Wollombi Wild Ride

JustJames

Wollombi Wild Ride

Postby JustJames » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:45 pm

Anybody riding it?

Anybody ridden it before?

I've entered the 45 km, and wondering what I've let myself in for.
My bike blog. Long on rumination, rambling and opinion. Why let facts ruin everything?

http://pedallingcharm.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bychosis

Re: Wollombi Wild Ride

Postby bychosis » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:43 pm

Have done the 60 previously x2 and 30x1. This year the course is longer, i 45 and 75. There are a few climbs and a ripper descent you got to do twice on the 60, and I assume the 75 this time. Not sure how the updated course is is different. Not a lot of good MTB trails previously, mostly fire road and the sort you could take a 2wd on. There is a bit of paddock and some overgrown fire trail.

Has been a good event and improving, interesting to see what the turnout is like for this year now its part of the Real Insurance series.. Its a local day trip for me from Lake Macquarie area as opposed to a weekend overnighter. I dont think I would travel to far for this one, the trail is just not in the ball park of Highland Fling or Convict 100.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

JustJames

Postby JustJames » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Cool!

Sounds like it won't be too taxing then. As I've only get a month to get trained for it, the route sounds about perfick.
My bike blog. Long on rumination, rambling and opinion. Why let facts ruin everything?

http://pedallingcharm.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

albe

Postby albe » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:01 am

Doing it for the first time, 45 ...am still feeling a pretty slack winter so am hoping to get some k's up before then. I have driven out there before and wondered what the trails were like...dont mind fire trails myself so should be fun.

tubby74

Postby tubby74 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:48 pm

Just put in my entry for the 45. First time doing a mtb event.

JustJames

Postby JustJames » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Fun event. Zero single track, but lovely scenery and very well organised weather.

We stayed over and made a weekend of it, which was heaps of fun.

Worth doing if you just want a morning riding in the countryside, but avoid if nothing less than single track will suffice.