Logan City Charity Bike Ride

Sauce

Logan City Charity Bike Ride

Postby Sauce » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:35 pm

Is anyone doing this ride? http://loganbikeride.org.au/
Three courses on offer - 90km, 40km, and a Family Fun ride. The 90km course actually comes out to around 98km's by my measurement.

It is on tomorrow, Sunday the 29th of July. It is too late to register online now, but you can still register in-person at the Logan Entertainment Center, or on the morning of the ride as late as 6am.

I have plotted the 90km course for those interested.

kljubic

Re: Logan City Charity Bike Ride

Postby kljubic » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:40 pm

I did the 40km yesterday.. Two achievments for the day 1st was getting out of bed at 4.45am to get there and register by 6am...soooo cold.. and the other was actually doing the ride... I have done 50km before but that is 25km before work and 25km after.. so this was my longest official ride..i did it in 1hr and 50min.
It was great to see so many people there and everyone was so friendly. It was a great event an i certainly hope to do it again next year..may even be in the 90km next year.

Sauce

Postby Sauce » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:26 pm

kljubic wrote:I did the 40km yesterday.. Two achievments for the day 1st was getting out of bed at 4.45am to get there and register by 6am...soooo cold.. and the other was actually doing the ride... I have done 50km before but that is 25km before work and 25km after.. so this was my longest official ride..i did it in 1hr and 50min.
It was great to see so many people there and everyone was so friendly. It was a great event an i certainly hope to do it again next year..may even be in the 90km next year.
Great to hear! It was much smaller than some of the other rides I have done (Ipswich100, Mt Coot-tha Challenge) but there was a good friendly atmosphere. You're right about the cold... I think I'll be taping up the vents on my shoes next time!

Damaged People

Postby Damaged People » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:16 pm

Are there any rides that are not for charity. It's turning into a sausage sizzle scenario :evil: