Cycling clothing outlet

bardygrub

Cycling clothing outlet

Postby bardygrub » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:27 am

Hi All,

Just wondering if any one has made a purchase with this company before????

http://www.cycling-wear.com/

Cheers

bigfriendlyvegan

Re: Cycling clothing outlet

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:18 am

Probably a scam. I doubt it's genuine brand clothing.

dale79

Postby dale79 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:09 pm

yeh its fake but who cares...

ive got heaps of the monton cycle clothing with is fake and for $50 for bibs and jersey who really cares if it is fake..

bardygrub

Postby bardygrub » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:09 pm

But its an actuall company??

bardygrub

Postby bardygrub » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:14 pm

dale79 wrote:yeh its fake but who cares...

ive got heaps of the monton cycle clothing with is fake and for $50 for bibs and jersey who really cares if it is fake..
Hi Dale,

Just looked up the Monton site, so you have purchased from them before? How long is delivery? is the product ok?

Cheers.

bollo

Postby bollo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:40 pm

yeah got some good prices buy something & let us all know, please :D
2013 Cube Lightning HPC SL Race
2012 Merida Scultura Evo 905

dale79

Postby dale79 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:56 pm

takes about a week to get it,

the quality is great for the price you pay for it... i just take a little care when putting it on not to pull to hard etc..

the padding is fine, ive done 3 hour rides and can still walk after it!

this is what im riding in at the moment
http://www.cycling-monton.com/2011-cast ... -3258.html

good down to about 8deg, when its colder than that i put arm and leg warmers on with a jacket and its tosty hot..

MADCAP

Postby MADCAP » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:02 pm

Just received my Livestrong Jersey kit and i must say its damn sweet quality - the shipping took about 3 weeks but when you pay for such low prices its worth it in the end. Just a tip buy from there ebay store :lol:

liquor box

Postby liquor box » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:44 pm

dale79 wrote:takes about a week to get it,

the quality is great for the price you pay for it... i just take a little care when putting it on not to pull to hard etc..

good down to about 8deg, when its colder than that i put arm and leg warmers on with a jacket and its tosty hot..
I find their quality really good, their padding is not as good as my pearl izumi, but much better than the genuine livestrong knicks I tried from a "real" dealer.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:46 pm

How is the sizing on the padding? I tried the Mupi stuff and I have to say the padding was way oversized making the garment uncomfortable to wear, it moved about too much, while the jersey appeared to be shaped for the Incredible Hulk.

I generally wear actual Castelli stuff - quite comfortable, but costly. :shock:

dale79

Postby dale79 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:18 pm

for $50 a set its pretty good,

the thermal lined set i have is a little funny to wear as the padding is a little large but the normal ones are fine to wear..

ive got about 6 sets of monton stuff and its all pretty good for the $$

Dayrider

Postby Dayrider » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Not to offend anyone, I was just wondering, what's the point in spending thousands on bikes and buying cheap chinese clothes, the thing that you are in contact with every second you are in the saddle? If someone ever tried the Body-clone from Giordana or any other pro-team issued clothing for instance they will never use the cheap chinese one. And the price difference actually not that big if you are in cycling anyway.

ozstriker

Postby ozstriker » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:30 pm

Dayrider wrote:Not to offend anyone, I was just wondering, what's the point in spending thousands on bikes and buying cheap chinese clothes, the thing that you are in contact with every second you are in the saddle? If someone ever tried the Body-clone from Giordana or any other pro-team issued clothing for instance they will never use the cheap chinese one. And the price difference actually not that big if you are in cycling anyway.
go and ride a $500 bike then a $4000 bike one after the other, then youll know :wink:

Its just fabric who cares, im not forking out hundreds of dollars for something that wont affect my performance

liamb

Postby liamb » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Dayrider wrote:Not to offend anyone, I was just wondering, what's the point in spending thousands on bikes and buying cheap chinese clothes, the thing that you are in contact with every second you are in the saddle? If someone ever tried the Body-clone from Giordana or any other pro-team issued clothing for instance they will never use the cheap chinese one. And the price difference actually not that big if you are in cycling anyway.
If you look at some of the threads on Chinese frames and rims you will see why. It comes down to price. At the moment you cant really get a chinese knock offs of a say Trek or Giant or Orbea or BMC, though I have seen Chiarello's, like you can for team kit.

