Suggested route from Stafford Shopping Centre to CBD

vaeske

Suggested route from Stafford Shopping Centre to CBD

Postby vaeske » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:18 pm

So i rear ended someone and my car needs to be sent to smash care in stafford. no extra cover options for hirecar so it looks like i'll be riding into work from the repairers.

Can anyone suggest or recommend a route from the shopping centre to the cbd? i'm a little unsure of riding on main roads i'm not familiar with.

cheers

Wal42

Re: Suggested route from Stafford Shopping Centre to CBD

Postby Wal42 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi mate, check my runkeeper rides, I come through Stafford (past the shopping centre) everyday, follow my route, it takes you through the back streets up over Gympie Road at Lutwytche then through Albion & up over Bowen Hills, from there just down through the Valley & into town. It isn't the most direct route but it's the route with the heaviest traffic (therefore the cars are slower, making it a bit safer).

Cheers Wal.

lethoso

Postby lethoso » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:39 pm

Jump onto the bike path running along the back of teh shopping centre, get off at montrose st/gilbert rd in the grange, head along it to maygar st, up paling av. then along 8th avenue, down to kedron brook rd, then past downy park & the hospital onto the bike path to the Roma St. gardens. Should keep you away from most traffic if that's your preference.

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:05 pm

An alternative to Lesotho 's suggestion is to cut back to royal parade, cross Raymont to Alderley station, follow train line to Newmarket rd, cross down to finsbury park, follow breakfast ck to Downey park, up back of hospital hill to vic park, icb, Roma st parklands and into CBD. Perhaps 100m of potential hazard on newmarket road but can footpath it if you want..,

Hope this helps?
Dan

Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:54 pm

@vaeske you made it okay I gather?

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:57 pm

thanks chaps. i'm doing it tomorrow morning. should be good. i'll take the path route from behind the shopping centre. i'm just scoping googlemaps now.

cheers