On Your Bike and Revolutions

Aushiker

On Your Bike and Revolutions

Postby Aushiker » Fri May 02, 2008 6:46 pm

For nearly 60 years, between the 1890s to the 1960s, cycling was an ordinary part of daily life. Now, few remember the time before people relied on motor vehicles to get around. "On Your Bike" will aquaint you with the enduring design features of the standard safety bicycle - the machine that transformed cycling from a pastime for the foolhardy to a major mode of transport - and show you how surprisingly well-suited it was to the arid Western Australian terrain.
The "On Your Bike" exhibition is being held at Revolutions, Whiteman Park from April 10 to June 8, 2008. More details on the Revolutions website.

Andrew

Double-Gee

Postby Double-Gee » Sun May 04, 2008 1:40 am

The forecast for tomorrow (Sunday) is 23, fine and light to moderate SE winds tending S'ly in the afternoon, so should be a nice day at Whiteman Park. A mate is into the historic side of cycling, so we are riding out there for a look at the exhibition. I'll hopefully get a few happy snaps.

Thanks for the heads up Andrew.
Road - '09 Cervelo S1 | '07 Vivente Lugano | Late 90's Giant Kronos, Dirt - '08 Orbea Sherpa

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Sun May 04, 2008 10:02 am

Yeah looks interesting... maybe not this weekend, but hopefully I'll make it in the next week or two. I'm especially keen to see if they've got any old Swansea models on display

Must admit; even though I've heard of it often enough - I had to Google where exactly Whiteman Park is. :oops: Must be that ol' North Of River/South of River thing
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.