Cyclist Down - Sydney CBD

Cyclist Down - Sydney CBD

Postby longshanks » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:47 am

Walking to work this morning along Elizabeth (just after 8.30am) heading north i came across the aftermath of an accident involving a cyclist. Was near the corner of Hunter Street with ambulance already in attendance. Cyclist was still on the road being attended to by ambo officers. I could see no other vehicle parked nearby that may also have been invloved so not sure what happened. Stay safe out there folks. I never tell my better half if and when i come across these incidents. That is the third case this year i have seen of a cyclist on the road after an accident in or near the CBD.
longshanks

by BNA » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:51 pm

BNA

Re: Cyclist Down - Sydney CBD

Postby sogood » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Be very careful and sensible on the road! Seen too many enthusiastic bike commuters on CBD streets who are a serious risk to themselves. Wearing dark clothing, no high intensity flashing lights, pulling lane change stunts are just asking for trouble. Ride defensive is the only way to survive.
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
sogood

Re: Cyclist Down - Sydney CBD

Postby trailgumby » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:58 pm

Agree, more than a few Darwin Award candidates to be seen most lunchtimes along George St playing dodgems with buses. :(

Not saying the incident the OP reported was such a case. Hope s/he's OK.
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
trailgumby

Return to New South Wales