2012 Tour de France

rpmspinman

Re: 2012 Tour de France

Postby rpmspinman » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:28 pm

wombatK wrote:
rpmspinman wrote:If found, I hope the full force of the law catches up with them.
What's wrong with a public lynching ? There must have been other spectators around the scene where
this happened. Surely they could have jumped to the right conclusion and lynched them, or at least
beat the living daylights out of them :evil:
Im all for lynching, afterall, what happens in the fields of France, stays in the fields of France. :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2011 Kona Dew Plus (commuter)
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 (road)
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD

gururug

Postby gururug » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:50 am

Frank out. Doping.

ozdavo

2012 Tour de France

Postby ozdavo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:04 am

Always looking for new rides & ride partners in SE QLD area

find_bruce

2012 Tour de France

Postby find_bruce » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:06 am

gururug wrote:Frank out. Doping.
Fronky has withdrawn from le tour yes, but technically it may not be doping - cyclingnews reports that the adverse analytical finding is for Xipamide, a diuretic, which "is not specifically mentioned on WADA's prohibited substance list."

maryusdemetry

Postby maryusdemetry » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:11 am

Fresh wrote:Cadel suggesting it was Spanish fans throwing tacks in order to see LLS win (as he was up front).
They should be treated far more harshly.
Riders crash because of such !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !!. The are willingly and knowingly putting people in extreme danger.
Tacks coming down a mountain at 80km/h+ that is stupidly dangerous.

Prison time.

PawPaw

Postby PawPaw » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:41 am

Diuretics are not considered performance-enhancing but can be used to help riders lose weight, and therefore perform better in the tough mountain stages of the race.

More ominously, they can also conceal the presence of a banned drug by helping to flush it from the body through increased urination.

Strawburger

Postby Strawburger » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:04 am

rest days = doping announcements :cry:
n=10 (2013 & 2004 roads,2010 track,2x 2009 foldups,1990 hybrid,1992 trainer,2007 rental,1970's step through,1980's zeus)

clackers

Postby clackers » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:10 am

maryusdemetry wrote: Riders crash because of such mony balony.
IIRC, one guy did, Mary, and is out of the Tour.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:19 pm

find_bruce wrote:
Fronky has withdrawn from le tour yes, but technically it may not be doping - cyclingnews reports that the adverse analytical finding is for Xipamide, a diuretic, which "is not specifically mentioned on WADA's prohibited substance list."
PawPaw wrote:Diuretics are not considered performance-enhancing but can be used to help riders lose weight, and therefore perform better in the tough mountain stages of the race.

More ominously, they can also conceal the presence of a banned drug by helping to flush it from the body through increased urination.
In theory you are correct PawPaw, but that does not explain why Alexandr Kolobnev was not banned last year after testing positive to hydrochlorothiazide, which is specifically mentioned on WADA's prohibited substance list while Iljo Keisse was banned.

sogood

Postby sogood » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:33 pm

clackers wrote:IIRC, one guy did, Mary, and is out of the Tour.
With a fractured collarbone IIRC. So I agree, it's a serious offence, breaching criminality.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

clydesmcdale

2012 Tour de France

Postby clydesmcdale » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:33 pm

Interesting... imagine the early chatter in the peleton around the first part of this statement from Froome;

"If the race is out of our control, and I need to follow Evans or Nibali, then I will to keep us represented at the front. But as I've said before, I'm here to help Bradley win the Tour, and that remains the plan."

Zynster

Postby Zynster » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:40 pm

A charge of attempted murder on every member of the peleton would add up to some serious jail time.
Fausto Coppi Reparto Corse | Giant Farrago Cross

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Interesting quote from Evans.

"Sky have just shown their strength, they've come out firing. They've got eight riders here, the seven of them riding on the front have just been incredible," he said last night, ahead of today's second rest day.

"Their performance in the time trial from their two leaders was also incredible. Their riders have all come on in the best form of their lives. They ride a continuous tempo that's leading the climbers pretty empty when they get to the final. It's making it difficult to do stuff."

