Wheels of Justice

Equipment and On Road Behaviour, Laws and Rules. Cycling Promotion and Advocacy

Re: Wheels of Justice

Postby sogood » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:01 pm

In BNSW's defence, DHBC falls under CNSW's umbrella and CNSW has been pushing for a bigger role of recent. So I won't blame UNSW for not being an active party here.
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 17012
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

by BNA » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:04 pm

BNA
 

Re: Wheels of Justice

Postby The 2nd Womble » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:04 pm

Lolz yes well. But never mind. I have a feeling there'll be a major shift re advocacy and someone that road riders can turn to very shortly. An exciting time ahead. Harry Barber will be crapping himself :twisted:
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves
User avatar
The 2nd Womble
 
Posts: 3058
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Wheels of Justice

Postby find_bruce » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:26 pm

Eleri wrote:Indeed! I ride in the same club as Marc and we all found it pretty remarkable that he was the one who got charged ... and not the driver.

Good on him for following through with it to its logical conclusion.

Now that the dust has settled a bit & Marc has been able to celebrate his win, do you know if is he planning to follow up with the Police Farce, both as to action taken against the officer for profering charges that were against the evidence and in laying charges against the driver ?
Image
User avatar
find_bruce
 
Posts: 3846
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Wheels of Justice

Postby Oxford » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:32 pm

find_bruce wrote:
Eleri wrote:Indeed! I ride in the same club as Marc and we all found it pretty remarkable that he was the one who got charged ... and not the driver.

Good on him for following through with it to its logical conclusion.

Now that the dust has settled a bit & Marc has been able to celebrate his win, do you know if is he planning to follow up with the Police Farce, both as to action taken against the officer for profering charges that were against the evidence and in laying charges against the driver ?

I would be following up with whatever the equivalent of the Qld Ethical Standards Command is and also is it ICAC in NSW? That sort of nonsense is just unacceptable.
Building more roads to prevent congestion is like a fat man loosening his belt to prevent obesity.
- Lewis Mumford
User avatar
Oxford
 
Posts: 5148
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:49 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Wheels of Justice

Postby jules21 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:50 pm

if you don't mind midnight visits and bricks through windows, go for it. i'm not suggesting the cops would resort to that, it would just be a coincidence and unrelated.
Image
User avatar
jules21
 
Posts: 8789
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:14 pm
Location: deep in the pain cave

Re: Wheels of Justice

Postby Percrime » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:53 pm

And probably not that well investigated
Percrime
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Wheels of Justice

Postby Oxford » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:13 pm

really sad that people think that way and deny themselves justice, unfortunately though there is probably truth in what you say, which is the sadder fact.
Building more roads to prevent congestion is like a fat man loosening his belt to prevent obesity.
- Lewis Mumford
User avatar
Oxford
 
Posts: 5148
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:49 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Wheels of Justice

Postby rogan » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:25 pm

marc2131 wrote:
KonaCommuter wrote:So, I take it that now the driver is going to be fined?


Driver guilty? We live in hope.

The copper in charge was 23yo. However his mentor was 39, and they were both reluctant to drop the charges despite the overwhelming evidence. Me thinks limited IQ had more to do with it than limited experience.


Hanlon's Razor/Ockham's Razor

They already had their evidence, they had their case. Despite my cynicism expressed in the next sentence, cops genuinely have more important things to do than spend hours working up the case on every minor traffic offence. Pick your choice catching murderers/hanging out at donut emporiums/lobbying the state government for preferential treatment under workers' comp/paperwork/etc.

But the answer is simple and quite obvious as an application of the Razors. These cops, they never viewed the footage before they stepped into the court.
Image
rogan
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Wheels of Justice

Postby Nobody » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:18 am

Sydguy wrote:Retrain the police, retrain the driver and arm cyclists.
The only arms civilians are allowed to have are "passive" ones like cars, big cars, 4WDs and...


It appears MB beat me to it with this:
Image
Nobody
 
Posts: 6655
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Wheels of Justice

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Nobody wrote:It appears MB beat me to it with this:
Image


No sweat Nobody :)

Most of the time, methinks the F650 will do well enough. I'll save the Marauder for King St on Saturday nights, those tyres will laugh at broken glass and puddles of piddle/vomit :mrgreen:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 26011
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Previous

Return to Cycling Safety and Advocacy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: m@



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit