It appears Mr Angrypants is back...

ColinOldnCranky

Re: It appears Mr Angrypants is back...

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:31 pm

sandy wrote:Mr "Angrypants" (Adrian) is actually quite alright provided you are on the right side of him, I've talked to him a few times, he's quite harmless really! :D
I've had him come up to me at the Welshpool Road level crossing a while back while the gates were down, he said watch this... I watched him get lifted up by the boom-gates as they ascended.
He appears ok if he's in a quiet situation, yes he yells (barks) at cars, but he's only vocallising how he feels, the rest of us shut up about it.
Going on some of the comments here, some riders should just accept that he's the square peg that won't fit in the round hole!
If that is where it ends. Like you I have not been subjected to anything to anything other than shouts and exclamations. But some here have claimed so overt physical contact which is a little more serious.

I also have no confidence however that all posts about him are necessarily him. Overall we have little in the way of identification.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

blkmcs

Postby blkmcs » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:48 pm

sandy wrote:Mr "Angrypants" (Adrian) is actually quite alright provided you are on the right side of him, I've talked to him a few times, he's quite harmless really! :D
I've had him come up to me at the Welshpool Road level crossing a while back while the gates were down, he said watch this... I watched him get lifted up by the boom-gates as they ascended.
He appears ok if he's in a quiet situation, yes he yells (barks) at cars, but he's only vocallising how he feels, the rest of us shut up about it.
Going on some of the comments here, some riders should just accept that he's the square peg that won't fit in the round hole!
Adrian is not Mr. Angrypants, he matches neither the description nor the behaviour, please do not confuse the two.
Too old to live, too slow to die.

Marty Moose

Postby Marty Moose » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:13 pm

Above post is on the money totally different people.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:01 pm

blkmcs wrote:
Adrian is not Mr. Angrypants, he matches neither the description nor the behaviour, please do not confuse the two.
I should have noted the reference to Adrian. Adrian has been around for three decades though less visible these days than he was in the early eighties andseemingly more bluff than real lack of control.

Sandy's post demonstrates admirably the problem in misidentification of others as Angry Pants.

sandy

Postby sandy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:38 pm

Yes, sorry guys, I've mis-read the script.
The guy I've referred to as Adrian is as I've described, quite harmless.
I've seen Adrian around for at least thirty years, he used to live in Carlisle, heard that his old ride used to be a Harley Davidson!
The other guy, I haven't had the misfortune to meet and wouldn't want to, "Mr Angrypants" is obviously another person, another case altogether, bit of a worry. :D

Jackfrost

Postby Jackfrost » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:03 pm

fixed wrote: I have lurked around there (Leederville/Glendalough) at various times since October with my camera at hand but havent seen him since, I can remember his face and bike and will ensure that he gets a very stern visit from various authorities when I catch up with him.

Steven
BTAWA
Is that what you plan on telling the Police Steven?

jackthelad

Postby jackthelad » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:57 am

Is MR Angrypants in his 30's, riding a light Green mtb?
If so me and my workmates get verbally abused as he comes onto St Georges terrace in the morning?
Since i work for the City of Perth, i have no recourse of reply or challenge, being in uniform and badged vehicle
But then again not as bad as the abuse from wannabe A Grade riders, as they abuse me for blowing the PSP in the interchange lakes
But then again, probably the same people who leave their tubes on the grass, and leave Gel Packets in the garden, after a 'hard ride' around the bridges, hahaha
Colin,long time no see,
See you all out there, Im the one with the backpack blower on
Jack
SantaCruz HighTower LT
SantaCruz Blur XC Carbon
Kona Kula Supreme(Retired/Spare)
Surly Karate Monkey
Ribble Rd Bike

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:15 am

jackthelad wrote:Is MR Angrypants in his 30's, riding a light Green mtb?
If so me and my workmates get verbally abused as he comes onto St Georges terrace in the morning?
Since i work for the City of Perth, i have no recourse of reply or challenge, being in uniform and badged vehicle
But then again not as bad as the abuse from wannabe A Grade riders, as they abuse me for blowing the PSP in the interchange lakes
But then again, probably the same people who leave their tubes on the grass, and leave Gel Packets in the garden, after a 'hard ride' around the bridges, hahaha
Colin,long time no see,
Jack
I have only seen him on three occasions - two glimpses and a more substantial set of looks as he was chased thru the cbd.

Yeah, greenish. When I have seen him he also has a touch of green on his helmet that you may notice from the rear. Not a big guy.

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:44 am

Colin,long time no see,
Jack
Yeah, I'm still around, every day.

I get a little annoyed too with the number of tubes left on the side of the path. Not a good look for responsible cycling.

