2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

jasonc

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:58 am

gretaboy wrote:Yeah well I am finding it hard to peg back TW...as soon as I do start to peg back his lead I have my two days break from commuting....this last weekend it was 3 days and as a result TW gets back whatever I was able to claw back

one word..frustrating :)

upside...have until Dec 31
this year I have xmas leave booked but will be limiting time away from work - hopefully less than 2 weeks

TailWind

Postby TailWind » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:39 pm

jasonc wrote:
gretaboy wrote:Yeah well I am finding it hard to peg back TW...as soon as I do start to peg back his lead I have my two days break from commuting....this last weekend it was 3 days and as a result TW gets back whatever I was able to claw back

one word..frustrating :)

upside...have until Dec 31
this year I have xmas leave booked but will be limiting time away from work - hopefully less than 2 weeks
Just wait until my new ride is sorted... :mrgreen:
Only kidding - I still think that you'll have me by August, gretaboy...
No leave planned, but if my clients decide to shut down over Xmas, I'm forced to take a break, too...
Soma Double Cross 2012 - Commuter || Giant CitySpeed (Alfine 8 IGH) - Commuter || Bakfiets Long 2011 - Cargo Bike

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:06 pm

there's not much between p3 and p5 now. Who has the next day off? that's pretty much the difference

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:08 pm

jasonc wrote:there's not much between p3 and p5 now. Who has the next day off? that's pretty much the difference
you have got a sniff mate....got something to push for...it will be fun to watch

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:25 pm

gretaboy wrote:
jasonc wrote:there's not much between p3 and p5 now. Who has the next day off? that's pretty much the difference
you have got a sniff mate....got something to push for...it will be fun to watch
doing over 50kms a day 4 days a week, then 40 the other day, if i push further, i may hurt myself.
Though the weather is on Kenzo's and my side at the moment.

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:43 pm

I'm sticking to my plan of having at least one (work) day a week off from commuting - so my maximum will be four days of commuting (not necessarily only four days of 'Cycling - Transport').

Today is an off the bike day. My knee says it is a good idea too...
Man... I sound / feel old... sore back, knees, hip, ankle.
Have a cold (or series of colds) for the last eight or so weeks.
Not sleeping enough again.... avg less than 6hrs a night.

All in all - things appear to be going well. :roll:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Kenzo wrote:I'm sticking to my plan of having at least one (work) day a week off from commuting - so my maximum will be four days of commuting (not necessarily only four days of 'Cycling - Transport').

Today is an off the bike day. My knee says it is a good idea too...
Man... I sound / feel old... sore back, knees, hip, ankle.
Have a cold (or series of colds) for the last eight or so weeks.
Not sleeping enough again.... avg less than 6hrs a night.

All in all - things appear to be going well. :roll:
I think you really need a week off Kenzo. That'll get you back into shape :mrgreen:

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:04 am

ok...due to upcoming school holidays I have got a good opportunity to put a dent in the gap between TW and I. First time in a long time, maybe this year actually, I have a 5 day commuting week next, just got to hope that SWMBO doesnt have other plans for me

I could possibly halve the distance, or nearly halve it, between us...dependant on how much TW rides of course :)

big incentive to do some serious k's next week

elantra

Postby elantra » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:43 am

jasonc wrote:
gretaboy wrote:
doing over 50kms a day 4 days a week, then 40 the other day, if i push further, i may hurt myself.
Though the weather is on Kenzo's and my side at the moment.
It must be seriously cold down on the hunter valley plains ATM, especially around Greta
Some would say, too cold to ride a bike outside of "school hours"

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:51 am

elantra wrote: It must be seriously cold down on the hunter valley plains ATM, especially around Greta
Some would say, too cold to ride a bike outside of "school hours"
Maybe if you come from/live in Brisbane type weather areas but its not too bad actually...it was colder a few weeks ago. Full fingered gloves have saved me as well. This morning was lovely. Once I warm up from riding I am actually sweating.

