ACF Strava Club

PA

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby PA » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:37 am

Can anyone tell me how to remove a personal segment time as my wife managed to drop her QOM on a segment from 24 seconds to 9 seconds. :shock: I doubt she was doing 91 kph uphill. I don't want to remove her ride but it ruins the segment for all the other riders and I doubt it will inspire her to try and beat that time.

Strava segment.
Mouse magnet

bosvit

Postby bosvit » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:12 am

You will need to edit the ride the "car" incident happened on.

If you open the ride, on the right hand side under your listed stats for the ride there is an Actions button. Click on the down arrow, then click on Crop Ride.

This will open another window with a slide bar at the top and a map underneath. Just move the finish dot on the slide bar to the point you think your wife pedalled to/drove from then click the Crop button on the left hand side and the world is a happy place.

She gets to keep her ride stats and loose the drive stats. I have been guilty of exactly the same thing on a couple of occasions :oops: :lol:

PA

Postby PA » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:05 am

Her speeding was in the middle of the ride so I can't crop it. The iPhone just got carried away with itself. I might have to delete the ride.
Mouse magnet

DaveOZ

Postby DaveOZ » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:06 am

Delete the ride and manually enter the details so her mileage is still right.

sblack

Postby sblack » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:13 am

And if it was just from some erroneous data and you want to keep all the ride data you could crop it until midway through the problem section. Then you could add the ride again (from memory it shows as a deleted ride on the upload screen) and crop the opposite section of the ride. It would mean it now shows up as two rides but it would keep all the ride data for her totals while removing the problem segment time.

PA

Postby PA » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:32 am

I uploaded my Bryton TCX file in her account and checked to make sure she didn't get any personal records etc and then deleted her ride. The segment in question is again open for the taking. She is still QOM but only by 3 seconds not 18 seconds.
Mouse magnet

Marto

Postby Marto » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:40 am

PA wrote:Can anyone tell me how to remove a personal segment time as my wife managed to drop her QOM on a segment from 24 seconds to 9 seconds. :shock: I doubt she was doing 91 kph uphill...
91 kph uphill?

*next time I'm in Adelaide

bradman

Postby bradman » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:01 pm

I had some strange things happen with my Strava app while over in Perth recently. It had tracked me on a ride jumping from one side of the Swan River to another and mid-ride could not find any GPS signal even though Google maps was working perfectly. I couldn't work it out but decided to turn the phone off for a few minutes and then power up again, and it worked fine after that. Must have just been a glitch that rebooting fixed.

DTdotcom

Postby DTdotcom » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:18 pm

PA wrote:Can anyone tell me how to remove a personal segment time as my wife managed to drop her QOM on a segment from 24 seconds to 9 seconds. :shock: I doubt she was doing 91 kph uphill. I don't want to remove her ride but it ruins the segment for all the other riders and I doubt it will inspire her to try and beat that time.

Strava segment.
PA for future reference Strava support can just remove the dodgy segment from the leaderboard and keep the ride.

PA

Postby PA » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:20 pm

On a previous ride the iPhone GPS went offshore. 14 km up and about 8 km out to sea. She hit over 800 km/h that day. I think it happened when a plane flew overhead, either that or aliens.
Mouse magnet

warren.suen

Postby warren.suen » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:52 am

Hi all, i just joined the strava group as well.. hopefully i don't bring the group stats down :oops:

anyways.. how many of you are on the premium app and how many of you use the free version.. anything us freebie users missing out on?

bradman

Postby bradman » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:48 pm

There are a few extras you get with the Premium Membership but not enough to warrant an upgrade in my opinion.

Marto

Postby Marto » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:39 pm

PA wrote:On a previous ride the iPhone GPS went offshore. 14 km up and about 8 km out to sea. She hit over 800 km/h that day. I think it happened when a plane flew overhead, either that or aliens.

Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:14 am

Just joined too - on the free version. I don't have the $ (nor the overall ability) to warrant purchasing the other technological requirements.

warren.suen

Postby warren.suen » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:49 pm

diggerdantheman wrote:Just joined too - on the free version. I don't have the $ (nor the overall ability) to warrant purchasing the other technological requirements.
Welcome to the club.. time to eat up some KOMs.. highest i've got is 8th

Dan

Postby Dan » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:21 pm

warren.suen wrote:
diggerdantheman wrote:Just joined too - on the free version. I don't have the $ (nor the overall ability) to warrant purchasing the other technological requirements.
Welcome to the club.. time to eat up some KOMs.. highest i've got is 8th
I'd be happy for a category 'made it to work without being swooped by magpies' myself.
but yes, the KOM is an interesting one - not really my thing, but the personal milestones are a good measure. I can only go so fast with one speed...

sloth

Postby sloth » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:43 pm

I started using Strava on the weekend so might as well join the club although my cycling is off and on at the moment.

My first outing I managed to stumble on a segment that only been ridden by 19 people...... Have to have a crack at the KOM before it gets popular :twisted:

Dan

Postby Dan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:11 pm

sloth wrote:My first outing I managed to stumble on a segment that only been ridden by 19 people...... Have to have a crack at the KOM before it gets popular :twisted:
best share the link so we can all sabotage it :D

PA

Postby PA » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Mouse magnet

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:42 am

norbs

Postby norbs » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:45 am

Any interesting addition to the Strava website.

http://app.strava.com/stand-with-us

DTdotcom

Postby DTdotcom » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:13 am

Did someone already mention the change to the loss of KOM notification aswell?
No more "Now get out there and show them who's boss"

Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:41 am

I actually like these alterations

qualos

Postby qualos » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:56 pm

Dimma wrote:Did someone already mention the change to the loss of KOM notification aswell?
No more "Now get out there and show them who's boss"
I got two like this Tuesday. Surprised to see they still send them out, even though modified.

Uh oh! ## just stole your KOM!

Hey ##,

You just lost your KOM on ## to ## by 6 seconds.

Now get out there, have fun and be safe.

-Your friends at Strava

sloth

Postby sloth » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:26 am

diggerdantheman wrote:
sloth wrote:My first outing I managed to stumble on a segment that only been ridden by 19 people...... Have to have a crack at the KOM before it gets popular :twisted:
best share the link so we can all sabotage it :D
Here you go - now that I had a chance at it :D . Easing off at the end meant 3rd Overall for me ... missed out on second overall by one second :?

http://app.strava.com/segments/1613894" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think a 3rd on a low volume segment will be my PB for quite a while .... I could tell by the taste of vomit in my mouth and the stitch that lasted for the next 2km that I've been off the bike too long! Ended up doing 60km and was hanging on my chinstrap at the 50km mark.... time to get serious about getting some miles into my legs I think :oops: