Crapola!!!....P.E.D's in Cycling

biker jk

Re: Wiggins drug denial

Postby biker jk » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:48 pm

find_bruce wrote:
Strawburger wrote:I love this
completely baseless smears emerged
from news.com.au. That is pretty much their entire publication!
It is one of those "what I say" versus "what I mean" type comments. What they really mean is that "we wish to publish allegations against Wiggins, but we don't want to be sued for defamation"
Are you suggesting that the Murdoch owned press would suggest Wiggins is doping? You do know that Murdoch is a part owner of Sky TV?

drubie

Re: Crapola!!!....P.E.D's in Cycling

Postby drubie » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:58 pm

Unsurprisingly, newscorp gives Wiggo a 10 out of 10 for believability.

Excuse me while I go wash cos you mongrels made me visit newscorp.
So we get the leaders we deserve and we elect, we get the companies and the products that we ask for, right? And we have to ask for different things. – Paul Gilding
but really, that's rubbish. We get none of it because the choices are illusory.

find_bruce

Crapola!!!....P.E.D's in Cycling

Postby find_bruce » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:06 pm

biker jk wrote:
find_bruce wrote:
Strawburger wrote:I love this from news.com.au. That is pretty much their entire publication!
It is one of those "what I say" versus "what I mean" type comments. What they really mean is that "we wish to publish allegations against Wiggins, but we don't want to be sued for defamation"
Are you suggesting that the Murdoch owned press would suggest Wiggins is doping? You do know that Murdoch is a part owner of Sky TV?
oh silly me, I sit corrected

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:31 pm

drubie wrote:Excuse me while I go wash cos you mongrels made me visit newscorp.
:lol: :lol: You'll need to bathe in degreaser for an hour...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:25 am

http://nyvelocity.com/content/features/ ... s-positive

Not limited to upper level cycling either.

Jim

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:56 am

familyguy wrote:http://nyvelocity.com/content/features/ ... s-positive

Not limited to upper level cycling either.

Jim

Lol - TWO cyclists tested positive!
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:32 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/12/opini ... wanted=all
Doping can be that last 2 percent.

How much does that last 2 percent really matter?

in the Tour de France, 2 percent is the difference between first and 100th place in overall time.
FPR Ragamuffin

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Vaughters is confident the sport is now clean. But when you see the light handed treatment Contador received from his
Spanish federation, it's easy to imagine that not everyone might be tested with the same rigour, and possibly not be as clean
as others.

I'll be more convinced when you can't drug-up, take a short (2 year) suspension, then come back to win an Olympic Gold.

Victor Conte, the master-chemist behind the BALCO drug lab, claimed that 60% of athletes at the London
Games were doping and took aim particularly at the out-of-competition testing. He has long argued that the only way to get a level playing field is to allow open-slather for the drug labs. Conte has clearly got a wheelbarrow that he's pushing here. London has made an advance with retrospective testing, but maybe something more needs to be done in some countries with OOC.

Cheers
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia

Speedster

Postby Speedster » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:17 am

wombatK wrote:I'll be more convinced when you can't drug-up, take a short (2 year) suspension, then come back to win an Olympic Gold.
I assume you are referring to Vino? When did Vino "drug-up"? I thought his suspension was for blood doping. Understand the sentiment but don't tar him with the Drug Cheat Brush when he has never tested positive for a banned substance.

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:49 am

What is the bleeding difference between blood doping and banned substances, he cheated the rest is semantics
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:55 am

wombatK wrote:I'll be more convinced when you can't drug-up, take a short (2 year) suspension, then come back to win an Olympic Gold.
Speedster wrote:I assume you are referring to Vino? When did Vino "drug-up"? I thought his suspension was for blood doping. Understand the sentiment but don't tar him with the Drug Cheat Brush when he has never tested positive for a banned substance.
You are right Speedster there is such a huge moral difference between cheating by blood doping and cheating by drug taking.

Of course he only visited Doctor Michele Ferrari for training plans :roll:

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:10 pm

Speedster wrote:
I assume you are referring to Vino? When did Vino "drug-up"? I thought his suspension was for blood doping. Understand the sentiment but don't tar him with the Drug Cheat Brush when he has never tested positive for a banned substance.
Vinokourov tested positive for blood doping at the 2007 TdF.

