Anyway, I'm also looking for someone else to come along. I'm not allowed to put links on here so I've pasted the info below. Please message me if you are interested, or if you know someone else who might be.
Planet Blue Pictures are looking for an experienced cyclist to join Sam Pollard and the crew riding across Australia for the World of Difference tour and TV documentary. The tour is already sponsored by Giant, Britz campervans and partnered with the Reclink charity.
More information about the ride and TV show can be found at wodaus dot com.
Responsibilities and preferable requirements
- Leave Melbourne on Thursday 8th November 2012 in Campervan. Arrive back in Melbourne on Thursday 13th December 2012. Option to fly back from Perth on Monday 3rd December at own expense.
- Ride approximately 4,500km from Sydney to Busselton, WA, averaging approximately 200km a day.
- Ride the majority of the tour at the front as the main camera bike (front and rear cameras will be fitted to the bike).
- Good on camera personality and provide on camera interviews and daily action throughout the tour.
- Recent race or tour experience, with examples of time trial or ironman races averaging above 30kph if possible.
- Help gain corporate cash sponsors and any other relevant sponsors if possible.
There will be no cash payments for the cyclist, however there will be the following benefits:
- 10% of any cash sponsorship or other funding to help fund the trip that you help to obtain, paid within 5 days of receipt of funds.
- 10% of value of essential food or nutrition that is given by sponsors that you help to obtain, paid within 5 days of receiving product.
- All travel and accommodation outside of Melbourne during the tour, which will all be in a campervan.
- 3 meals a day during the tour and sports nutrition while riding.
- Free riding gear and other free stuff to keep.
- Screen time on a Documentary to be shown on SBS/ABC TV in Australia and many lifestyle channels worldwide.
- A life changing experience!
If you are a well known Professional bike rider, we may be able to find some cash for a small payment.