TDU any girls going

Got Questions? Need advice?
Join other women in discussing cycling.

Re: TDU any girls going

Postby mszczerba1 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:27 pm

Hello all,

This is to let you all know that I will be definitely doing the Santos World Tour Down Under next year, you bet i will be!

Doing the whole distance as well as Go the Distance that is coming up, join in on this ride also!

:D Maria Szczerba
12/08/2012
mszczerba1

by BNA » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:40 pm

BNA

Postby Apple » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Good for you Maria, I hope to go again as well, I was thinking of joining a group this time or maybe I should see which ladies want to come and meet up at the TDU
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
Apple

Postby hayes » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:39 pm

Hey!
I'm thinking of going, I'm a total novice though haha. Have been going on the home trainer for about 10-15kms each time within the past two weeks.. and will be getting out there once I purchase a roadworthy bike ha.
I have a silly question though, how will you be getting your bikes there? I'm from Perth so obviously it will have to go on the plane or some other way.

Thanks! =)
hayes

Postby Welsh Dragon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:46 pm

I went last year from Perth, packed up the bike in a box from my LBS, got on the plane and had a blast ! Not much experience either but was fantastic ! Hope to go again this year, just trying to work out how long for etc.

hayes wrote:Hey!
I'm thinking of going, I'm a total novice though haha. Have been going on the home trainer for about 10-15kms each time within the past two weeks.. and will be getting out there once I purchase a roadworthy bike ha.
I have a silly question though, how will you be getting your bikes there? I'm from Perth so obviously it will have to go on the plane or some other way.

Thanks! =)
Welsh Dragon

Postby Parker » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:01 pm

Plane tickets are booked for a 10 day holiday in Adelaide, may spend some time on KI for a few days and hoping I can get part of this trip paid by someone else.

Looking forward to some early morning coffees and champange sessions in the arvo.
Parker

Postby Welsh Dragon » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:34 pm

Sounds good !

We were planning on KI too but it is SO expensive !

Parker wrote:Plane tickets are booked for a 10 day holiday in Adelaide, may spend some time on KI for a few days and hoping I can get part of this trip paid by someone else.

Looking forward to some early morning coffees and champange sessions in the arvo.
Welsh Dragon

Postby Parker » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:36 am

Welsh Dragon wrote:Sounds good !

As far as I'm aware I'm currently travelling alone so it wouldn't be that bad for me, although I checked one place and the single suppliment was MASSIVE!
Parker

Postby Welsh Dragon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:23 pm

It was the ferry over !!

Parker wrote:
Welsh Dragon wrote:Sounds good !

As far as I'm aware I'm currently travelling alone so it wouldn't be that bad for me, although I checked one place and the single suppliment was MASSIVE!
Welsh Dragon

Previous

Return to Women's Cycling