2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

westab

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby westab » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:04 am

Mugglechops wrote:
westab wrote:Inside the top ten now - 9th at least for a day or so. :D

Don't look behind mugglechops - it might slow you down cause your my next target - inside 200kms :wink: - thats only 9 hours :roll:
I am trying to do at least 40kms a day on the 4 days I ride to work. Just to stay ahead of you. :D
mmmm ..... lets see 4 x 40 = 160kms/ week - 9.7 x 10 + extras = ~105 kms / week. You are still 55km / week ahead

Blast it muggles I don't like that maths - there might just have to be a longer way to work, to the shops, to swimming, or to the local park we used to drive to. Thanks mate you are helping get rid of the last 3kgs of Christmas cheer that too residence on my fat gut last year and helping get ready for this years parties.

Kenzo you are right to lol at me - you could most likely go further and faster on one leg (hope the other is healing OK and you are back soon). :D
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:58 am

Not laughing at you - laughing with you. :mrgreen:
I rode in this morning, knee was a bit ginger but got better as I warmed up (a little... was cool again this morning).
Left home before sun-up and it was nice and quiet allowing me to ride slow on the normally busier roads.
Knee is not complaining to me some three or four hours later so I am looking OK for the ride home too!

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:45 pm

westab wrote:
Mugglechops wrote:
westab wrote:Inside the top ten now - 9th at least for a day or so. :D

Don't look behind mugglechops - it might slow you down cause your my next target - inside 200kms :wink: - thats only 9 hours :roll:
I am trying to do at least 40kms a day on the 4 days I ride to work. Just to stay ahead of you. :D
mmmm ..... lets see 4 x 40 = 160kms/ week - 9.7 x 10 + extras = ~105 kms / week. You are still 55km / week ahead

Blast it muggles I don't like that maths - there might just have to be a longer way to work, to the shops, to swimming, or to the local park we used to drive to. Thanks mate you are helping get rid of the last 3kgs of Christmas cheer that too residence on my fat gut last year and helping get ready for this years parties.

Kenzo you are right to lol at me - you could most likely go further and faster on one leg (hope the other is healing OK and you are back soon). :D
I missed a day this week so only managed 120kms. I think my 126km MTB ride on Saturday was my undoing. Next week is 6am starts so I may struggle with 40kms a day.

westab

Postby westab » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:09 am

Kenzo wrote:Knee is not complaining to me some three or four hours later so I am looking OK for the ride home too!
Good to hear the knee is getting better - and that you are out there again. :D

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:48 am

westab wrote:
Kenzo wrote:Knee is not complaining to me some three or four hours later so I am looking OK for the ride home too!
Good to hear the knee is getting better - and that you are out there again. :D
Thanks - thing is - to compensate for my injured right knee - I pushed my arthritic left harder... so guess why I didn't ride today. :roll: :mrgreen:
Will try out the knee on some MTB trails tomorrow. Have to avoid out of the saddle riding as that seems to be the pedalling action when the knee hurts.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:42 pm

have been nibbling at simonn's (P3) heels all week. Unfortunately with a scheduled day off yesterday, he's got away from me again. And with this rediculous strava challenge starting sunday week, he has at least 3 weeks of relief.

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:26 pm

jasonc wrote:have been nibbling at simonn's (P3) heels all week. Unfortunately with a scheduled day off yesterday, he's got away from me again. And with this rediculous strava challenge starting sunday week, he has at least 3 weeks of relief.
three weeks is time enough for me to even up the difference.. and maybe find my mojo.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:12 pm

Kenzo wrote:
jasonc wrote:have been nibbling at simonn's (P3) heels all week. Unfortunately with a scheduled day off yesterday, he's got away from me again. And with this rediculous strava challenge starting sunday week, he has at least 3 weeks of relief.
three weeks is time enough for me to even up the difference.. and maybe find my mojo.
i gather you're suggesting P3 is not mine and never will be?

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:50 pm

jasonc wrote:
Kenzo wrote:
i gather you're suggesting P3 is not mine and never will be?
Only if you continue with this strava caper.... because you know another will run before the end of the year, putting you further behind here...
Even if we know you do the stravacomps... the results themselves are eternal... :twisted:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:41 pm

Kenzo wrote:Only if you continue with this strava caper.... because you know another will run before the end of the year, putting you further behind here...
Even if we know you do the stravacomps... the results themselves are eternal... :twisted:
:evil:

My problem is I'm a sucker for a challenge. All I have to do is drop my coot-tha (4 days this week) and I can add lots of kms but at the moment, it's "good for me". will stretch out the kms after this challenge just for you - especially if this weather hangs around

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:20 am

jasonc wrote:
Kenzo wrote:Only if you continue with this strava caper.... because you know another will run before the end of the year, putting you further behind here...

My problem is I'm a sucker for a challenge. All I have to do is drop my coot-tha (4 days this week) and I can add lots of kms but at the moment, it's "good for me". will stretch out the kms after this challenge just for you - especially if this weather hangs around
I guess you are talking about the 1788 Strava challenge coming up??? I am going to give this a go myself, like you Jason, I am a sucker for a challenge.

