Wheels of Justice

The 2nd Womble

Re: Wheels of Justice

Postby The 2nd Womble » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:04 pm

Lolz yes well. But never mind. I have a feeling there'll be a major shift re advocacy and someone that road riders can turn to very shortly. An exciting time ahead. Harry Barber will be crapping himself :twisted:
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:26 pm

Eleri wrote:Indeed! I ride in the same club as Marc and we all found it pretty remarkable that he was the one who got charged ... and not the driver.

Good on him for following through with it to its logical conclusion.
Now that the dust has settled a bit & Marc has been able to celebrate his win, do you know if is he planning to follow up with the Police Farce, both as to action taken against the officer for profering charges that were against the evidence and in laying charges against the driver ?
Anything you can do, I can do slower

jules21

Postby jules21 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:50 pm

if you don't mind midnight visits and bricks through windows, go for it. i'm not suggesting the cops would resort to that, it would just be a coincidence and unrelated.

Percrime

Postby Percrime » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:53 pm

And probably not that well investigated

rogan

Postby rogan » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:25 pm

marc2131 wrote:
KonaCommuter wrote:So, I take it that now the driver is going to be fined?
Driver guilty? We live in hope.

The copper in charge was 23yo. However his mentor was 39, and they were both reluctant to drop the charges despite the overwhelming evidence. Me thinks limited IQ had more to do with it than limited experience.
Hanlon's Razor/Ockham's Razor

They already had their evidence, they had their case. Despite my cynicism expressed in the next sentence, cops genuinely have more important things to do than spend hours working up the case on every minor traffic offence. Pick your choice catching murderers/hanging out at donut emporiums/lobbying the state government for preferential treatment under workers' comp/paperwork/etc.

But the answer is simple and quite obvious as an application of the Razors. These cops, they never viewed the footage before they stepped into the court.

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:18 am

Sydguy wrote:Retrain the police, retrain the driver and arm cyclists.
The only arms civilians are allowed to have are "passive" ones like cars, big cars, 4WDs and...

It appears MB beat me to it with this:

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Nobody wrote:It appears MB beat me to it with this:
No sweat Nobody :)

Most of the time, methinks the F650 will do well enough. I'll save the Marauder for King St on Saturday nights, those tyres will laugh at broken glass and puddles of piddle/vomit :mrgreen:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011