Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

simmo71

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby simmo71 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Purchased some sks chromoplastic P45 fenders from c r c for my commuter, they arrived in about 14 days which is fine. The sore point I have is they stuffed them into a box probably designed for 20-24" wheels.

As a result there was a bend in the rear fender approximately 25cm from one end. A bit shoddy trying to save money on postage I think.

Fortunately i was able to straighten the thermoplastic out by placing it under the hot water tap and applying gentle pressure. Having said that, I am happy the way they look and perform in the wet!

jzr

Postby jzr » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:24 pm

Usually order most things from Wiggle or Cycling Express but for the first time ordered from PBK. Free shipping at the mo' so when I forgot something I just put another order in. Both orders arrived at work within 15 minutes of each other although shipped out on different days. Thought that was interesting.

My first order - had 2 pairs of socks and a pair of booties. I get one pair of socks, the booties and a bar stem?!?! Different brand, completely different item - no idea how that happened. Stem = $125, socks I ordered $22. Needless to say, the socks are of course now out of stock and I was desperate for them right now - very cold and I don't have any decent winter ones. Only way to contact them is via the contact form so I am now patiently waiting for their suggested resolution. Unless they send me a reply paid envelope, there's no way I'm bothering to front up to the PO and send them their stem back so be interesting to see what they decide to do. Anyone else care to share an experience with an order error from PBK and how it went??

In contrast - ordered from Bicycles Express online store (they're in Adelaide and I work in Adelaide metro). They had Michelin Pro Race 3's for $32 (cheaper than Wiggle). Admittedly, 'postage' cost me $8 but I wasn't complaining when I ordered at 1pm and they were on my desk by 4:30 that afternoon - cheapest courier I've ever used! Awesome service.

Peacewise

Postby Peacewise » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:29 pm

lol, spose wince wiggins tour is over c r c got time to process my order.

Ordered jersey, bibnix and full fingered gloves on 3rd of July, they arrived today.
Ordered base layer and a jacket on the 11th of July, they also arrived today.

The Campagnolo Tech Motion Light windproof jackets' zip is sticky, I've put some dry lube graphite on it, hopefully it free's up.
If it doesn't free up I spose I'll have to request a replacement. What's c r c like for clothing warranties?

and yozzers, that "light" jacket is light, yee gods, it's about as thick as a condom.
Keep flexing, spinning, rolling, coasting, pushing, pulling, drafting, sprinting, time trialling, touring, climbing, descending, hot dogging, crit-ing, racing, weaving, dodging, dropping, tanking, chasing... but most of all - just keep f'ing riding!

gossy

Postby gossy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:58 am

Ordered a heap of items from c r c on 17th July, arrived at my door at 5:30pm on 23rd July.
Miracles do happen.

zebedee

Postby zebedee » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:09 pm

zebedee wrote:
zebedee wrote:
zebedee wrote:just recieved my fulcrum zeros from shinybikes.co.uk. order placed on 16th may, delivered on 28th may.
best price i could find online.
..........now the long wait unitl i finish work so i can go home and try them out.
Went to fit these this morning, devestated, they sent me the campy version and I need SRAM compatible.

Will I have to send these back or can the freehub be changed?
still waiting on the freehub body, these wheels are 5 weeks leaning against my shed wall. shinybikes.........i dont know what to say.
Well guys, 10 weeks since I placed my initial order I have received my replacement hub body. This is apparently the third body they have sent me; the first two are yet to appear. I think this falls into the bad experience category.

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:33 pm

9 days and counting for my last Wiggle order :? . Depressing when ive only waited 3 days for smaller orders in the past.

Hammo

Postby Hammo » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:07 am

Is that working days?

Mine has been 7 working days for a Ribble order, I imagine it will arrive mid to late next week hopefully!

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:14 pm

Hammo wrote:Is that working days?
No, It's arrived now and ended up taking 8 working days but not to my surrpise they have pulled the mail forwarding shifty again and the return address on a Wiggle box is a Melbourne address.

MADCAP

Postby MADCAP » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:06 pm

cycling-monton "Man its been 2 weeks and still no item, yeah they sent me EMS tracking number but it doesn't work, and they even told me it didn't work on there end, anyways i have a PAYPAL dispute with them and we are still waiting to see the item here in Australia... Hopefully tomorrow it arrives but i won't count on it

Anyone used this mob?

simonr23

Postby simonr23 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:12 pm

i've used ribble and wiggle 3 times each this year. ribble have been cheaper, like for like, but shipping is slower.

wiggle 6-8 days(weekend included)
ribble 14-20 days(ditto)

both pack their goods secure and safely.

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:58 pm

MADCAP wrote:cycling-monton "Man its been 2 weeks and still no item, yeah they sent me EMS tracking number but it doesn't work, and they even told me it didn't work on there end, anyways i have a PAYPAL dispute with them and we are still waiting to see the item here in Australia... Hopefully tomorrow it arrives but i won't count on it

Anyone used this mob?

If its the same as the ebay one yep used them a few times with no problems. China postage takes sometimes 3 weeks which is written on all their listings Ive seen.

sir_camel

Postby sir_camel » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:11 pm

Purchased a Campagnolo Zonda wheelset from Wiggle last Thursday 26 July at about 1.00am. Arrived on my doorstep today, Monday 30 July at 11.00am. Didn't pay for priority dispatch or fast shipping. Just free shipping. Couldn't be happier.

