Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Wal42

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby Wal42 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:51 pm

Finished, well all bar the seatpost, I've ordered a new one from the States, but hoping that Vaeske has the right type, size in plain alloy floating around somewhere as the one from the States is black & I sort of wanted plain alloy.

So guess what I'm riding Saturday?

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:47 pm

I think I'd enjoy this on a single speed - a week or two more of commuting, perhaps, though, to ensure I finish?

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:28 am

i got mr moser going again. 26.4mm crown race size so that headset came in handy thanks to wazza. still need an italian lock nut though. right now its a bastardisation of record with c-record locknut. ewwww.

vertex looks the goods wal, i'll have that 26.6mm post for you saturday. hell you should be able to put it on that morning!

munga

Postby munga » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:05 am

diggerdantheman wrote:I think I'd enjoy this on a single speed - a week or two more of commuting, perhaps, though, to ensure I finish?
it's a pretty relaxed pace, and there's really only two hills to worry about.
come along this weekend. i haven't ridden in 3 weeks, so that's a total of about 35km for me this month - i'm sure you'll be fine!

Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:18 am

munga wrote:come along this weekend.
perhaps on a pre-opshop tweed-scouting excursion :D

munga

Postby munga » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:07 am

doing the tweed on sunday, dan?

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:59 am

diggerdantheman wrote:
munga wrote:come along this weekend.
perhaps on a pre-opshop tweed-scouting excursion :D
good idea...i'll ride down to annerley sat arvo to find a vest.

Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:43 pm

munga wrote:doing the tweed on sunday, dan?
think so - haven't really organised anything as yet. - the closest I have to tweed is a gingham tie o_O
vaeske wrote:good idea...i'll ride down to annerley sat arvo to find a vest.
I'm thinking outer suburbs myself - Kallangur perhaps :)

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:33 pm

diggerdan, have you seen the 2012 Noosa Eroica thread by any chance? My fiancee and i dressed up for it, my trousers were an op shop find but the shirt and vest were brand new from Lowes and shoes from Big W, ended up being easier than i expected.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:03 pm

ldrcycles wrote:diggerdan, have you seen the 2012 Noosa Eroica thread by any chance? My fiancee and i dressed up for it, my trousers were an op shop find but the shirt and vest were brand new from Lowes and shoes from Big W, ended up being easier than i expected.
haven't yet - thank you. Will have a browse tomorrow...

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:44 pm

vaeske wrote:i got mr moser going again. 26.4mm crown race size so that headset came in handy thanks to wazza. still need an italian lock nut though. right now its a bastardisation of record with c-record locknut. ewwww.

vertex looks the goods wal, i'll have that 26.6mm post for you saturday. hell you should be able to put it on that morning!

I probably could but I reckon I'm a pretty good chance of getting it just exactly in the wrong spot, so I end up with the world's most uncomfortable ride. :shock:

Na, I'll use the post that's in the frame at present, it's set up & in the right spot, then I can change it when I get home & do the 'test ride' with allen key routine.

So what are you riding? The Moser or the Raleigh? Or do you have other little secrets lurking that you're not telling us about???? :lol:

And who else is a starter?? Vaeske, myself, munga are you in? What about elantra? The more the merrier. Plus I'm still looking to organise a group for the Bris to GC, we can discuss that of post ride late`s.

I may have the black 26.6mm seatpost for sale when it arrives, I'll put it up against the bike when it lobs & see which I prefer, OR maybe I should hang onto it just in case I stumble over another bike I just need to have that uses a 26.6mm seat post. :wink: I'm still working on the N+1 principle, & I've really only got 2 more bikes sitting here that I need to build or is it 3??? :? I can never remember, I do know that I have to 're-arrange' the bar to fit them all in.

Wazza

Postby Wazza » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:05 pm

I'm putting my hand up for Saturday. 7am at the Melbourne Hotel car park?
Munga,
I'll have a present for you, well not exactly a present considering you have already paid for it. :lol:
Wazza
Wazza

munga

Postby munga » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:49 pm

yeah 7am sounds good.

i'm picking up vaeske from bowen hills, on account of him not being able to drive, so we should be there a bit after 6:30.
we just meet on the street so if you see anyone on a steely, good chance it's us :D

bonus points for terry headbands and grey nylon socks.

Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:00 pm

@wal42 I'm interested in b2gc, plus 3 or 4 I think at this stage.

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:45 am

diggerdantheman wrote:@wal42 I'm interested in b2gc, plus 3 or 4 I think at this stage.
+1.

