Shout-out to the host of bicycles.net.au

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shout-out to the host of bicycles.net.au

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:27 am

It usually happens about once a year, the search for a new host. Since starting bicycles.net.au in 1999 I have moved to a new host every 12 to 18 months. There is a lot of work in transferring the site, the forums and search databases need to be rebuilt as well as transferring domain names etc. Unfortunatelly in the past some hosts have done funny things like billing me twice (and never returning the funds, then going bankrupt) or simply falling asleep and not providing service when there are technical problems.

But now, I have been with Digital Pacific for about a year. There have been a few technical issues but these have always been solved to my satisfaction. They offer good value packages and have been kind enough to assist with this forum due to the popularity and dramatically increased bandwidth.... so thank you. If anyone else is looking for a host, have a look at Digital Pacific and see if they have a hosting plan to suit you. This is a bit of a shameless plug, on the otherhand deserved because the host help keep this forum alive.

tinstaafl

Thanks for this site

Postby tinstaafl » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:22 pm

So you won't have to slap yourself on the wrist in that case.

I'll have a quick squiz.

Robert
P.S.
Thanks for this site.