The wheels came in VERY good packaging too. No chance of buckling in that box.
Bikes Bikes Bikes

Hammo

Postby Hammo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:33 pm

That's really good, Ribble is much slower! I placed my order on the 18th and I am still waiting!!

qeaou

Postby qeaou » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:14 pm

wiggle - great service - no problems
alwaysriding.co.uk - same

ebay - depends on who you are dealing with of course,
but "the pros closet" is a reseller of goods from Colorado - bought two items from them. Great

Clothing from overseas - you can sometimes find better deals on Amazon than on ebay

In AU:
cyclingdeal - price leader on low end stuff. great service, no problems, but don't go to them for premium things - they just don' have it.

mclala

Postby mclala » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:45 pm

Another good wiggle experience, Ordered two separate orders 21st and 22nd both small but they had a free delivery special at the time. Both orders arrived today in the mail.

Always happy with the delivery speed.
Giant Defy Composite 3

zebedee

Postby zebedee » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:07 pm

placed an order this morning with cellbikes in sydney, a couple of tyres and tubes. dispatched 6 hrs later, cant complain about that.

scirocco

Postby scirocco » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:09 pm

qeaou wrote:"the pros closet" is a reseller of goods from Colorado - bought two items from them. Great.
+1. Multiple purchases, always good selection and prices and shipping is as fast as you can expect from the US.

Hammo

Postby Hammo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:14 am

Ribble stuff finally arrived today! I might stick with Wiggle from now on!

Johndec

Postby Johndec » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:32 pm

If anyone is thinking of ordering from bikes.com.au please, no matter how good the deal is, take a deep breath and hit the back button on your browser... My story follows wiith the possibly slanderous bits removed, :shock:

Day 1: Wednesday 25/7/12. Decide I'd like to get a trainer to keep up the fitness on crappy days. Notice a post here mentioning that bikes.com.au have the Jet Black Z1 for a good price including free shipping. I'll get to the free shipping later. Go to their website, sign up and order said trainer. Money whipped out of my paypal account within minutes. Before ordering I check their shipping FAQ and see that all sales except for complete bikes are sent via Auspost which suits me great as I have a Post Office box and there is rarely anyone home to accept courier deliveries so I give my PO Box as the delivery address.

Day 6: Send them a "where is my trainer" email. Expected that Melbourne to Sydney should have happened by now. I get an email back stating that their couriers can't deliver to a PO Box and they tried to ring me. I check my phone and there is no missed calls and no messages on my messagebank. I smell a rat but do the right thing and email them my street address. I wonder why if the phone call failed( I double checked, they had my correct number) , why didn't the email me? I also point out that their site states that they ship via Auspost but they don't bother to reply to that...

Day 7: Note that their website still shows my order is still listed as "in progress". I send another email inquiring if there is ANOTHER problem.. No reply.

Day 8: Order shipped via Toll couriers. Huh? Don't care. It's finally on its way.

Day 9 (Today): Toll tracking tells me to expect delivery today. Keep the missus chained to the lounge as I don't want a missed delivery. She had stuff to do but graciously puts it off for me. Married a good'un :D I get home at about 6pm. No delivery... Check Toll tracking and in 30 hours the package had moved from Melbourne to ................. Melbourne!! I'm not surprised that the V8 supercars they sponsor are slow.

Day 13: The new expected delivery date from Toll. I tried to do the right thing and order an Australian product from an Australian company and at the end of the day I could of got it quicker and cheaper from Ribble/Wiggle/c r c. Sorry OZ companies, you've lost me. Sticking with the Poms....

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:51 am

Ordered from Merlin Cyles Thursday night (Aus time) - package arrived 4 days later.

Brilliant!!
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

michael_w

Postby michael_w » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:47 pm

Purchased a new saddle from velogear on Thursday nite from the comfort of my couch and received it in yesterdays mail. Always a pleasure to deal with them and I always find the service fast and friendly

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:39 pm

MADCAP wrote:cycling-monton "Man its been 2 weeks and still no item, yeah they sent me EMS tracking number but it doesn't work, and they even told me it didn't work on there end, anyways i have a PAYPAL dispute with them and we are still waiting to see the item here in Australia... Hopefully tomorrow it arrives but i won't count on it

Anyone used this mob?
Yes a few times, you have to be patient, can take a month or so, I think they make the goods to order.

bomber

Postby bomber » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:56 pm

Ordered a bunch of stuff of Wiggle Friday 10th August 4pm local time and it was on my desk by 10am this morning the 13th August.

Massively impressed...

santacruzscott

Postby santacruzscott » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:54 pm

bomber wrote:Ordered a bunch of stuff of Wiggle Friday 10th August 4pm local time and it was on my desk by 10am this morning the 13th August.

Massively impressed...

WOW.

Wish my order from Wiggle had been that quick.

Ordered several things on the 17th of July , order was processed on the same day.

Still waiting .................... :(

Got an email from them on the 1st of August asking me if I was happy with my order that I recently received , and would I like to review some of the items :evil:

Just sent them an email.

27 days for postage from the UK :roll:

I deliver parcels as part of my job , and today I delivered several that had been posted on the 2nd of August.

Awaiting their reply this evening..........................

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:19 pm

santacruzscott wrote:
27 days for postage from the UK :roll:
My PBK order from the UK just arrived. Took about the same amount of time.