The frame doesn't fit so pass it around trade game

utedeej

The frame doesn't fit so pass it around trade game

Postby utedeej » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:22 pm

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but this crazy "affliction/hobby" means that i pick up frames and bikes a bit willy nilly sometimes. If it looks like a good deal, they can be hard to leave behind i find, even if they aren't the right size. Anyway, some i fix up for friends and others seem to stay in the pile, whispering to me, tsk tsk tsk, what is your wife going to think about me :).

So, with inspiration from Bike Forums, i thought we could have a look at a frame specific trade topic as I quite like the idea of swapping bits and pieces with other like minded individuals rather than sell sometimes. I know we have the Swap Meet topic that has worked a little bit for some of us, but i thought a topic that focussed on frames might be a good idea. I hope some of you do too.

The kind of details i think that we could include are:

Seat tube c-c
Top tube c-c
Seatpost size
700c/27" wheels
Bottom bracket thread
Rear dropout width
Where is it located and are you willing to ship

Posted pics would be great. I've only really had time to brain dump down the idea here and i'm sure there are some people smarter than me out there that might have something to add. Anyway, i'll try and add some pics and details of frames i have tomorrow, but i've got a few to put up.

Yours in the joy of trading something and keeping our better halves happy that more cash isn't going out the door - utedeej :D

LG

Re: The frame doesn't fit so pass it around trade game

Postby LG » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:26 pm

Yep, 'd be interested in seeing this thread. Seem to pick up bikes for parts etc with frames that aren't my size reasonably regularly.
LG = Low Gear

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:31 pm

I should get out the tape measure and scales. Have a few "dinky" sized frames that are too small for me which are decent enough quality wise and why I haven't turfed them - or marked them for disection with the ol' gas axe :twisted:

I am in the ball park of 60cm +/-1 ST;High 50s TT.

I guess preference would be to swap in Perth or Southern Metro - but would be happy to do a postal swap for some rough equivalencies when I pull my finger out and document.
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

morini

Postby morini » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:25 pm

Sounds like a good idea.

Unfortunately I'm after the same size frame as the Happy Humber but luckily he's on the other side side of the plate. I've got various frames I should move on such as a Maruishi Aero tubed Premier, a Gitane, a Peugeot, a very light Apollo, a Puch, a 70's Nishiki Olympic, a Technotrat Europa. There's probably a few more but I'd have to go and look up in the roof of the shed.
Like all of us I also want to keep all of them but there comes a point when you just have to let go..................or swap.

Cheers
Chris

utedeej

Postby utedeej » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:50 pm

So one frame that i've got is a Nervex lugged beauty. Not beautiful at the moment, but would look great with a new lick of paint. Originally bought it when i needed a couple of smaller frames when i was doing a bike up for a friend - turned out to be too big for her. Has proper nervex lugs, not copies. Specs are:

54cm c-c seat tube
56cm c-c top tube
26.8 seat post size - tight fit at the moment, but haven't cleaned the seat tube out.
Frame weight roughly 1.95kg (taken balancing on kitchen scales - gotta get me a set of luggage scales)
Fork weight roughly 0.79kg.
27" wheels i reckon
120mm rear spacing
Front fork dropouts stamped Brev Campagnolo

I'd love to keep it and do it up like some of those nice Mercian jobbies, but too small so no point. So if anyone is interested in a trade, i would like something similar in a 58/59 seat tube. Or what else do you have if you are interested.

utedeej

Postby utedeej » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:36 am

I've also got this Road Tourer frame and forks only that i could swap. http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 23&t=51420.

He posts, hoping that others may play - but they're probably all too interested at the moment in the upcoming Noosa fun (lucky devils, and not just because it would be warm up there). :)

xcx

Postby xcx » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:36 pm

I have this available:

http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... cm#p814881

Plus a 58cm Avanti Corsa with a really nice Kinesis carbon fork, and also a 57cm square track. Will endeavour to get details of these up soon.

utedeej

Postby utedeej » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:39 pm

What size frames are you looking for xcx?

xcx

Postby xcx » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Oh sorry, around 60-62cm ST and around 58cm TT.

utedeej

Postby utedeej » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:29 pm

Well the Nervex lugged beauty is no longer available. On its way up to Sydney to see Rollin as we speak.

I hope you enjoy it - god i wish that it was that few centimetres bigger :(

rollin

Postby rollin » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Thanks man, I bet that's what your wife says all the time....had to say it

utedeej

Postby utedeej » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:53 am

Thanks for your kind thoughts, but my family life is very happy thank you :)

Hope you enjoy it, sounds like a great build that you've got planned.

silverlight

Postby silverlight » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Ok im adding this into this category..
Its a standish aero made frameset (top and seat tube) and the is quite appealing with the race flag.
It would date 1960's and really is unique and make a great road or fixed bike. The top tube has "sportstour"
Also never seen dropouts like this before that they are flat. More images available if needed.
Looking to trade a vintage frame or vintage parts (Campagnolo super record are ideal :) or make an offer

Anyone

utedeej

Postby utedeej » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:42 pm

Thanks Rollin, the package arrived today (keep your mind out of the gutter now) :D

Once i get them on the Diamond Back, i'll post some pics.

LG

Postby LG » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:07 am

A couple bikes from left field. I did have plans originally, but I guess these don't really do it for me and I now know I'm not going to get around to them. My interests lie in old road bikes in about a 58cm frame. I should be able to freight these if needed, just ask.

Old roadmaster with 20" westwood style wheels. May be of some interest to somebody as a project?