Just got to hope the wet weather stays away, have realised I much prefer the dry but cold to the wet and cold

westab

Postby westab » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Wet and cold / dry and cold - doesn't matter - I simply hate the cold. :twisted:

But from me this Challenge combined with a 2001 Starwagon car is enough to keep me riding as often as possible - I hate driving the old car I would much rather the old bike.

That and the only options to get to work for me are ride or get up ealier and walk. :roll:
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:21 am

Fourth should be yours today Jason!

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:31 am

Kenzo wrote:Fourth should be yours today Jason!
there's not should about it

I'll wave as I go past you.

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:58 pm

I'll be taking it easy next week... Had an 'off' riding the MTB today. Corked my knee on something and swelling is currently being controlled by cold packs and nurofen.

I've always thought the ay-up handlebar mount looked treacherous... More than 20cms of 'scratch'.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:42 pm

Kenzo wrote:I'll be taking it easy next week... Had an 'off' riding the MTB today. Corked my knee on something and swelling is currently being controlled by cold packs and nurofen.

I've always thought the ay-up handlebar mount looked treacherous... More than 20cms of 'scratch'.

ouch
recover well. Don't know if I keep up with Simon though - he's a machine. The weather is looking 50/50 a few days this week which may result in only my standard commute occuring

TailWind

Postby TailWind » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:26 pm

Kenzo wrote:I'll be taking it easy next week... Had an 'off' riding the MTB today. Corked my knee on something and swelling is currently being controlled by cold packs and nurofen.
"'Tis but a scratch" :wink:

Heal quickly, and get back in the saddle!
Soma Double Cross 2012 - Commuter || Giant CitySpeed (Alfine 8 IGH) - Commuter || Bakfiets Long 2011 - Cargo Bike

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:46 am

I can't catch Simon. We've just had a crappy weather we only commuted 4 days. And they were all standard commutes. Next week looks like it's going back to normal Brisbane weather. If that's the case, I'll be doing some extra kms.

westab

Postby westab » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:27 am

Keeping the kms up today with a lunch date at the local park - after soccer this morning it is too nice a day to waste inside.

Still won't catch any of you top five :shock: - you are out of my reach unless work moves to the other side of the city.

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:07 am

I was all keen to go for a ride this morning. Pedaled about 50 metres and the knee pain from the crash was already evident. Turned around and sulked my way through brekkie. A few more days recovery time I think...

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:13 pm

Kenzo wrote:I was all keen to go for a ride this morning. Pedaled about 50 metres and the knee pain from the crash was already evident. Turned around and sulked my way through brekkie. A few more days recovery time I think...
and with the cold mornings expected next week, make sure it's right otherwise you'll be very uncomfortable

time to invest in some tigerbalm

westab

Postby westab » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Kenzo wrote:I was all keen to go for a ride this morning. Pedaled about 50 metres and the knee pain from the crash was already evident. Turned around and sulked my way through brekkie. A few more days recovery time I think...
Sounds like a plan - hope you heal up and get back on the bike soon. That is certainly a shocker of a "scratch". On the rollers tonight watching the time trial may hellp the recovery with the heater on :lol:

westab

Postby westab » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:13 am

Inside the top ten now - 9th at least for a day or so. :D

Don't look behind mugglechops - it might slow you down cause your my next target - inside 200kms :wink: - thats only 9 hours :roll:

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:48 pm

Go Westab go! :lol:

Well - still no riding for me and my sore knee.

Over the weekend I fitted my new M785 XT brakes to the MTB and am ITCHING to get out .... but I can't even pedal the bike to get out and bed in the brake pads! Sooo frustrating.

I think the one hour long commute will be on hold for some time.

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:18 pm

westab wrote:Inside the top ten now - 9th at least for a day or so. :D

Don't look behind mugglechops - it might slow you down cause your my next target - inside 200kms :wink: - thats only 9 hours :roll:
I am trying to do at least 40kms a day on the 4 days I ride to work. Just to stay ahead of you. :D

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Lol...