Frank Schleck

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Frank Schleck

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Does Fronk actually need anything in a physical sense? Negative descending skills and a TT position like a crab balancing on a golfball are his deficiencies.

Oh, I love to have a wee with Fronky, I love to have a wee with Fronk...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Yes I am disappointed that there is now a positive swab in the 2012 TdF, but I’m even more disappointed that such an experienced rider as Frank Schleck would take such a huge risk and take a banned substance as easy to detect in a urine sample as a diuretic. :shock:

That is the bit that I find so damn difficult to understand.

How hard would it be to spike a water bottle handed out to a rider with a banned substance? :?

open roader

Postby open roader » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:32 pm

greyhoundtom wrote:How hard would it be to spike a water bottle handed out to a rider with a banned substance? :?
About as easy as accidentally spilling a box or two of tacks on the road.............
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:44 am

greyhoundtom wrote:How hard would it be to spike a water bottle handed out to a rider with a banned substance? :?
i think these days they only drink from bottles handed to them by team personnel.

tallywhacker

Postby tallywhacker » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:12 pm

have thought about this and it would be relatively easy to nobble a rider. Fill a water bottle with a mixture of DMSO (dimethyl sulphoxide) with your nobbling drug of choice then on a hot mountain climb run along side the rider and either pour it over them or give it to them so they can do it themselves (have seen riders and spectators do this).
Use of DMSO in medicine dates from around 1963, when an Oregon Health & Science University Medical School team, headed by Stanley Jacob, discovered it could penetrate the skin and other membranes without damaging them and could carry other compounds into a biological system. In medicine, DMSO is predominantly used as a topical analgesic, a vehicle for topical application of pharmaceuticals, as an anti-inflammatory, and an antioxidant.[13] Because DMSO increases the rate of absorption of some compounds through organic tissues, including skin, it can be used as a drug delivery system. It is frequently compounded with antifungal medications, enabling them to penetrate not just skin but also toe and fingernails.
DMSO is easily available from veterinary suppliers. It's an anti-inflamatory linament (I have a rollon that I used when I played soccer) used mainly on horses. I read that during the cold war it was mixed with cyanide and then put on a steering wheel to permanently nobble someone.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:28 pm

the thing is though tallywhacker, it always seems to happen to the usual suspects - bertie contador, lance, frank schleck, schapelle corby. how come mother theresa never tested positive?

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:38 pm

clackers wrote:
Marto wrote:
Sad, when the Gabriel Gate cooking segment is the highlight. I'll go nuts if I have to sit through the Swisse ads for much longer.
You must be loving the erection medication ads, too, Marto. Take a pill and your house and garden go topsy turvy around you!
I think I've seen enough of 'pitching tents' on those adverts to drive me nuts, same as Swisse and "Ryan Murphy WIIINS!!!" :lol:

It's a shame that drugs have overshadowed the Tour once again. But it seems to be a select group that it happens to so far.

clackers

Postby clackers » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:55 pm

jules21 wrote:how come mother theresa never tested positive?
You'd be surprised, Jules. IIRC, Christopher Hitchens wrote a book that exposed her as a 'fanatic, fundamentalist, and a fraud'.

Blood doping was about the only thing she didn't do, apparently!

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:16 pm

clackers wrote:You'd be surprised, Jules. IIRC, Christopher Hitchens wrote a book that exposed her as a 'fanatic, fundamentalist, and a fraud'.

crikey moser's are there any clean riders?!

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:28 pm

clackers wrote:
jules21 wrote:how come mother theresa never tested positive?
You'd be surprised, Jules. IIRC, Christopher Hitchens wrote a book that exposed her as a 'fanatic, fundamentalist, and a fraud'.

That would be Mother Teresa (no h) and the book was "The Missionary Position: Mother Teresa in Theory and Practice".

I must confess that I am not aware that Agnes had history as a bike rider - must have been before my time. Which team did she ride for ?

tallywhacker

Postby tallywhacker » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:36 pm

jules21 wrote:the thing is though tallywhacker, it always seems to happen to the usual suspects - bertie contador, lance, frank schleck, schapelle corby. how come mother theresa never tested positive?
I wouldn't say the usual suspects but maybe just the high profile riders that tend to polarise people.

clackers

Postby clackers » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:37 pm

find_bruce wrote:
I must confess that I am not aware that Agnes had history as a bike rider - must have been before my time. Which team did she ride for ?
I think it was for Opus Dei in the Giro, Bruce! :grin:

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:04 pm

tallywhacker wrote:I wouldn't say the usual suspects but maybe just the high profile riders that tend to polarise people.
all of those people i mentioned had form - either with connections to Dr Fuentes, Dr Ferrari, or trafficking weed :)

the riders with clean records - they never seem to be 'poisoned' or eat dodgy beef.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:05 pm

jules21 wrote:the thing is though tallywhacker, it always seems to happen to the usual suspects - bertie contador, lance, frank schleck, schapelle corby. how come mother theresa never tested positive?
Y'know something? First up reading this I didn't read the posters name and me first thought was "Goodonyer Womble..." :oops:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:17 pm

Mulger bill wrote:Y'know something? First up reading this I didn't read the posters name and me first thought was "Goodonyer Womble..." :oops:
do i take that as a compliment? :)

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:44 pm

Why not? It wasn't meant as an insult :wink:
London Boy 29/12/2011

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:07 pm

Mulger bill wrote:Does Fronk actually need anything in a physical sense? Negative descending skills and a TT position like a crab balancing on a golfball are his deficiencies.

Oh, I love to have a wee with Fronky, I love to have a wee with Fronk...
This cracked me up! :lol: :lol:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:10 pm

jules21 wrote:
i think these days they only drink from bottles handed to them by team personnel.
You would be right on this Jules! :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km