JV911

Postby JV911 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:47 pm

Lance Update:

Armstrong drops drugs fight: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/arm ... .html#poll
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

JV911

Postby JV911 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:43 am

<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

JV911

Postby JV911 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:15 am

Danish Cycling Union board member tests positive

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12750 ... z2559RLtQq
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

DavidS

Postby DavidS » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:11 pm

You do wonder about how serious the UCI is about anti-doping when they are trying to silence both Greg LeMonde and Floyd Landis. They do seem to want to basically shut down the debate rather than clean up the sport.

DS
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)

roller

Postby roller » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:25 am

DavidS wrote:You do wonder about how serious the UCI is about anti-doping when they are trying to silence both Greg LeMonde and Floyd Landis. They do seem to want to basically shut down the debate rather than clean up the sport.

DS
UCI police:

inflammatory statement or idea

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:52 am

USADA report in Lance Armstrong doping conspiracy.

http://cyclinginvestigation.usada.org/

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:16 pm

The sad thing about the Lance/USPS saga is all of the other people that have been quiet over the years and the investigation that have now "confessed" (after retiring :roll: ).

Some of them have been held up as good role models and not even proffered any comments before.

Hopefully this is the start of the end to those that haven't confessed/been caught before.

Also , if they are genmuine, makes mockery of the "I've passed all the tests, and no positives" defence :cry:

BRLVR.v2

Postby BRLVR.v2 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:01 pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/more- ... 6494871368" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bye, Bye Matty

http://www.cyclingtips.com.au/2012/10/m ... teps-down/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

clackers

Postby clackers » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:33 pm

White's just stood down, but you've got to think it's just to give time to consult sponsors over whether they could tolerate him remaining in charge. His baggage might not sit well with a team promoting itself as something new and different.

gdt

Postby gdt » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:52 pm

Remember how L'Equipe leaked the UCI's 0 to 10 list of probability of doping use prior to the 2010 Tour de France? Here are the people mentioned in this week's news:
0 (no suspicion): Michael Barry, David Zabriskie.
1: George Hincapie
4 (not even half way to 10): Lance Armstrong, Levi Leipheimer, Christian Vande Velde
Hmmm.

gdt

Postby gdt » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:03 pm

Front page of the Adelaide Sunday Mail is a story that the Tour Down Under neglected to mention to the media that a 2003 stage winner was later stripped of the place after failing doping tests.
TOUR DOPE UNDER: Stage winner tests positive, stripped of purse
"It would have been published on the (International Cycling Union's) UCI website that he was found to be in violation of the code and that's how it's dealt with," Mr Turtur said.

"Race organisers don't go around publicising or advertising or making a point of any doping infringements because it's not their job or their responsibility.

"The organisers manage the race, the UCI manage the sport.

"That's the normal and accepted procedure since day one. The Tour de France might work a bit differently because of what it is and the world-wide media, they will actually go out and state that this has happened.

"It's not that they're breaking the news it's already been identified by the doping agency."

clackers

Postby clackers » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:37 am

gdt wrote:Remember how L'Equipe leaked the UCI's 0 to 10 list of probability of doping use prior to the 2010 Tour de France? Here are the people mentioned in this week's news:
4 (not even half way to 10): Lance Armstrong, Levi Leipheimer, Christian Vande Velde
Hmmm.
Yep, probability of the UCI being competent and trustworthy enough to run a clean sport, GDT? Also 0.

We can add the US Government to this, which to the amazement of its investigators quietly and suddenly shut down its case this year while sports journos were concentrating on the Superbowl.

Luckily USADA was able to reuse evidence that the Feds had collected but then decided not to act on!

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:55 pm

gdt wrote:Remember how L'Equipe leaked the UCI's 0 to 10 list of probability of doping use prior to the 2010 Tour de France? Here are the people mentioned in this week's news:
Hmmm.
That's a bit harsh - the UCI list was "based on riders's biological passports and blood tests ahead of the Tour, according to L'Equipe." ie it related solely to the 2010 tour, not whether they had ever doped. Barry, Zabriske, Leipheimer & Vande Velde all say they have raced clean since 2006 or thereabouts and none of those riders have been sanctioned for doping in 2010.

In relation to Armstong, the finding of the USADA for 2009 & 2010 was based on autologous transfusion (ie his own blood) - the findings in this regard are the first time that such a test has been accepted.

This new test has very interesting implications - for example one of the explanations for Bertie's positive test was that he had previously used clembuterol & he then had an transfusion which still contained traces - the evidence was said to be of plasticisers. If they applied the analysis for Armstrong to Bertie (and others) now, how many would be found to be blood doping ?