Perth/Esperance to Adelaide

Baalzamon

Perth/Esperance to Adelaide

Postby Baalzamon » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:02 pm

Yep I'm at it again, attempt #2 to cross the nullabor. This time tho I may cheat and catch bus to Esperance depending on training before hand. I've toured Esperance - Perth before and Perth - Esperance in an aborted attempt at Nullabor.
And what do you know the jinx fairies are at it again. Last year 8 weeks out boil, 3.5 weeks out I crash, 2 days before my lower back goes on me. Well it's now just over 6 weeks out and my lower back has gone mildly on me but this time I'm prepared :mrgreen: My trike will save my tour as it's a lounge chair on wheels.
I'm taking a spot tracker with me and a powermonkey extreme as well for device charging. And ofc kickbags etc to certain stops going across.
Leaving 17th August and taking 4 weeks off work to do it.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

}SkOrPn--7

Re: Perth/Esperance to Adelaide

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:46 pm

With any luck BZ we might cross paths I'm touring Eyre Peninsula to Ceduna then so will keep a look out for you hope all goes well for you and your able to get a start.

Ricky

trimike

Postby trimike » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:05 pm

Good luck this time BZ. Will probabaly be cold out there on the Nullabor, hope there is no rain for you. I'm hoping to have a go at Perth-Adelaide next year sometime. Probabaly May/June.

You not taking this Masi this time ?

Mike

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:45 pm

trimike wrote:Good luck this time BZ. Will probabaly be cold out there on the Nullabor, hope there is no rain for you. I'm hoping to have a go at Perth-Adelaide next year sometime. Probabaly May/June.

Mike
Hey Mike

Nope my shoulder won't like it on Masi, so have to be on my Ice Adventure FS HD recumbent trike. I've got nice camping gear

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:55 pm

All the best with the ride Stuart.

Andrew

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:58 pm

Aushiker wrote:All the best with the ride Stuart.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew

I've got an inkling I've got sciatica. Left glute is very tight and hurting more than my lower back at times and it's more to the left of the back. Getting some pain in hamstring as well and oddly my big toe. Did a google on sciatica pain in big toe and bam got a hit on very first link. L5 pinching sciatica can cause big toe pain. I'm on pain killers now and Brufen and 3 days off work WOOHOO. Also seeing my chiro on Friday who should spot is straight away and get it fixed in 2 weeks. At least he will know what it is unlike my doc...

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:27 am

Baalzamon wrote:I've got an inkling I've got sciatica. Left glute is very tight and hurting more than my lower back at times and it's more to the left of the back. Getting some pain in hamstring as well and oddly my big toe. Did a google on sciatica pain in big toe and bam got a hit on very first link. L5 pinching sciatica can cause big toe pain. I'm on pain killers now and Brufen and 3 days off work WOOHOO. Also seeing my chiro on Friday who should spot is straight away and get it fixed in 2 weeks. At least he will know what it is unlike my doc...
Hope you get it sorted quickly.

Andrew

paul flewitt

Postby paul flewitt » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:39 pm

trimike wrote:Good luck this time BZ. Will probabaly be cold out there on the Nullabor, hope there is no rain for you. I'm hoping to have a go at Perth-Adelaide next year sometime. Probabaly May/June.

Mike
Hi Mike,

I've been very keen to do the Nullabor for about a year now and wondered if you'd want a buddy?
I realise your journey is to Adelaide, but I could go on by myself to melbourne at that stage? Any good to you?

trimike

Postby trimike » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:12 pm

Hi Paul

A buddy for the ride would be good. Planning to go next year, no confirmed date yet but i'm very flexible with dates. It seems there is another 1-2 guys showing interest also. Check out todays posts. Let me know when you want to go. Are you in Perth ?

Mike