Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby ozdavo » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:59 am

Nhutty wrote:
limetang wrote:Anyone need a trainer?? $117 delivered for an Elite fluid trainer :shock:
Got one of these last week... amazing price and works pretty sweet too!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=74811

shows up as 109GBP, which is around $163AUD before delivery... How much does chainreaction charge for delivery btw?

looks like the price has gone up to AU$146 (when you set your location it removes VAT and displays in AU$).
Free delivery to Aus for orders over AU$99
Always looking for new rides & ride partners in SE QLD area
User avatar
ozdavo
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:03 pm
Location: Gold Coast (nth)

by BNA » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:59 pm

BNA
 

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby SPC » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:59 pm

PBK's current deal on the neutral or blue Garmin 500 + Premium HRM & Cadence is pretty sweet... $286.65 with free postage.
SPC
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:41 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Purt » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:43 pm

SPC wrote:PBK's current deal on the neutral or blue Garmin 500 + Premium HRM & Cadence is pretty sweet... $286.65 with free postage.


Code: bicycling10

Brings it down to $258.
User avatar
Purt
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:49 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Fresh » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:53 pm

Purt wrote:
SPC wrote:PBK's current deal on the neutral or blue Garmin 500 + Premium HRM & Cadence is pretty sweet... $286.65 with free postage.


Code: bicycling10

Brings it down to $258.


Brilliant! Thanks guys.
Fresh
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:25 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby SPC » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Nice. Looks the neutal colour is out of stock now.
SPC
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:41 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Ross » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:42 pm

KASK helmets on special for 48 hrs from Cell bikes. I have a Mojito, good looking and comfortable and $50 lesss than what I paid from another shop. :(
Image
User avatar
Ross
 
Posts: 4106
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Ross » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:52 pm

T7 have NALINI Nikole Regata Bib Short on sale $29.99
Image
User avatar
Ross
 
Posts: 4106
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby btothec » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:30 pm

Some good deals to be had on Rudy Project sunglasses and equipment.

http://www.erudy.com.au/newsletter/RedHotRudySale/default.html
btothec
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:47 am

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby JV911 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:46 pm

<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

User avatar
JV911
 
Posts: 5451
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Ross » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:54 am

Zipp 808 tubular wheelset $1,790 with free delivery
http://www.bikebug.com/wheels-accessori ... -1987.html
Image
User avatar
Ross
 
Posts: 4106
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:45 am

Just got an email from Cell, 700c tubes for $2.50, Crank Bros Speed levers for $2.50 and Mini tool for $2.95.
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
User avatar
ldrcycles
 
Posts: 7451
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Dan » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:15 pm

ldrcycles wrote:Just got an email from Cell, 700c tubes for $2.50, Crank Bros Speed levers for $2.50 and Mini tool for $2.95.


and GP4000s for $39
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Grev » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Torpedo have Contour Roam HD for $199.00.
Grev
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:34 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:25 pm

ldrcycles wrote:Crank Bros Speed levers for $2.50

Thanks for that ldr, off I go to see what else is there. Tax cheque came in today 8)
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 26707
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby snark » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:40 pm

diggerdantheman wrote:and GP4000s for $39


I thought I read somewhere here that the GP4000s were discontinued, but a quick google search can't find anything definitive.

Does anyone know for sure? Time to stock up if so :).

Cheers,
Simon.
Phil Liggett, TdF 2011, Alpe-d'Huez: "I reckon tonight in hindsight he may have won the Tour de France tomorrow."
User avatar
snark
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:35 am
Location: Geelong, Vic

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Sven Nijs » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Grev wrote:Torpedo have Contour Roam HD for $199.00.

That's a great price and matches current Amazon US pricing...
It's a bit warmer here than Scotland isn't it!
User avatar
Sven Nijs
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:24 am
Location: Sunny Sydney

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Newest discount code from Wiggle
Offer: 20% off cycling product orders over 170AUD(excludes Assos and Altura)
Code: Cycle20
Ends: 20th August at 14:00
User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9688
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:28 am

Evans Cycles is pushing discounts and savings at the moment. No discount coupon though these are the savings they are promoting.

Up to 35% off Bikes
Up to 50% off Clothing
Up to 50% off Accessories
Up to 40% off Parts

If you have had some gear in mind, at least for a comparison you can check the sale prices at Evans Cycles.
User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9688
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:36 am

ProBikeKit currently have a 5% discount off sale items:

code: EXTRA5
User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9688
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:19 am

Not to forget the Aussie's - Cycling Express are promoting 10% off storewide:

code: AU10%
User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9688
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby antipodean » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:28 pm

AUbicycles wrote:ProBikeKit currently have a 5% discount off sale items:

code: EXTRA5


I use parcel10 at PBK, good for 10% off.
2013 Oppy SL
2013 Boardman CX Pro
2012 KHS Yuma 29er
antipodean
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:48 pm

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Sumichino » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:24 pm

Shimano Dura Ace 7900 C24-CL wheelset.
Less than $750 for a 1400g wheelset.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=76726

Also at Wiggle 'Cycling30' usually works for $25-30 off.
Sumichino
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:50 am
Location: Stuck in the middle.

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby slian » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:23 pm

Sumichino wrote:Shimano Dura Ace 7900 C24-CL wheelset.
Less than $750 for a 1400g wheelset.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=76726

Also at Wiggle 'Cycling30' usually works for $25-30 off.


Hmm, tempting. Must be in preparation of the new 2013 model coming in.

What's everyone experience when buying these big ticket items from oversea, do you find the final price significantly different after accounting for exchnage rate difference and credit card fees?
slian
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:08 am
Location: Carlton

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Backdoorboss » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:02 pm

slian wrote:What's everyone experience when buying these big ticket items from oversea, do you find the final price significantly different after accounting for exchnage rate difference and credit card fees?

Get a 28 degrees MasterCard. Has no international exchange rate fees or annual fees.
Its even more cheaper if you set the price to pounds first instead of $AUS as the exchange rate on the card is better than the website.
That is what I have found on Wiggle anyway. Add in your coupon/voucher code and there is no way Australian retail would be cheaper. Not too mention free delivery too.
You just have to wait for the package to arrive.
Backdoorboss
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby slian » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:18 pm

Backdoorboss wrote:
slian wrote:What's everyone experience when buying these big ticket items from oversea, do you find the final price significantly different after accounting for exchnage rate difference and credit card fees?

Get a 28 degrees MasterCard. Has no international exchange rate fees or annual fees.
Its even more cheaper if you set the price to pounds first instead of $AUS as the exchange rate on the card is better than the website.
That is what I have found on Wiggle anyway. Add in your coupon/voucher code and there is no way Australian retail would be cheaper. Not too mention free delivery too.
You just have to wait for the package to arrive.


Just what I was looking for, thanks for the tip!
slian
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:08 am
Location: Carlton

PreviousNext

Return to Buying a bike / parts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Ebay Ebay AU
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter
“Bicycles BNA on Strava

> FREE BNA Stickers