For others, if you see glass on a path or on the Narrows and you spot a guy with a blower, mention it to him and the glass magically disappears. 8)

Pushy

Postby Pushy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:19 pm

Colin,long time no see,
Jack
Jack,
You are one of the unsung heros. You have no idea how much some of us appreciate the work you do. A big pat on the back, Jack. Thanks
Les
06' Giant TCR C1
08' Colnago CLX
07' Apollo Swift

VW Jetta Diesel 5.5l/100km

conche

Postby conche » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:17 pm

ColinOldnCranky wrote:
Colin,long time no see,
Jack
I have only seen him on three occasions - two glimpses and a more substantial set of looks as he was chased thru the cbd.

Yeah, greenish. When I have seen him he also has a touch of green on his helmet that you may notice from the rear. Not a big guy.
I think the wife and I encountered this brainless fool this morning around 11.15am near harbourtown. We were waiting on the north side of Wellington St for the light crossing signal to change to green so i could cross over to the north side. All of a sudden this idiot hops the kerb to the side of me, crossing the street even though there was a red signal and starts yelling expletives about blocking the crossing. "Hello" but the signal was "RED". Then a few moments later he pulls over under the freeway bridge trying to challenge me to a fight. What a tool! We just continued on towards parliament house and the river, enjoying the rest of our ride.
Does this guy have a camera located on his helmet? He also seemed of small to medium build and wearing black jeans and a black long sleeved t-shirt.
Giant TCR Advanced, Giant XTC 29er 1

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:38 pm

Without reviewing this whole thread I would say that most of what you describe is not behaviour previously reported.

So on that basis likely someone else.

He is slight as you described. Never heard of him having a camera up to now. I don't recall hime hanging around to challenge anyone, just shouting as he goes past and, it has been reported, clipping someone over the head as he passes. And making threatening moves across the path of oncoming riders. If you read this thread you will get the idea. But do not assume that everyone posted about here was actually Angry.

There are so many posts that indicate that we attribute any wierd antisocial bahaviour to Angry Pants, no-one can really tell. And he can always change his bike. And he is just as able as the rest of us to add a cameral to his helmet. And he could always do something different, dress different, etc etc.

roller

Postby roller » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:58 pm

i saw him this morning down Hay street (near the Pier st, perhaps he was on the way to the Ride2Work breakfast)

in the space of about 50 metres he yelled f&c's at 3 different groups of pedestrians, shook his fist at a car waiting at a red light and managed to jump the median strip to ride the wrong way on the road.
inflammatory statement or idea

conche

Postby conche » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:08 pm

roller wrote:i saw him this morning down Hay street (near the Pier st, perhaps he was on the way to the Ride2Work breakfast)

in the space of about 50 metres he yelled f&c's at 3 different groups of pedestrians, shook his fist at a car waiting at a red light and managed to jump the median strip to ride the wrong way on the road.
Sounds just like the guy I encountered. Did you notice if he had a camera on top of his helmet?
Giant TCR Advanced, Giant XTC 29er 1

cray-

Postby cray- » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:36 am

I've mentioned this before, assuming we're all talking about the guy featured in the video posted somewhere in this thread (pastel green dirtjump mtb frame with white shocks). You will find him in or around the McDonalds on the corner of Hay St and Barrack St at around 7:45am. I see him there most weekday mornings as I walk from Perth Underground to my office. He has something on his helmet, cannot confirm if it is a camera or a light.

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:10 pm

HD video evidence required :)

James the Giant

Postby James the Giant » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:27 pm

I've mentioned this before, assuming we're all talking about the guy featured in the video posted somewhere in this thread (pastel green dirtjump mtb frame with white shocks). You will find him in or around the McDonalds on the corner of Hay St and Barrack St at around 7:45am. I see him there most weekday mornings as I walk from Perth Underground to my office. He has something on his helmet, cannot confirm if it is a camera or a light.
Yes, I saw him there in the morning too.
I was waiting to cross the road when he pulled up beside me, and I said "Hey man, nice bike".
He is obviously quite mentally ill, he was muttering to himself, and the area around his mouth was covered with a mass of terrible untreated coldsores, and he had a bandage on his hand.
He avoided my eyes, looking anywhere but at me, and immediately rode down the pavement muttering to himself loudly, his muttering filled with swear words.
He's craaazy, man. Poor bastard, he must be in some kind of hell. But he still needs to be stopped from hurting other people.

John Lewis

Postby John Lewis » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:37 pm

James the Giant wrote:
.....................He avoided my eyes, looking anywhere but at me, and immediately rode down the pavement muttering to himself loudly, his muttering filled with swear words.................................
Sounds like among other things he may suffer from Tourettes Syndrome.

John