Yamaha moto-bike. The drive side crank is bent but other than that it's pretty much all there. I know these are of some value and collectable in the early BMX circles. I don't think they are made of steel, pretty sure it's lead. Must be close to 20kg in this thing.
LG = Low Gear

grantw

Postby grantw » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:47 pm

Too big for me and may be of interest to someone else. Near as I can tell it's a Centurion Elite RS, from 1983 - going from the serial number and the Suntour Symmetric dt shifter. It's no lightweight, but not a gas pipe frame either, if it's a Centurion then the frame is Tange Champion 2 tubing.

ST is 56cm
TT is 55cm
DT is 62cm

Rear drops are at 130mm and the ST diameter is 26.2

Condition is fair as the photos show, there's a ding on the ST about halfway up and some ugly corrosion on the ST clamp. It's been painted at some distant point. I had this built up with 700c wheels and used it quite a lot and it rode nicely but was ultimately just too big. Has a Tange headset that needs some TLC, but the fork crown is lovely!

Would like to swap for a similar frame but about 53cm.

DSC_0002 by _granty, on Flickr

DSC_0009 by _granty, on Flickr

DSC_0004 by _granty, on Flickr

DSC_0005 by _granty, on Flickr

DSC_0006 by _granty, on Flickr

DSC_0008 by _granty, on Flickr

zues

Postby zues » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:50 pm

I was given 60cm aluminum frame minus forks awhile ago. Its yellow and blue and labelled "MANIAC"-its as ugly as sin!
I would like to re-paint and build it up so I am after an alloy or CrMo 60cm + fork.
I have a couple of 56-57 cm frames probably plain gauge Tange for trade.

LG

Postby LG » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:01 pm

LG wrote:A couple bikes from left field. I did have plans originally, but I guess these don't really do it for me and I now know I'm not going to get around to them. My interests lie in old road bikes in about a 58cm frame. I should be able to freight these if needed, just ask.

Old roadmaster with 20" westwood style wheels. May be of some interest to somebody as a project?

Yamaha moto-bike. The drive side crank is bent but other than that it's pretty much all there. I know these are of some value and collectable in the early BMX circles. I don't think they are made of steel, pretty sure it's lead. Must be close to 20kg in this thing.
The small blue bike above is becoming a garden ornament at a nearby house. They're not fussed what parts are with it, so if any are of use to anybody please let me know.

I've also got this peugeot UO something-or-other. 57cm top tube 53 cm seat tube, both centre to centre. I bought it for parts for a mixte frame I have. Let me know if interested in a swap or purchase. I can probably provide a few parts with it, or it would make quite a nice singlespeed. More photos can be emailed if required.

LG = Low Gear

funnybike

Postby funnybike » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:04 pm

I have a 58cm Tange 900 frame to trade/sell. It is blue/white with Shimano decals. It still has the "made by Leisure Cycles" sticker attached indicating that it came out of the Ricardo factory in SA. The paint is pretty beat up, but it's sound.

dv

Postby dv » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:29 am

This seems like a good idea. I'd be keen to swap the kuwahara frame described below for something a whole lot bigger 63 or 64cm upwards. Not sure what my chances are.
I'd like to trade, but I would be interested if anyone knows anything about this frame. it looks pretty neat and I have not seen one of these before. It is is by Kuwahara and has oval pressed tubes. With the aerodynamic design I expected it to be light - but it definitely is not. It is (I think) very well made though. Unfortunately it does have a few spots of rust, but nothing to deep or severe.
It's only a 50cm frame (centre to top)
and the length is 53cm (cc)
From the images I assume is was made in 1983.

Happy to add more images, and I'll weigh it when I find where I put my luggage scales...

a gram or two shy of 4Kg....

Cheers
dv

Wazza

Postby Wazza » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:38 am

I have picked up a 58cm Centurion Prestige frame that is too big for me. I have finally got the BB out (smart kid at LBS) so I'm ready to trade it on. I'll give a clean and post some pictures. I'm looking for a similar quality tubed bike around 54/55cm. Anybody got anything to trade? (For old piccies, see flea market thread)
Waz
Wazza

Stepr

Postby Stepr » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:42 pm

I have a Repco Victory Tri A, Tange Infinity tubing - frame to trade for preferably the same or maybe equivalent but larger ~56cm. Paint on this one has a few scrapes here or there but is otherwise good and what I would be happy to leave as is as and ride as it looks ok still - so really wanting the same in a trade if possible. Suits 700c wheels,

This one measures TT centre to centre measures 53cm seat tube 52.5cm centre to top and is just too small for me to get the right set back and overall set up.

Just wanting to trade the frame (and put parts pictured on a new frame) - happy to take offers

munga

Postby munga » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:37 pm

Stepr wrote:I have a Repco Victory Tri A, Tange Infinity tubing - frame to trade for preferably the same or maybe equivalent but larger ~56cm. Paint on this one has a few scrapes here or there but is otherwise good and what I would be happy to leave as is as and ride as it looks ok still - so really wanting the same in a trade if possible. Suits 700c wheels,

This one measures TT centre to centre measures 53cm seat tube 52.5cm centre to top and is just too small for me to get the right set back and overall set up.

Just wanting to trade the frame (and put parts pictured on a new frame) - happy to take offers

wish i had a frame to trade you, Stepr :(

nsuttie

Postby nsuttie » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:29 pm

Can I post the details of the frame I want to buy here or is that inappropriate because I have nothing to trade?

Adam

LG

Postby LG » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:36 am

Adam, you appear to be half way there...
LG = Low Gear