Boardman LE TK20 Track Bike

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Boardman LE TK20 Track Bike

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:54 pm

I just got wind of this and thought it would may catch the fancy of a few track riders. The Boardman TK/20.

The background is that it is released on the 20th anniversary of Chris Boardman's 1992 Baracelona win and there are 92 of these only, individually signed and though they say for Track and Road, I don't see any break mounts so in Australia it would be best left to the track.

Aluminium frame, carbon fork, alu rims and for Aussies will go for $1599. Here are specs and details of the TK/20.
Cycling is in my BNA

scotto

Re: Boardman LE TK20 Track Bike

Postby scotto » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:37 pm

pretty pricey for what you get. similar bikes are anything from half price (pro-lite) to giant omnium / felt TK2 at a few hundred bucks cheaper.

and whats with the 84inch gearing. theres another hundred bucks or so needed to upgrade once you leave the novice grade and get to div.5

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:01 pm

Um limited number so you pay a premium. :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

high_tea

Postby high_tea » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:51 pm

scotto wrote: and whats with the 84inch gearing. theres another hundred bucks or so needed to upgrade once you leave the novice grade and get to div.5
How's that? Either a 14T sprocket or a different chainring would do, surely, and chainrings are, what, $25 a throw. Less for sprockets. I don't follow.

toppity

Postby toppity » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:06 am

There are more expensive alum track bike frames out there, so it's not entirely unreasonable. Looks nice, would like to see it in the flesh before purchasing.
I ride several bicycles, but not at once.

scotto

Postby scotto » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:11 am

high_tea wrote:
scotto wrote: and whats with the 84inch gearing. theres another hundred bucks or so needed to upgrade once you leave the novice grade and get to div.5
How's that? Either a 14T sprocket or a different chainring would do, surely, and chainrings are, what, $25 a throw. Less for sprockets. I don't follow.
you must go to a different store or travel via TARDIS. :lol: :lol:
even the crappy mega flexy ebay ones are about $35-40 posted....

jack2706

Postby jack2706 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:59 am

As a step-up and exclusive to wiggle is the Boardman TK 9.2

http://www.this link is broken.au/boardman-tk-92/

The TK 9.2 features a rigid, lightweight, triple butted alloy frame for uncompromising stiffness and uses dedicated steel track-ends to improve durability. The tapered headtube gives the front end solid precise handling and reduces flex at the fork/steerer under power.

The SRAM Omnium track chainset maximizes power transfer in explosive efforts, and the Boardman carbon tubular rims laced to fully sealed alloy track hubs give you the best combination of rigidity, aero-dynamics, low weight and strength too. Finished with a pro-level bar, stem and post from 3T, tubs from Vittoria and a perch from Fizik and there really is no room for improvement.

All you need to go with it is a medal haul of your own.