Dragster inspired cruiser build

hewey

Dragster inspired cruiser build

Postby hewey » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:28 pm

We went away at Easter and were planning on taking our cruiser bikes. Two nights before we were due to leave I realised I didn’t have a complete beach cruiser to take with me. So I got stuck in and built this up, when I started it was just a frame with the cranks/bottom bracket and springer forks. I raided my parts stash and one of my other bikes for the bars, headstem, quill convertor, wheels and tyres, and seat post and seat. About midnight that I night I took her around the block for a midnight shake down run.

I did about 50km on her over the weekend, including riding in Wagga, and along rail trails in Bright and Albury

me1980bmxr

Re: Dragster inspired cruiser build

Postby me1980bmxr » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:17 pm

I like this bike and think the ape-hangers especially set it off! And what a great place to ride it along the bike trials around Bright!

DaSchmooze

Postby DaSchmooze » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:31 pm

Very cool frame - what is it and where can I get one? Been looking for a cruiser to convert into a lowriderish sort of thing and this frame looks the goods. Just thinking recently of getting into doing this kind of riding and I'm loving what I'm seeing here.

hewey

Postby hewey » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:23 pm

Hey mate. These bikes are lot of fun to ride and look awesome. Being 26 inchers they're perfect for adults to ride too. The frame is from the 90s and is a 'Dyno' or 'Kustom Kruiser' brand. Dyno was originally owned by GT (hence the GT stem), but when GT were bought out by Schwinn the cruiser line was was sold off and re-emerged as 'Kustom Kruisers'. The early KKs were exactly the same, but at some time they redesigned their frames and the quality also took a dive. I got this on ebay, just listed as a beach cruiser, they come up every few months but just watch out for the rust on the ones from beachside suburbs. :wink: I'd reccomend Dyno, Electra and Felt cruisers as being the ones to watch out for. Dyno have the best classic beach cruiser frame, but they all have cool models in their line ups.