from cheapcyclingjersey.com

Advised to go size larger, mistake ! I had to send all back and came this week again.
Good service , bit slow as they said some stuff was made to order but all good in the end.
Quality is or looks as good as my Izumi stuff and other kit I have from Aussie retailers so we'll see how we go but at under $50 for full length top and bottoms , can't complain thus far.

neild

Postby neild » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Purchased a set of Cervelo 2010 team jersey & bib shorts from Mupi. Ordered around the 23rd of July, posted on 26th and delivered today (3rd).

Based on their quote to order 1 size larger and based on the fact that I have medium sized DBH jerseys and bib shorts I ordered large size. Jersey was perfect, feels really nice, looks good. Can't compare to the more expensive brands but I'm really happy. Time will tell on durability I guess.

Bib shorts are a different matter. Quality wise they look great, feel nice. The chamois is very padded. This is comparing to my 2 year old DHB bibs mind. Size wise though they are way too small. My fault because I just took a stab at large rather than waiting and measuring. Based on their size guide I'm roughly in between XL and XXL.

Will definitely be ordering more from Mupi now that I know my sizing.

Just deciding whether to return the bib shorts or on-sell them. PM me if anyone is interested and we can discuss, otherwise will probably list on the Market Place in the next couple of days.
Norco VFR1 Disc, Merida 903, Mofo Single Speed, Giant MTB, soon to be vintage Gazelle fixie

booge

Postby booge » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:56 pm

Does anyone know if the Monton store on eBay long sleeve jerseys (comes with tights also) is thermal or summer weight? I'm looking for a summer weight long sleeve jersey.

kirky92au

Postby kirky92au » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:49 am

2012-07-21 Placed Order with Mupi, got the EMS Shipping option.

2012-07-29 20:00:00 HEFEI Posting
2012-07-29 20:46:41 HEFEI Arrival at Sorting Center
2012-07-29 22:44:15 HEFEI Despatch from Sorting Center
2012-07-31 18:12:03 SHANGHAI Arrival at Sorting Center
2012-07-31 19:41:05 SHANGHAI Despatch from Sorting Center
2012-08-03 13:49:00 COMMENWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA SYDNEY EMS Arrival at Sorting Center
2012-08-03 19:53:00 COMMENWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA AUMXBT Arrival at Delivery Office
2012-08-06 04:07:00 COMMENWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA AUMXBT Arrival at Delivery Office
2012-08-06 Delivered.

Happy with the quality, exceeded what I expected, sizing on the website is accurate. Will be buying throw them again assuming this stuff actually lasts.

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:33 pm

booge wrote:Does anyone know if the Monton store on eBay long sleeve jerseys (comes with tights also) is thermal or summer weight? I'm looking for a summer weight long sleeve jersey.
Pretty sure they are summer weight ones, the thermal winter ones are described as thermal, at least on their website. Their thermal winter ones aren't real warm in any case.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:44 pm

limetang wrote:Once again I have to recommend Prendas!!

Genuine Santini jerseys ( superior to the cheapies that I have in every way ) from $25 + delivery depending on sizing.

eg- http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ty ... =2&ID=2813

I ordered a TDU Jayco sprinters jersey from them about a month ago, used it on a few decent rides and its very nice. $31 too :D
I recently got a couple of retro jerseys from Prendas, one Peugeot and one Mercier, VERY good quality but not what i would call cheap (one was 40 pounds the other 50, and i'm used to Cell jerseys for $20 odd), worth it though.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:54 am

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:40 am

I have a friend who is a Star Trek freak and a cyclist, I have just sent her the link, she will buy a jersey for sure!

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:02 pm

Yep just heard back, she bought two! :!:
Reckons one is for me. :shock:
I said there was more chance of Lance winning the next TdF with out "special" meds than me wearing a Star Trek jersey! :twisted:

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Don't worry Ross, your won as many TDF's as Lance
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:24 pm

mikesbytes wrote:Don't worry Ross, your won as many TDF's as Lance
comment of the week.

Ross - i humbly apologise if you have to wear the star trek jersey :D haha