Training Plan help

averagerider

Training Plan help

Postby averagerider » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi Guys

To start off with sorry for another training question, but i have just started riding 3-5 times a week (depending on what time i finish work) instead of the occasional ride when I feel like it. I have done a lot of searching through this forum but cant find what suits me.

My aim is to finish some of the longer rides like round the bay and a local ride which is also about 200km

my plan (this is were I need your help) is for the next couple of months to continue riding 3-5 times a week and aim for an average of about 30kph on my rides to build up endurance and bike fitness. after that I then plan to seek more help in order to increase speed and power and anything else I may need to work on to help me achieve my goals.

my dilemma has been that I can cover 40-50km at around 27-30kph ave and most of the info I have found has been written for people who are starting from no fitness base or people who are very accomplished riders already.

So I was wondering if what I plan to do will help me or do you know of somewhere else I can look to find more info.

cheers for any help
sorry if I have annoyed anyone with another of these type of questions.

Luke

Tornado

Re: Training Plan help

Postby Tornado » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:07 pm

Hi

Google Base training. I could try to explain it, but I may not do it justice.

Basic idea is to do plenty of kays and increase distance incrementally each week. Incorporate rest days. Not every ride needs to be long. Don't ride too hard during base training as I believe it's detrimental to what you are trying to achieve.

Get the distance first, then work on the speed.

Articles you find online will be more in depth

2015 Specialized Tarmac
2012 Avanti Giro3

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Re: Training Plan help

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:21 am

We have plans that would suit:
http://www.rstsport.com/?event=training