Bill
TdF 2011: as Cadel Evans crosses the finish at Alpe-d’Huez: "I reckon tonight in hindsight he may have won the Tour de France tomorrow." The man Phil Ligget !!!

Dayrider

Postby Dayrider » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Even in terms of costs, a $150-200 kit would serve you longer than 3 cheap kits with weak lycra and poor padding, wouldn't it?

bosvit

Postby bosvit » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:02 pm

A friend of mine put me onto these guys

http://www.cheap-cycling.com/store/

Takes a good 3 weeks to get your stuff and you need to order at least 1 size bigger, but for the money they are excellent.

Coolmax pads which are fine, not quite as good as my Assos but for rides upto 100km I find basically no difference. The quality of the stitching etc is not as good and they don't last as long but you can buy alot of sets for the price of one Assos.

Dayrider

Postby Dayrider » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:30 pm

Thanx for sharing your experience. Personally I am not the adherer of over-priced clothing as well, as for example Assos. I've tried some of their products, but still there are same quality mid-range priced kits. Anyway, it's a matter of personal choice, just felt like discussing a bit... Not many people understand buying tights weighing in less than 300gr for over $300, let alone spending 5K and more on a bike :)

ozstriker

Postby ozstriker » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:37 am

Dayrider wrote:Even in terms of costs, a $150-200 kit would serve you longer than 3 cheap kits with weak lycra and poor padding, wouldn't it?
It depends, yes and no.

When i first got into cycling i went and bought a $150 pair of skins knicks, and the durability of those is quite crap.

Alot of things these days you have to pay a brand tax on.

Just look at some bike brands, they will have the same running gear as another bike but will be thousands of dollars more and only because of the name.

bardygrub

Postby bardygrub » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:13 pm

Just placed my 3rd ordr with Monton as i could not be happier with the price, product, and service with this mob! :lol: :wink:

ozstriker

Postby ozstriker » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:49 am

Can anyone help me out with sizes from this place, I'm looking to place an order but there sizing suggests that I should be getting a XXL which seems unusually large.

I'm 6ft 82 kg, anyone similar size to me, what size did you order.

liquor box

Postby liquor box » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:42 am

I just got an order delivered from Mr Cycling world, and all of his quality so far has been great, and a 3 day delivery for free helps too!
http://www.mrcyclingworld.com.au/clothi ... l-zip.html

$25 for a good quality vest is quite a buy

I also got some full finger winter gloves for $15 and they are great.

bardygrub

Postby bardygrub » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:46 pm

ozstriker wrote:Can anyone help me out with sizes from this place, I'm looking to place an order but there sizing suggests that I should be getting a XXL which seems unusually large.

I'm 6ft 82 kg, anyone similar size to me, what size did you order.
Hi Mate, im 6' 2&1/2" 96kg's and i have ordered Xl as per there sizing guide. I have ordered and received the full thermal kit and several short bib kits with the arm warmers the only size i order different is with thier gloves, i order large and all fits great. Hope this helps. :wink:

Sydguy

Postby Sydguy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:30 pm

Hi Crew

I got a 'Castelli' thermal long sleeve jersey from Monton and it is beyond my expectations.

Obviously the sizing is totally out of whack, dont go by the s/m/l/xl etc check the measurements.

I ended up with an xxl and it fots perfectly, the sleeves are a little loose but I think its a kind of jacket jersey with space for warmers or a long sleeve jersey underneath.

This was purchased a couple of months ago, delivery was fast, and at $30 it has saved me on some cold mornings with two short sleeve jerseys underneath. I like that I am not worrying about arm warmers, just throw this on and ride. It is harder to lose, and they have tons of different brands so you can get something hi-vis.

It is washed with all kinds of clothes and so far no issues, the zip is working fine but I can't zip it all the way up or when your on the drops it digs into your neck. I suspect if you got the real Castelli it would be padded under the zip solving this.

I can see myself getting more gear from Monton for kicking around in. You still need club gear for racing, but its nice to have some extra kit for when your not so fast with the washing!

JM