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:35 pm

find_bruce wrote:
find_bruce wrote:
PawPaw wrote:Diuretics are not considered performance-enhancing but can be used to help riders lose weight, and therefore perform better in the tough mountain stages of the race.

In theory you are correct PawPaw, but that does not explain why Alexandr Kolobnev was not banned last year after testing positive to hydrochlorothiazide, which is specifically mentioned on WADA's prohibited substance list while Iljo Keisse was banned.
He proved that he took it unknowingly. If Fronk can do the same, he won't be sanctioned for it. Team Radio-Schleck have pulled him because of the adverse finding. Latest news is they're searching through Luxemburg for cows with urinary problems.

Parrott

Postby Parrott » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:45 pm

Classic stage tonight with plenty of climbing. Hopefully Nibali and Cadel can put Sky in trouble early on the Tourmalet
19 km (AT) 7.4% average=pain ++
Wonder how Froome will react if Wiggins can't follow the attack?
Should be a great stage, no work tomorrow :D

sogood

Postby sogood » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:53 pm

If Cadel and Nibali can't crack Wiggins tonight and tomorrow night, then I am closing shop until the Olympic Opening Ceremony. I'll even accept Froome overtaking Wiggins as something far more entertaining than watching Wiggins drafting for hours on end.

RonK

2012 Tour de France

Postby RonK » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Yawn, jerseys decided long ago, needs a miracle or major misfortune to see any change to the standings. Would have to be the dullest TDF course for years. Tuned out now.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

sogood

Postby sogood » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:12 pm

RonK wrote:Yawn, jerseys decided long ago, needs a miracle or major misfortune to see any change to the standings. Would have to be the dullest TDF course for years. Tuned out now.
No, don't want major misfortune. If there should be any misfortune, it'll need to be minor that the other GC contenders won't feel obliged to slow down and wait. Or it'll need to be catastrophic that the rider will leave the tour.

roller

Postby roller » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:22 pm

Parrott wrote:Image

Classic stage tonight with plenty of climbing. Hopefully Nibali and Cadel can put Sky in trouble early on the Tourmalet
i rode the middle 80kms of this stage in early june. started in pierrefitte-nestalas and went over the tourmalet and then the aspin.

it was punishment of the highest order, can't wait to watch it tonight and relive the torment. :mrgreen:
inflammatory statement or idea

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:08 pm

roller wrote:

i rode the middle 80kms of this stage in early june. started in pierrefitte-nestalas and went over the tourmalet and then the aspin.

it was punishment of the highest order, can't wait to watch it tonight and relive the torment. :mrgreen:
That would have been awesome 8) What gearing did you ride roller?
FPR Ragamuffin

roller

Postby roller » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Chuck wrote:
roller wrote:

That would have been awesome 8) What gearing did you ride roller?
i can't tell you exactly (i was on a hire bike, my bike got messed up on the way to france so wasn't using it), it was a titanium bike (litespeed), shimano 105, on the back i think there was a 12-28 and a compact set of cranks on the front (not sure what though)
inflammatory statement or idea

stickgc

Postby stickgc » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:41 pm

roller wrote:
Chuck wrote:That would have been awesome 8) What gearing did you ride roller?
i can't tell you exactly ...... i think there was a 12-28 and a compact set of cranks on the front (not sure what though)
Chucky's always happy to hear other people ride compacts :mrgreen:

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:44 pm

Gonna be a long night but worth it with two HC and two Cat one climbs followed by 14 odd kms of sizzling descent before the line.

Can the Sky train be derailed? I dunno but if it's gonna happen tonight should be the stage for it.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:18 pm

BMC have two in the breakaway after the Aubisque but Sky Train still operating at full speed.

hiflange

Postby hiflange » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:57 pm

Countryside is wild tonight. Some of the chopper camerawork this evening has been spectacular.

Gotta give props to SBS for the Tour Tracker app. A wonky aerial connection to our downstairs telly means we only get SBS broadcast in the bedroom. With Tour Tracker on the iPad I can watch it anywhere. Picture quality through the AppleTV is disturbingly good and once the rest of the household is out for the count I plug the headphones in and watch in bed. The added bonus is being able to watch the race well before the broadcast time.