I'll do it too. It'll be a good challenge

PS. i think i'll take mr moser out for a spin this sat... he's been sitting in storage and gotten more chipped and neglected... :(

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:01 pm

I'll chuck this one out there, have a think, It's not something I've ever had experience in organising BUT, how receptive would people be to getting some cycling jersey's done, something like Retro Riders or BNA Retro Riders on the front & "Steel is Real" on the back.

How many people would be interested?

Anybody ever organised riding kit before or know somebody who makes it or has organised it?

How much would people be prepared to pay for a jersey?

Could we just buy a plain coloured jersey & get them screen printed?

Anybody know someone who does screen printing?

Just chucking an idea out there, maybe I'll repost this on the retro page as well.

What do you guys think? Good idea or crap?

Talk about it tomorrow.

On the B2GC thing, do we just do retro's or do we allow 'cool' people on moderns to tag along. They'd have to be cool to ride with us lot anyway because it's seriously uncool to follow someone on a single or retro.

Keep talking like that & I'll be tempted to bring the team bike out. Na I wanna ride the Vertex or maybe (if the chrome mudguards & rear rack arrive in time) even the Vantage.

munga

Postby munga » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:11 pm

arrgh just clipstacked on my sore knee again :( in my driveway! big ring, steep hill, too keen.
ice? heat? rum?

on a lighter note, i have a new bike to try out tomorrow:

yes, dodgy pedals have been replaced. yes, dodgy tri saddle will be replaced. no, i'm not going to bother putting the rear tyre on correctly. not tonight, anyway. i will have it rectified sooner or later..

Dan

Postby Dan » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:41 pm

Wal42 wrote:Could we just buy a plain coloured jersey & get them screen printed?
Re b2gc, I was going to do it in a chesty bonds. I've never actually worn a jersey, and only upgraded to tights on account of the temperature o_O

Am still undecided on single speed vs 3speed (as yet unbuilt) but another 6 weeks of commuting should have me fit for single speed. Just need to finalise gearing.

On topic, I'm out for tomorrows RRR but am in for the following week ;)

Wazza

Postby Wazza » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:49 am

Thanks to vaeske and Wal42 for looking after me yesterday. :wink: what a great morning :P I am looking forward to next Saturday. Hope your knee comes right by then Munga.

Waz
Wazza

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:03 am

It's a bit crappy & I really have to sort of the video camera thing, as the current one doesn't separate the video's into uploadable files, so stupid me has to remember to stop/restart the video every 5 minutes, which is near impossible. I'm trying to fit the bigger camera to the top of my helmet, I'll test it out through the week & on next Saturdays ride as well.

But here is the only segment I got from yesterday's ride, it's only 10 minutes, it doesn't show much except I really swear a little too much & we discuss some crap when we're riding, but hey that's what it's all about, having a good time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDa8veTcgkE

No stress Waz, you really didn't need looking after, doing front wheel bearings tomorrow (yep they're shot), fitted Vaeske's seatpost & set it up this morning, so all good.

Look forward to seeing you & a few others (like munga) next Saturday morning.

munga

Postby munga » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:33 pm

:D i'll be there!

elantra

Postby elantra » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:50 pm

Wal42 wrote: But here is the only segment I got from yesterday's ride, it's only 10 minutes, it doesn't show much except I really swear a little too much & we discuss some crap when we're riding, but hey that's what it's all about, having a good time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDa8veTcgkE
It's a nice video taken on a nice morning's riverloop ride.
Some iconic brisbane trademarks include the Jack Pesch bridge :D and the scrub turkey doing a roadrunner impersonation.
Don't worry too much about the colourful language there might be a button you can press in the editing software that gets rid of those type of words.

Sorry about my absence, I was in bed with the flu and under orders not to go out on the bike.

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:25 pm

Editing software??????? What's that?????

Hey Elantra, my legs thank you for not coming, everytime the road turns upwards you rip my legs off & near bash me with them, I still had some issues staying with the others but you take m pain to a whole new level. Please come back munga, atleast I can stick with you up the hills.

Dan

Postby Dan » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:55 am

Wal42 wrote: Please come back munga, atleast I can stick with you up the hills.
I'll be there this coming Saturday to accompany you fine gents - Wal, I'll be there with you on the hills.

Dan

Postby Dan » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:51 am

Wal42 wrote:Anybody ever organised riding kit before or know somebody who makes it or has organised it?
How much would people be prepared to pay for a jersey?
Wal, this link might be of use? http://www.cyclingexpress.com/cycle/cus ... esign.aspx

Thoughts?