I had a look at my calender and if I do my normal riding I will achieve this challenge with about 10 k's spare (above the total). This is no extra riding of any sort. My biggest problem or hurdle to this is my flat frequency. It really is becoming an issue with the current tyres.

I have ordered the Marathon Plus 25 mm tyres and am hoping this will fix my problem. I even put tyre liner in my rear tyre on the weekend...got a flat on the rear this morning...just can't win lol. Checked tyre and nothing huge was in it, so am wondering why the tyre liner didnt stop it.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:27 am

gretaboy wrote:
jasonc wrote:

I guess you are talking about the 1788 Strava challenge coming up??? I am going to give this a go myself, like you Jason, I am a sucker for a challenge.
nope - that one is impossible for me at the moment. This is the one I'm doing:

http://app.strava.com/challenges/rapha- ... e-of-death
Climb 6,881 meters, the combined elevation of the Circle of Death, July 15-22.

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:44 am

The last time I commuted by bike was 5/7/12... :(
So many things getting in the way - mostly ilness.. Catching the bus with more sick people hasn't helped either.
Followed by a trip to Sydney last week with so many other passengers coughing and spluttering.... One inconsiderate bstard sneezed as he was walking up the aisle... didn't even bother to cover his face. First beautiful day in BNE in a while - and now I'm sick ... AGAIN! :evil:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:57 am

Kenzo wrote:The last time I commuted by bike was 5/7/12... :(
So many things getting in the way - mostly ilness.. Catching the bus with more sick people hasn't helped either.
Followed by a trip to Sydney last week with so many other passengers coughing and spluttering.... One inconsiderate bstard sneezed as he was walking up the aisle... didn't even bother to cover his face. First beautiful day in BNE in a while - and now I'm sick ... AGAIN! :evil:
it's ok kenzo - I'm in the excuses thread. Have a sick daughter so no commuting this week

BeerRider

Postby BeerRider » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:20 pm

I've had a few excuses recently as well. Been busy at work, been sick, moved house and just generally didn't really feel like it on some days. Today I got back in the saddle from the new place trying to work out a new route. It's about 10km extra, so today I did 32.7km in. I'm not riding home though as it will be a late one.

Although I'm no where near the top I'm still enjoying the challenge and it's interesting to see how far some people commute.

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:03 am

I should move up into 7th place after tomorrows commute.

But only because Christina seems to be MIA :D

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:39 am

Yes, I hope Christina is OK. There was a scary traffic moment for Christina a while back and riding seems to have petered off since.

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:18 am

Kenzo wrote:Yes, I hope Christina is OK. There was a scary traffic moment for Christina a while back and riding seems to have petered off since.
That's not good. I didn't know about that.

Christina Brinkmann

Postby Christina Brinkmann » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:06 pm

Mugglechops wrote:I should move up into 7th place after tomorrows commute.

But only because Christina seems to be MIA :D
Thank you for your concern fellas. I am still commuting but just don't seem to get the time to enter my trips. YOu are welcome to my spot Mugglechops. :wink:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:08 am

I'm baaaack

Am coming after P3

westab

Postby westab » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:19 am

Finally got a chance to enter my rides over the last 3 weeks - the school holidays put a dent in my kms and my ability to enter them. Still am out there riding and it is getting easier as the days get longer.

Will be aiming for 120kms per week from now to the end of the year to ensure that I get to my target of 5000km. I have only just passed half way so I need to turn it up a little. :D

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:07 pm

westab wrote:Finally got a chance to enter my rides over the last 3 weeks - the school holidays put a dent in my kms and my ability to enter them. Still am out there riding and it is getting easier as the days get longer.

Will be aiming for 120kms per week from now to the end of the year to ensure that I get to my target of 5000km. I have only just passed half way so I need to turn it up a little. :D
You caught me up in a hurry. Only 80 or so kms commuting for me this week. Riding home at 2am takes its toll.

westab

Postby westab » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:51 am

Mugglechops wrote:
westab wrote:Finally got a chance to enter my rides over the last 3 weeks - the school holidays put a dent in my kms and my ability to enter them. Still am out there riding and it is getting easier as the days get longer.

You caught me up in a hurry. Only 80 or so kms commuting for me this week. Riding home at 2am takes its toll.
Sorry for not logging rides - yes it was a little sneaky but not intentional (the internet at home had been playing up) - will be back logging regularly from now on for a while.

More importantly - stay safe riding that time of the morning. You are gamer than I riding at that time - 10pm is the limit I usually try to stick to.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:48 am

So I'm 260kms behind Simonn in 3rd. Monday the assault starts

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:07 pm

westab wrote:
Mugglechops wrote:

Sorry for not logging rides - yes it was a little sneaky but not intentional (the internet at home had been playing up) - will be back logging regularly from now on for a while.

More importantly - stay safe riding that time of the morning. You are gamer than I riding at that time - 10pm is the limit I usually try to stick to.
No worries mate. You have nearly caught me too.

Back to a normal week and I plan on doing 45kms every day :D