Stromlo DH first timer

LoveB

Stromlo DH first timer

Postby LoveB » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:01 pm

so I'm gonna be buying a DH bike.. if I take it at an easier pace on a weekday (so theres not too many people) would I be alright on the stromlo dh track? I just dont want to eat dirt oin the way down and I'll only have a regular helmet too. lol but I suppose I'll never know if I dont try. What should I look out for though? any like surprise jumps I should know of? considering I'll be going slower than usual too I dont want to fall into a ditch lol

trailgumby

Re: Stromlo DH first timer

Postby trailgumby » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:49 pm

I have reservations about what you're proposing.

With those technical courses, I think it's always better to have someone show you the lines first. And if it goes pear-shaped, you have someone to call for help. It's a bit hard to use your phone if you can't feel anything below your neck.

There aren't many downhillers on here, maybe one girl who was a pro DHer. You will have more luck teeing up a Tour Barbie to show you around Stromlo on rotorburn.com

LoveB

Postby LoveB » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:36 pm

yeah.. spoke to a few people that do dh but for now I might just stick to the xc side of the track lol. the bike im probably getting should be right for it anyway. will ask around for someonen who can take me down the stromlo dh track so my legs dont end up where my face is lol

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:00 am

Always walk an unfamiliar dh first. Look for B lines or in my case D and Es :oops: Then ask for a lead out.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

petie

Postby petie » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:23 pm

Just ride it really slowly and be ready to stop and scope stuff out. Weekdays should be alright, I haven't seen too many flat-out DHers on a weekday when i've been out there?

LoveB

Postby LoveB » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:12 pm

might give it a shot on a weekday with someone most probably. I think school holidays are coming up so I best be ready O_O otherwise the xc part is fine for me for now :lol: