Eneco Tour

ozzymac

Eneco Tour

Postby ozzymac » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:26 pm

Hi,
Eneco tour is currently being run around holland and Belgium.

Orica green edge got another win last night in the teams time trial.

They are suppose to be in with a chance for the overall win due to a individual time trial at the end.

Its being shown on Eurosport at 10.30 pm each night.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RICHARDH

Re: Eneco Tour

Postby RICHARDH » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:02 pm

GreenEDGE looking like they might be in with a shout for the Worlds in the Team Time Trill :D
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:53 pm

The commentary on Eurosports is refreshing after 3 weeks of Keenan/Sherwin/Liggett.

Apparently some church last night has the longest windows in the region......maybe :lol:

Apart from having some fun they offer far better insight into the race than phil/paul ever have.[Keenan is not so bad on this]

No wonder we are winning we have two Jens...Jenses...Jeni? Hardly fair on the other teams. The UCI need to act on this and supply a Jens to each protour team. This is the only way to stop doping in cycling.

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:33 am

Hi,
Another win for GreenEdge over night, with a win in the individual time trial.

Puts them in a good position to win the overall.

Cheers

bardygrub

Postby bardygrub » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Baldy wrote:The commentary on Eurosports is refreshing after 3 weeks of Keenan/Sherwin/Liggett.

Apparently some church last night has the longest windows in the region......maybe :lol:

Apart from having some fun they offer far better insight into the race than phil/paul ever have.[Keenan is not so bad on this]

No wonder we are winning we have two Jens...Jenses...Jeni? Hardly fair on the other teams. The UCI need to act on this and supply a Jens to each protour team. This is the only way to stop doping in cycling.
I have to disagree with the 1st part of your post, two out of the three you mentioned ar legends in cycling commentry IMO. The reason they talk about the scenery and so fourth is to broaden the audience in cycling and the more accepting the non cycling community are of cyclists is better for all of us! We are not liked on the roads and most of the time have to fight just to be able to share the roads with motorist's.
But this is a forum and everyone has a right to there own thought's :wink:

clackers

Postby clackers » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:17 pm

Baldy wrote:The commentary on Eurosports is refreshing after 3 weeks of Keenan/Sherwin/Liggett.
I'm afraid the Eurosports guys tend to replace the faux tourguide commentary with additional smalltalk and banter. Not for me, I'm afraid, Baldy!

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:57 pm

Yeah I guess its not for everyone. The banter and small talk is something I like. It shows they are at least listening to each other, I dunno how many times I have heard Phil/Paul say the same thing after one another, sometimes nearly word for word.

When there is 150km to go and the break is 10mins up the road there is only so much race related stuff you can say before it becomes banal. So if they want to extract some urine from Vino or start a twitter war in between updates on the gap, who is working etc that is fine with me 8)

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:14 pm

I thought the commentary was good, made a bit of a change from Phil.

And some of the talk did make you laugh, especially considering how boring most of the tour was.

Cheers