Cycle The Nullabor

paul flewitt

Cycle The Nullabor

Postby paul flewitt » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:51 pm

I have been looking to cycle the nullabor for sometime now and would perfer to go along with a group rather than on my own if any body is willing to let me in.
That's it really and I'd prefer the New Year if possible but we can chat more if I get any replies...

trimike

Re: Cycle The Nullabor

Postby trimike » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi John

I'm hoping to cycle the Nullabor some time next year. Which direction are you wanting to go ?

Mike

iacl

Postby iacl » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi, I am considering Perth to Adelaide around 26 June to 26 July 2013. Self supported. Probably going by the coast route and eyre peninsular, crossing on the Lucky Bay to Wallaroo ferry. Flying to Perth and training back to Sydney from Adelaide.

Bit cooler temps than what your planning.

trimike

Postby trimike » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi iacl

I was planning to cycle the Nullabor sometime in May, but June could work for me also. Would be cooler, not sure about which way the winds blow though. Let me know if you wanted to pair up to do the cycle.

Mike

John Lewis

Postby John Lewis » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:03 pm

iacl wrote:Hi, I am considering Perth to Adelaide around 26 June to 26 July 2013. Self supported. Probably going by the coast route and eyre peninsular, crossing on the Lucky Bay to Wallaroo ferry. Flying to Perth and training back to Sydney from Adelaide.

Bit cooler temps than what your planning.
Make sure you check to see if the ferry is running.
Friends rode across in August two or three years ago. They arrived at Wallaroo to find the ferry wasn't running.

John

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:09 pm

Ferry is running just crossed on it.

Ricky

iacl

Postby iacl » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:34 am

trimike wrote:Hi iacl

I was planning to cycle the Nullabor sometime in May, but June could work for me also. Would be cooler, not sure about which way the winds blow though. Let me know if you wanted to pair up to do the cycle.

Mike
Hi Mike,

Not able to fully commit to this until Feb next year, work/study drive my free time (like most). Happy for company if interested. I believe the wind is mostly from the west at this time, though from what I've read you can't always rely on this. As mentioned, at the moment the ferry is working.

Antony