Cyclist hit in Wynnum

darkelf921

Cyclist hit in Wynnum

Postby darkelf921 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:20 pm

To the cyclist who was hit in Florence St, Wynnum today, I hope you're okay. The firies and ambos being there didn't look good. I was going to stop and offer help with your bike but there was just too many people there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My YouTube http://goo.gl/UlJrkN Channel

foo on patrol

Re: Cyclist hit in Wynnum

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Never a good sign! :(

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:10 pm

:| Was this on the Esplanande or down the street?

PawPaw

Postby PawPaw » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:49 pm

darkelf, I'd encourage you to stop and see if you can help.
a similar thing happened to a mate of mine a few weeks ago. firies turned up first, then ambo....broken collar bone but very painful. he got taken to hospital.
no one thought to get contact details of witnesses, the victim, rego number of car that hit, or to tell the victim where his bike got to.
presence of mind to get details like that is more likely to come from another cyclist (aware of the hassle caused by accidents) than the ambos, firies, and many first aiders.

darkelf921

Postby darkelf921 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:27 pm

I certainly looked at asking. This was on the corner of Florence St (just opposite Coles). Honestly, the ambulance officers had the rider in a stretcher, the fire truck and crew had half of the road blocked off and there would have been at least thirty people around. The police weren't there (which in Wynnum means it wasn't a fatality). I also was in Coles when it happened so I didn't witness it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:29 pm

That's a great thought, Pawpaw

SpinninWheels

Postby SpinninWheels » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:29 pm

It certainly wasn't a good weekend for cyclists.

There was another one in Wynnum, just around the corner from this one on Glenorie Street. My wife saw it happen and stopped to lend a hand and called the police and ambo's. The car involved stopped about 50mtrs up the road, had a look back then took off! She thought it had trade plates on it, so could have been a test drive out of one of the many car dealers around.

I also saw a guy down around Brendale, didn't look good.

I hope all involved in the accidents are OK.

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:05 pm

SpinninWheels wrote:It certainly wasn't a good weekend for cyclists.

There was another one in Wynnum, just around the corner from this one on Glenorie Street. My wife saw it happen and stopped to lend a hand and called the police and ambo's. The car involved stopped about 50mtrs up the road, had a look back then took off!

Disgusting

Hit and runs should have mandatory gaol terms :evil:
2012 Oppy A4

darkelf921

Postby darkelf921 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:15 pm

KonaCommuter wrote:

There was another one in Wynnum, just around the corner from this one on Glenorie Street. My wife saw it happen and stopped to lend a hand and called the police and ambo's. The car involved stopped about 50mtrs up the road, had a look back then took off!

Disgusting

Hit and runs should have mandatory gaol terms :evil:
+1

I wear a helmet cam for these possibilities. However you always hope to hell they never happen.

niteridr

Postby niteridr » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:44 pm

There was another one in Wynnum, just around the corner from this one on Glenorie Street. My wife saw it happen and stopped to lend a hand and called the police and ambo's. The car involved stopped about 50mtrs up the road, had a look back then took off! She thought it had trade plates on it, so could have been a test drive out of one of the many car dealers around.

I also saw a guy down around Brendale, didn't look good.

I hope all involved in the accidents are OK.
Hi SpinningWheels

I'm the rider who got knocked over on the corner of Glenora and McFadden St's that your wife attended. Do you know if she has given a statement to the police? They are have significant difficulty tracking down both the vehicle and driver that hit me.

Regards

niteridr

SpinninWheels

Postby SpinninWheels » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi niteridr,

Firstly, hope you're doing ok mate.

No she didn't. There was another whitness there who offered to provide details so she left it to him (car full of kids heading to rugby).

She would be happy to help. PM me your contact details and we'll get in touch.

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:27 pm

Firstly niteridr - I hope that you are OK

Secondly - what PawPaw has said just rang true.
PawPaw wrote:I'd encourage you to stop and see if you can help.
a similar thing happened to a mate of mine a few weeks ago. firies turned up first, then ambo....broken collar bone but very painful. he got taken to hospital.
no one thought to get contact details of witnesses, the victim, rego number of car that hit, or to tell the victim where his bike got to.
presence of mind to get details like that is more likely to come from another cyclist (aware of the hassle caused by accidents) than the ambos, firies, and many first aiders.

niteridr wrote: I'm the rider who got knocked over on the corner of Glenora and McFadden St's that your wife attended. Do you know if she has given a statement to the police? They are have significant difficulty tracking down both the vehicle and driver that hit me.

Regards

niteridr

Lastly and facetiously "I guess nitridr was hit by a cyclist because everyone knows that if they had a rego plate then it would have been reported by all the witnesses" :roll:
2012 Oppy A4

niteridr

Postby niteridr » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:26 pm

KonaCommuter wrote:Firstly niteridr - I hope that you are OK

Secondly - what PawPaw has said just rang true.
PawPaw wrote:I'd encourage you to stop and see if you can help.

niteridr wrote: I'm the rider who got knocked over on the corner of Glenora and McFadden St's that your wife attended. Do you know if she has given a statement to the police? They are have significant difficulty tracking down both the vehicle and driver that hit me.

Regards

niteridr

Lastly and facetiously "I guess nitridr was hit by a cyclist because everyone knows that if they had a rego plate then it would have been reported by all the witnesses" :roll:
Two fractures low down in my pelvis, right side. Stress fractures in the down tube of my bike. Is all a real bugger as I've been training for the 2012 Ride to Conquer Cancer in 2 ish weeks
No mate I was hit by a car in a hit and run. Unfortunately none of the witnesses interviewed by the police so far got the plate details.